Full Project – Design and Implementation of Website for Internet Banking
The greatest innovation that has taken place in the twentieth century is in the realm of information Technology. This is currently made possible by the introduction of the digital computers. This has been observed in the field of communication to be increasingly inseparable from communications. This linkages often referred to as convergence is driven by Technology and amplified by business trends the technology and business. Faster growth in network systems that use communication links to connect subsidiary system (nodes) which may send, receives, direct and redirect information to , fro, send and receive.
Taking of the internet a couple of years ago would have sound like a fairytale but today the internet is pervasive in almost every field of human endeavor changing the fundamentals of how we conduct national as well as international businesses. Few years of its existence, the internet has shown that it can deliver the long sought after goal of electronic commerce.
It is worth that companies in the developed countries world-wide have recognized the business potential of the internet and are getting connected to the network of networks in their millions.
The financial institution (Bank) is one of such organizations. Banking constitutes one of the most prominent life wire for Socio-Economic grow and development in any given nation, it support and assists in the supply of long and short term loan, accepts both current sowings and fixed deposits, both foreign transactions, advice and facilitates transactions between client, workers, agents, firm, buyers and seller by providing payment services, not excluding the issue of undertaking risk on behalf of their clients, only to mention but a few.
The internet having found its application and acceptance in the banking procession has particularly put the banking industry on an accelerating pace of development. The technological highway (the internet) has become an enabler for Banks in achieving high level productivity and in handing volumes of transaction which would have been impossible without the use of on-line banking (E-commerce).
The technology facilitates linkages with clients both through the provision of information and quality service delivery, as well as in reducing barriers to entry into payment systems retail banking. Internet banking allows clients to engage in informal transaction relationship which would have taken long distance travels or movement of documents with the attendant risk of loss. With the online banking (internet) you can at your convenience, at home and at any time review account balances and transactions, transfer funds, receive and pay bills, down-load transaction services and contact customer services just to mention but a few.
An over view of the benefits and prospects of the on-line banking suggest that for banks to be relevant to their customers in term of the services they provide in the twenty-five century and in the future, must append this services provided by E-commerce in the banking system in order to stay in competition. Now the on-line banking is the one thing bank should get up and invest in internet technology to reap bounteously the benefit accruing from internet banking.
1.1 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The advances in the world of information technology it is almost recorded on a daily basis. Consequently, rendering former communication equipment obsolete as people tilt towards the use of improved electronics that support E-commerce made possible through the use of the internet in the banking sector.
Although a significant improvement has been recorded in the use and deployment technology in the banking industry over the last decades, most banks are still for form implementing technology based strategies able to see them through competition in banking markets. This may be as a result of lack of awareness, the inability to evaluate the benefit derived from the use of the recent technological development (internet) and capital shortage that may hamper the design and subsequent implementation of the technological tool hence denying customers of this advance services and their flexibility, choice and convenience associated with the internet banking.
The advantages offered by these toll calls for a review of an existing automated system and subsequent design and implementation of interactive web-site that facilitates the use of the internet to be appended or designed to improve the existing system.
- PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
- To investigate the lacks of the current automated system in terms of modern technology appliances that support internet banking services and suggest ways of updating them.
- To improve in the speed, effectiveness, efficiency and convenience in business transaction.
- To design and implement a computer software to solve this problem and rendering the services.
- To design a friendly web-site that graphically advertises goods and services provided by the institute on web pages.
- To carry out a feasibility study on the organization for the purpose of installing an on-line banking.
- AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aims and objectives of this work is that when the system become operational it will
- Increase the operational efficiency and accuracy.
- Generate consistent, Accurate, timely and reliable reports or information for effective control in internet banking.
- Provide the use of account ID and password for the customer.
- Improve in current automated system that support internet banking service.
- Permit the use of card pin and other relevant data for E-commerce validation.
- Permit on-line time data storage and information retrieval
- SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study and subsequent design of the computer software is limited to the (union bank of Nigeria, Enugu.)
Although limited to the above organization, the finding, design and implementation of the software is likely to be applicable to other owned organization.
1.5 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Hard time is not a new phenomenon to an ordinary Nigeria but to the student researcher, it is even worse. Time and finance posed a lot of constraints to the work.
Consequently, difficulties were encountered during the collection of primary data. Most of the administrators, system engineers and clerks visited reluctantly refused interview for one reason or the other and being referred to, fro, the organization from one personnel to the other not excluding even security men.
Books related to this topic are relatively scarce and could only be gotten from the internet, which took a lot of time and money.
However, with persistence and perseverance reasonable facts were finally obtained.
- DEFINITION OF TERMS
INTERNET The internet is global network of computers.
LAN Local Area Network
MAN Metropolitan Area Network
WAN Wide Area Network
NT Network Termination
PIN Positive Intrinsic Negative
WEB The newest and friendliest face to the internet made of pages of information about the institution it represent.
Virtual World: As electronic simulation experienced via a head mounted eye goggle and wire doting enabling the end use to interact in realistic three dimensional situation.
Analysis: The methodical investigation of a problem involving the separation of the problem into smaller related unit for further study.
Computer – base: computer oriented problem solving.
Format: The arrangement of data.
Software: A set of logical instruction designed for the computer.
File: is made up of field and records.
Database: Set of several permanent files integrated into a single file, which is available for many different use?
Process: A systematic sequence of operation.
Program: Series of instruction that is given to the computer
Computer: Is an electronic device capable of accepting inputs processing, storing and outputting information in human readable form.
Network: The inter-connection of computers.
Window: a type of operating system.
Real time: A computer that gives immediate result of the processed data.
On-line: That can be accessed at any given time
Password: A set of code that gives you access to a computer resources.
E-banking: Banking done with high computer means of transferring data.
Telemetric: The use of telephone line couple with the computer in providing services.
CD ROM: Compact – disk read only memory.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Project Topics
- Actuarial Science
- Adult Education Project Topics
- African Languages And Linguistics Studies
- Agricultural Economics And Extension
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Health Science
- Arts Education
- Banking & Finance
- Banking and Finance
- Basic Science
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Research Project
- Botany Research project Topics
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Business Plan
- Chemical Engineering Project Topics
- Civil Engineering Project Topics
- Climate Change Project
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science
- Computer Science Topics
- Criminology Research Project
- Degree Project Topics
- Dissertation-Theses Writing Services (MBA MSc PhD)
- Dissertations/Theses Writing Services
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Topics and Material
- Economics Project Topics
- Edu 1
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- Educational Technology
- Engineering Research Project Topics
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Fine Art
- Fishery Project Topics
- Food Science And Technology
- Free Essay
- French Research Project Material
- Full Project
- Full Project Topics
- Geography Research Project Material
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Home Economics Project
- Hospitality Management
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Human Resource Management Project
- Industrial Relations & Personnel Management Project Topics
- Insurance Research Project
- International Relations
- Library Science
- Life Matter
- Linguistics and Communication Project Topics
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project
- Mass Communication
- Master Dissertation Thesis
- Mathematics Education
- MBA MSc BSc Thesis/Dissertation Project Topics
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Mental Health Project Topics
- Operation and Production Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Organizational Behaviour Research Project Writer
- Pol 1
- Pol 2
- Political Science
- Private Policy
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Topic
- Quantity Surveying
- Research Project
- Research Project Topic
- Secretarial Administration
- Sickle Cell Research Project Topics
- Statistics Project Topics
- Transportation Management
- Vocational Education Project Topics
Full Project – Design and Implementation of Website for Internet Banking