Full Project – The role of motivation in improving organizational effectiveness
The relationship between man and his works has attracted the attention of human behavior, the question of the role work and motivation play in human life is a concern not only of management but is psychological and physiological rooted.
Traditionally, work is merely perceived as basic to economic and physical survival. Nevertheless, the meaning of work and the motives which induces people to perform has undergone considerable change over the years. Apart from economically less developed societies which still remain complex.
Motivation is the process of inducing people to give up their best (Okwa 1999) motivation is an energizing factor that causes office workers to believe in certain (expected) way.
In recent time, man sought way to encourage their subordinate to perform well. Before, it was reward punishment system. Originally the accent was on punished, but in more recent time, the reward system has been adopted. This may come in form of bonus scheme and merit rating.
During the past two decade, the quest for better ways of motivating people has cause some researchers to concentrate on the psychological factor, that stimulate workers rather than developing the incentive.
In simplest form, the process of motivation is to purse those cause of action which promise the greatest degree of need satisfaction mismanagement in these cause has been affected to the factors relation to poor or inadequate motivation, it also becomes obvious to note tat the more adequately worker in an organization are motivated the more efficiency they will perform many form failed because motivation of workers were ignored.
Afri-bank Aba on which this research is being carried out is facing with the problem of motivation so their employees have to be motivated in order to improve performance and productivity.
Closing like with the issue is the area of job satisfaction. This relationship is obvious since an employee with high level of satisfaction will be given motivated, more to perform well is clear that motivates workers.
The position of this research is aimed at identifying the role of motivation of Afri-bank plc (Aba branch) how best the company can motivates its employees as well as maintaining efficient performance and job satisfaction
STATEMENT OF PROBLEMS
The role of motivation in an organizational effectiveness is the dream of every organization. But not many have achieved this dream. The subject of human motivation, human relations and styles of management adopted to achieve efficiency and effectiveness becomes imperative. Wherever there is goal oriented activity for Afri-bank on would expect such attainment.
Through it has come a long way. The fact still remains tat the organization is yet to attain organization efficiency. This would have been different with motivated workers (staff). At their present level of organizational efficiency therefore, it is important to investigate it workers are adequately motivate to put on their best.
In the case of Afri-bank for years, there has been bottle-neck source of their activities poor performance and poor activities to work has given a significant proportion in the organization perhaps, it workers are motivated things may assume a different posture.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
Generally, the objective of this study is to access the influence of motivation on organization effectiveness.
The objective will be specifically narrowed down to the following:
- To evaluate the motivational techniques adopted by Afri-bank Nigeria Plc (Aba branch) to achieve a higher productivity.
- To identify the factors which motivates employees and how best they can be applied?
- To make appropriate recommendation for improving the performance of the organization.
- To also suggest how best workers efficiency can be improved to enhance performance.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
This research will seek to provide answers to the following:
- What are the motivational methods/techniques carried out by organization for higher organization efficiency?
- To what extent has motivation enhance, diminished or stabilized the efficiency of his organization?
- Do the organizations recognize that motivating employees is the key to enhance efficiency?
- Why should employees what to co-operate and contribute towards accomplishing organizational goal?
- What is the influence of motivation or job satisfaction on workers?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
In view of the prior attention give to motivation in every organization for the purpose of attaining optimum organization goals. The finding of this study will enable Afri-bank PlC and of course other organization in knowing how best to motivate their staff with a view to achieve high organization goals.
It will examine analysis and being to high those major obstacles toward the realization of organization goals.
Above all besides bothering the knowledge of the researcher on motivates it will serve as secondary source of data to the researcher and help many organizations in policy formulation.
1.6 SCOPE OF STUDY
The study focuses on the role of motivation as tool for organization effectiveness of a case study of Afri-bank Plc, Aba. Information obtained is limited to those areas relating to staff motivation and motivational techniques adopted by the organization.
- LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The following were some problems encountered during the research process (through of this research) time was a serious constraint on that the researcher to intermittently had to stop work on the research to attend lecture and to write examinations.
- Further more, some of the officials were constantly to busy to listen to the researcher and the process of distributing questionnaires among the workers was very difficult as mot of them were reluctant to collect them.
- Some collected and refused to answer them especially among the, lower cadre.
- Finally, inadequate fund constitutes some limitation on this study as a research like this requires large finance for effective result.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
- MOTIVATION: The deriving force that makes an employee to give best on a work situation. Or it refers to the way in which urges, drives, desires, aspirations, and strivings or needs influence the choice of alternative in the behaviors of human beings.
- EMPLOYEE: a worker who contributes to the attainment of the goal of the organization. The aim of most managers is to ensure employee satisfaction at all times the contention being that a satisfied employee has a better attitude to work than a dissatisfied one.
- ORGANIZATION: Any social unit that co-ordinates the activities of its members in which duties and rule are officially prescribed and enforced. Stavarte (1997) or a group of people who form a business, club etc together in order to achieve a particular aim.
- PERFORMANCE: The act of achieving the desired result by employee’s staff. It is an accomplishment. Or it is process of performing a play concert or some other form of entertainment.
- GOAL-ORIENTED: People with purpose in organization. It is effect provide the basic sense of direction for the organization and its activities.
- EFFICIENCY: Ability to perform well and producing a desired or satisfactory result. It is also the relationship between output and cost (input) of achieving that output.
- OUTPUT: The visible result of the activities under take by any private or public organization. It also the amount of something that a person a machine or an organization produces.
- MANAGEMENT: The act of science of working in an organization through being directed by any coordinating the activities of people to achieve one’s goal into the organization (Ejiofor, 1984). It also the organization and control of human activities directed towards specific ends and objectives (Onah, 1981)
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Project Topics
- Actuarial Science
- Adult Education Project Topics
- African Languages And Linguistics Studies
- Agricultural Economics And Extension
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Health Science
- Arts Education
- Banking & Finance
- Banking and Finance
- Basic Science
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Research Project
- Botany Research project Topics
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Business Plan
- Chemical Engineering Project Topics
- Civil Engineering Project Topics
- Climate Change Project
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science
- Computer Science Topics
- Criminology Research Project
- Degree Project Topics
- Dissertation-Theses Writing Services (MBA MSc PhD)
- Dissertations/Theses Writing Services
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Topics and Material
- Economics Project Topics
- Edu 1
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- Educational Technology
- Engineering Research Project Topics
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Fine Art
- Fishery Project Topics
- Food Science And Technology
- Free Essay
- French Research Project Material
- Full Project
- Full Project Topics
- Geography Research Project Material
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Home Economics Project
- Hospitality Management
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Human Resource Management Project
- Industrial Relations & Personnel Management Project Topics
- Insurance Research Project
- International Relations
- Library Science
- Life Matter
- Linguistics and Communication Project Topics
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project
- Mass Communication
- Master Dissertation Thesis
- Mathematics Education
- MBA MSc BSc Thesis/Dissertation Project Topics
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Mental Health Project Topics
- Operation and Production Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Organizational Behaviour Research Project Writer
- Pol 1
- Pol 2
- Political Science
- Private Policy
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Topic
- Quantity Surveying
- Research Project
- Research Project Topic
- Secretarial Administration
- Sickle Cell Research Project Topics
- Statistics Project Topics
- Transportation Management
- Vocational Education Project Topics
Full Project – The role of motivation in improving organizational effectiveness