Full Project-EVALUATE THE USE OF COMPUTER IN TEACHING AND LEARNING OF BASIC TECHNOLOGY AT THE SECONDARY SCHOOL IN ORUMBA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ANAMBRA STATE
EVALUATE THE USE OF COMPUTER IN TEACHING AND LEARNING OF BASIC TECHNOLOGY AT THE SECONDARY SCHOOL IN ORUMBA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ANAMBRA STATE.
EVALUATE THE USE OF COMPUTER IN TEACHING AND LEARNING OF BASIC TECHNOLOGY AT THE SECONDARY SCHOOL IN ORUMBA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ANAMBRA STATE
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
In recent times, the world has witnessed a rapid increase in technological innovations. This era ushered in the advent of the electronic computer system among other modern technologies. At present the computer technology has permeated nearly all aspects of human organizational roles and education.
Computer encompasses almost all facets of human endeavours. So much has been written on it and its relatedness to all areas of human disciplines, which include computer/information technology, engineering, agriculture etc. However, much work has not been done on computer and its application and relevance to education. This work aims to fill this gap, as it discusses it importance to the field of education Today, computer technology in schools is one of the most far-reaching and fast growing developments in education. Like maize in a plantation during a storm, countries all over the world are bending towards the fad of computer education (Joseph, 1990; Madu, 1990; Macaulay, 1993).
Development in science and technology has brought into lime light the indispensable roles of computer in the area of information technology. It is a new instructional system. The incursion of the electronic computer system into the educational parlance, according to Sherman (2005) provides the wherewithal to solve teaching and learning problems even more rapidly and accurately than hitherto conceived. This has eventually made the computer system the doyen of humanity as it continues to exert greater acceptance. Computer, according to Jayesimi (1985), has become the ‘nowology’ in our society and possibly futuristic years ahead.
In schools, computers are widely used; and the need for computer technology and literacy in the educational system has become more relevant. Computer has been found to be an effective device for presenting an instructional programme. According to McCormick (1993), computers can be used to diversify, develop and improve the pedagogical relation of teaching and learning. Also, technological development can only be enhanced through proper acquisition of scientific knowledge: which can only be realized through relevant training in Science, Mathematics and Computer Education. It was in this light that the Federal Government of Nigeria launched the National Policy on Computer Literacy at primary, secondary and tertiary levels of education in 1987 with the following general aims:
For the computer to transform the school system, as there is increased merger between the computer technology and communication; and To equip the individual or student with thorough understanding of the concept of computer in order to fit in to the next century.
The National programme on Computer Education as put in place by the Federal Government of Nigeria was received with open arms and regarded as a technological innovation in educational practice in Nigeria institutions of learning. Computer Education was perceived as a new instructional system that was designed to improve the quality of teaching and learning and to aid technological and socio-economic development. This was further corroborated by the then Federal Minister of Education, Professor Jubril Aminu in his address to the Adhoc Committee on Computer Literacy in Nigeria that the objectives of the nation’s Computer Education programme, among other things, were as follows:
To bring about a computer literate society in Nigeria within a short space of time.
To enable the present generation of school children at all levels, appreciate the potentials of the computer; and To enable them to be able to use the computer in various works of life and later occupation.
With these laudable objectives, all state governments throughout Nigeria follow the Federal Government policy to introduce Computer Education and Literacy in secondary schools in 1997 with the following general objectives:
To bring about a computer literacy in each state in Nigeria.
To develop the use of computer as teaching tool in all subject areas and to familiarize students with the use of computer technology.
To enable the present generation of school children at the secondary school level appreciate the potentials of the computer and be able to utilize the computer in various aspects of life and later occupation; and. To expose the teachers and the students to the latest scientific knowledge and skills.
From the foregoing, based on the importance of computer to learning, introducing it into the Nigerian educational system can be said to be a step in the right direction.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEMS
As excellent and important the computer, it has not really gained its root in our Nigerian schools, let alone the entire society. Its impact is not strongly felt by all, especially by our students. This is because there are some challenges facing its implementations in our society. Some of the challenges are listed below.
The challenges of computer education are both educational and administrative. The prominent among the administrative problems is cost. Over the years, the cost of computer has been on the high side. This has been a deterrent to the adoption of computer for instructional purposes in most Nigerian secondary schools. Coupled with this is the exorbitant price of software; it follows the same pattern as that for the hardware. Where attempts are made to purchase computers for instructional purposes, the costs of installation, maintenance and replacement are unavoidable.
The depressed economic situation of Nigeria has incapacitated the government to fund education effectively. The meager funding of education in Nigeria coupled with low technological level has been an impediment to the provision of instructional materials and use of computers for instruction in Nigeria at all levels of education.
In addition, death of trained personnel militates against the use of computer for instruction. Experts with the technical know-how of computers are few except the computer dealers who are profit conscious. Hence, there are no computer operators, keypunch operators, analysts, computer scientists, computer engineers and technicians to operate service and develop computer course ware for use on a large scale in education (Salisbury, 1998).
Another impediment to use of computer in the classroom could be attributed to the syndrome of resistance to change among the Nigerian teachers. They view the use of computer for education as a means of displacing them from their cherished job rather than an instructional material to enrich teaching and learning.
Also, they regard the use of computer as an increase in their tasks in the classroom without adequate compensation, hence the prayer for premature death for computer education.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The aim of this research work is to evaluate the use of computer in teaching and learning of basic technology at the secondary school in Orumba South Local Government Area of Anambra state. The specific objective of this research work includes the following:
1. To determine how teachers make use of computer in preparing lesson note.
2. To determine how teachers use computer assisted instruction in teaching.
3. To determine how students make use of computer to gather academic information.
4. To determine the ways students make use of computer to relate to other students and their teachers.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study is very essential to the extent that it will help to identify most suggestion for improving the teaching and learning of computer and integrated science in our secondary schools. The results of this research will be of benefit to the following groups of people.
1. It will help Anambra state Government and Orumba South Local Government Area in particular to know the relevance and importance of the use of computer in Teaching and Learning in secondary schools.
2. It will enable the government to know the qualifications of teachers teaching computer and in secondary schools.
3. Parents will from the result of this study know the importance of science laboratory in the academic life of their children.
4. The result will also help the management and teacher of secondary schools to know and understand that laboratory should be the bed rock of students that study computer and therefore attaché importance in science laboratory.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTION
The following research questions were formulated in this research work:
1. What are the way teachers use computer in preparing lesson note?
2. What are the teachers use computer assisted instructions in teaching?
3. What are the ways students make use of computer to gather academic information?
4. What are the ways student use computer to relate to other students and their teachers?
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study will be restricted to the use of computer in teaching and learning of basic technology at the secondary schools in Orumba South Local Government Area of Anambra state.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria