Full Project – Design and implementation of a computerized restaurant management system
Computerized Restaurant Management Information System is database program that keeps record of all transaction carried out in the restaurant on daily bases. The system helps the restaurant management to keep adequate record of all transactions carried out and does that will still be carried out by the restaurant and maintain the database of the restaurant.
1.2 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Various types of fall into several industry classifications based upon menu style, preparation methods and pricing. Additionally, how the food is served to the customer helps to determine the classification.
Historically, restaurant referred only to places that provided tables where one sat down to eat the meal, typically served by a Waiter. Following the rise of Fast food and restaurants, a Retronym for the older “standard” restaurant was created, sit-down restaurant. Most commonly, “sit-down restaurant” refers to a casual dining restaurant with Table service, rather than a “diner”, where one orders food at a Countertop. Sit-down restaurants are often further categorized, in North America, as “family-style”.
In, the term restaurant almost always means an eating establishment with table service, so the “sit-down” qualification is not usually necessary. Fast food and takeaway (take-out) outlets with counter service are not normally referred to as restaurants. Outside of North-America, the terms fast casual dining restaurants, family style, and casual dining are not used and distinctions among different kinds of restaurants is often not the same.
In France, for example, some restaurants are called “bistros” to indicate a level of casualness or trendiness, though some “bistros” are quite formal in the kind of food they serve and clientele they attract. Others are called “brasseries,” a term which indicates hours of service. “Brasseries” may serve food round the clock, whereas “restaurants” usually only serve at set intervals during the day.
In Sweden, restaurants of many kinds are called “restauranger,” but restaurants attached to bars or cafes are sometimes called “kök,” literally “kitchens,” and sometimes a bar-restaurant combination is called a “krog,” in English a “tavern.”
In Dishing It Out: In Search of the Restaurant Experience, Robert (2002) argues that all restaurants can be categorized according a set of social parameters defined as polar opposites: high or low, cheap or dear, familiar or exotic, formal or informal, and so forth. Any restaurant will be relatively high or low in style and price, familiar or exotic in the cuisine it offers to different kinds of customers, and so on.
Context is as important as the style and form: a taqueria is a more than familiar site in Guadalajara, Mexico, but it would be exotic in Albania. A Chris restaurant in North America may seem somewhat strange to a first time visitor from India; but many Americans are familiar with it as a large restaurant chain, albeit one that features high prices and a formal atmosphere.
1.3 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The use of manual system of operation used in the management of information at Crunches Restaurant Owerri is associated with the following problems;
- Accountability: Sales and services are the fundamental tools in any business organization the profit and loose of any business depends on detailed information on sales and services made to aid in decision making and implementation, if accountability is not checked, then the business is sure to collapse, as a result in any retail and hospitality business there is a need for a system that gives feedback to the management to aid decision making, this is where computerized management information system comes handy
- Staffing: staffing a restaurant can be tricky because demand for food will likely fluctuate dramatically, often due to variables that you cannot track. Identify any variables you do observe that influence traffic in your restaurant, such as weather and day of the week. Build a weekly schedule to staff your restaurant in accordance with these variables, such as scheduling additional staff on Saturday night if that is your busiest shift.
- Compile data about sales and employee hours to determine a profitable ratio of employee hours to sales totals. Restaurant personnel training systems are also vital to success, ensuring that employees know company protocol and systems, and are capable of delivering a high quality product.
- AIM AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The main objectives of the study are the Design, Documentation and Implementation of a Computerized Restaurant Management Information System. While the subsidiary objectives are:
- To determine how computerized management information system has facilitated increase productivity, decrease paperwork, and ability to analyze trouble spots.
- To determine how the system will increase the level of services quality and customer satisfaction.
- To determine how the system will help the restaurants to have the ability to build competitive and strategic advantages by better understanding the needs and wants of the guests, hence building repeat business.
- To determine how the system can lead organization towards better decision making and building a competitive advantage over its competitors.
- To determine how computerized management information system will improve the operating efficiencies, provide restaurant and support center management with timely access to financial and operating data and reduce administrative time and expense.
- SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The study is primarily aimed at increasing efficiency in operation, reducing time and running cost, monitoring and the recording of the activities and total administration in Crunches Restaurant Ltd Owerri by introducing a Computerized Restaurant Management Information System.
Besides, this study is significance because its conclusions would be useful to:
- Human Resources Managers in the restaurant and restaurants business
- The Federal, State and Local Government
- Scholars in the field of restaurant and restaurant management
- Management of Crunches Restaurant Ltd Owerri.
- SCOPE OF STUDY
This project work is narrowed to Crunches Restaurant Ltd Owerri. It deals with the Design, Documentation and Implementation of a Computerized Management Information System. The program will concentrate on keeping records of the total management activities.
- LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
- Most constraint experienced during the course of writing this project is that of detailed information about their major operations, the personnel manager was a little diplomatic in answering my questions in order not to reveal information that may indent the company’s image, though that did not stop me from writing and researching for detailed information.
- Due to time constraint, finance and confidentiality of information, program developed covers all aspect of employment, customer satisfaction, services to customers, recording activities, buying and selling of food. Whatever is left out is as a result of the stated limitations.
- DEFINITION OF TERMS
For easier understanding of unfamiliar words used in the research work, their meanings are as follows;
Authorization: to give staff permission or approval to access information.
Computer: This is an electronic device that can accept data information of inputs, process the data and it have the ability to store the data and also retrieves it for future use.
Customer: gust/person who patronizes Restaurant.
Information: a processed data that is conveyed or presented by a particular sequence of symbols, impulses etc.
Management: This is the process of getting activities completed efficiently with and through other people.
MIS: Management Information System.
Program: A series of instructions to control the operation of a computer.
Record: Is the collection of information or data for evidence purpose which can easily be accessed when need arises.
Restaurant: A place where people pay to sit and eat meals that are cooked and served on the premises.
Software: programs and other operating information used by a computer.
System: a computer whole, together as a mechanism or interconnecting network.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Full Project – Design and implementation of a computerized restaurant management system