Full Project – EFFECT OF TEACHER’S CREATIVITY ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF EARLY CHILDHOOD
This study examined the influence of Effect of teacher’s creativity on academic performance of early childhood in Mushin Local Government Area of Lagos State. Three research questions and three hypotheses were formulated to guide the study. The sample size for the study were Fifty (50) pre-school teachers in Mushin Local Government Area. The descriptive survey research method was adopted in carrying out the study while the Chi-square statistical tool was employed in data analysis. The findings of this study were as follows: there is a significant influence of teachers’ creativity on early childhood cognitive development; there is a significant influence of teachers’ creativity on early childhood emotional development ; there is a significant influence of teachers’ creativity on early childhood social development. The following recommendations were made: pre-school teachers should endeavour to show dynamism in the classroom by varying their teaching styles; pre-school teachers should always teach with a solid backing of instructional materials; pre-school teachers should engage children in creative play and recreational activities often; teachers should engage pupils in joint activities to boost their social skills; the early childhood teacher should be tolerant of uniqueness in personality and learning style among pupils; Pre-school teachers should create an atmosphere for a healthy self-expression among pupils in the class.
KEYWORDS: Teachers’ Creativity, Early Childhood Development, Cognitive Development, Emotional Development, Social Development.
Background of the Study
Creativity in adults is highly valued in our society. Personal creativity contributes to inventiveness, innovation, social and cultural change as well as political development and economic progression. The creator is an innovator, a problem solver, an entrepreneur, an artist. Creative people have rapid and effective responses that help them to achieve their life goals and allow them to enjoy the journey. Creativity is both a skill set and a unique and individual personality structure that is developed throughout childhood and fine tuned in adolescence and adulthood. Education has a key role to play in its development. Positive creativity-inspiring experiences at every stage of the educational journey are needed. This is
especially true in both early childhood and the infant primary classes. Educators who rise to the creativity challenge will be well rewarded in rich teaching experiences and the joy of seeing children reach their creative potential in supportive and integrated learning systems.
Children develop thinking and sensory learning through engagement with creative activities and that it is essential that they are offered an opportunity to engage with their creativity in the early stages of their education (Chapman, 2008). Arnold (2011) and Bruce (2012) agree with this line of thought, implying that it is engagement with creative activities that promotes children’s developing abilities to think of new ideas, express them, identify issues and problem solve. Donahoe and Gaynor (2007) believe that activities that enhance creativity and imagination are what lead to children embracing divergent forms of thinking that in turn leads them to innovation through the processing of unique ideas and experiences.
In her contribution, Robinson (2001) argues that we do not grow into creativity, that it is present in early childhood and we are educated out of it. From all of these viewpoints, it is evident that engaging creativity in children is essentially an important milestone in the development of creative thinkers and innovators in adult life. Marzollo and Lloyd (2012) believe that if creativity is not engaged with during the naturally creative childhood years that it is not something that can then be developed in later life. Bamford (2005) and Burke (2005) both write that the pleasure factor in creativity or children’s enjoyment of the creative experience is a key component in their learning and in the nurturing of their innate creative abilities with their desire to engage more and more with creativity and thus become more and morecreative.
With our awareness of children’s natural creative ability, it then becomes crucial to engage them with creative teachers who would help them in their expression of this creativity and their social, mental and academic development through the different domains of learning. Therefore, this study assesses the Effect of teacher’s creativity on academic performance of early childhood
Statement of the Problem
The educational system has been criticized in many quarters for being too rigid and not giving room for creativity in teaching methodology and pedagogy. Inflexibility in adherence to laid down rules in teaching and learning in our educational institutions has been looked down upon has hampering creativity in learners and even in teachers.
For instance, Naiman and Markovik in their 2009 study found the creativity ratings of early childhood teachers to be disturbingly poor. The researchers tested the teachers on improvisation, teaching innovation and integration, class control and child engagement. A similar result ws obtained by Bales (2012) who concluded that early childhood teachers are too rigid and that the leadership of the schools should relax the pedagogy thereby allowing teachers to be more creative. Bales also found in his research that there is a significant relationship between teachers’ ceativity and that of the children.
If more progress is to be made in the arts, sciences and the world of commerce, creativity would undoubtedly be an important facilitating instrument, or else our society would continue to develop only at a crawling pace; and this creativity would need to fostered in individuals from their early years, through the hands of capable teachers.
Purpose of the Study
The main purpose of this study is to assess the Effect of teacher’s creativity on academic performance of early childhood using the survey research design. Specifically, this study aims to:
- Assess the influence of teacher’s creativity on children’s cognitive development
- Examine the influence of teacher’s creativity on children’s social development
- Examine the influence of teacher’s creativity on children’s emotional development
The following research questions will be answered in the course of this study:
- Is there an influence of teacher’s creativity on children’s cognitive development?
- Is there an influence of teacher’s creativity on children’s social development?
- Is there an influence of teacher’s creativity on children’s emotional development?
The following research hypotheses will be tested in the course of this study:
- There is no influence of teacher’s creativity on children’s cognitive development
- There is no influence of teacher’s creativity on children’s social development
- There is no influence of teacher’s creativity on children’s emotional development
Scope of the Study
This scope of this study covers the influence of Effect of teacher’s creativity on academic performance of early childhood in Mushin local Government. It is delimited to 50 early childhood education teachers.
- The influence of effect of teacher’s creativity on academic performance of early childhood
- The descriptive survey research method.
- Use of questionnaire
- 50 Early Childhood teachers in Bariga Local Government
- Chi-square statistical tool.
Significance of the Study
This study would be a vital source of empirical findings to stakeholders in the field of Early Childhood Education on the importance of creativity as expressed in the teaching and learning process. It would highlight creativity in teachers and how these teachers can utilize it to influence the development of children in their care.
Operational Definition of Terms
Creativity: a tendency to generate or recognize ideas, alternatives, or possibilities that may be useful in solving problems, communicating with others and facilitating teaching and learning.
Early Childhood Development: Advancement of children in the cognitive, affective and psychomotor domains of learn
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria
Full Project – EFFECT OF TEACHER’S CREATIVITY ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF EARLY CHILDHOOD