Full Project – Design and implementation of examination administration system
Examination malpractices have consistently remained the bane of Nigeria educational system. Examination can be defined as an instrument for testing, assessing and evaluating students’ performance. It is a potent instrument for judging knowledge and competence. An examination is creditable if it posses the following key element; free and fair devoid of partiality, cheating and all forms of examination malpractices, candidate impersonation is one of the prominent forms of examination malpractices. There is a general idea that a more knowledgeable personality is hired as mercenary to write exam for the criminal candidate. And invigilator identifies a genuine candidate by his identity card that bears his name, picture and other relevant information out of all the information present on the candidate’s identity card, only the picture is verifiable on the spot. That is the invigilator looks at the face of the candidate and tries to match it with the picture on the identity card. Unknown to him the picture of the impostor can be on the identity card while other information belongs to the genuine owner. Genuine verification of the candidate’s identity as a major requirement for participation in an examination is the primary way of eliminating examination malpractices.
- Theoretical Background
Adequate monitoring, administration and detection of various anomalies connect to impersonators or intruders having access to examination venues and centers to either write for someone or disrupt the examination process has been a source of concern and great challenge. Challenge, such as having a comprehensive bio-data of examination candidates and lots more. But this new system after implementation will be able to bring all these forms of existing challenges to rest. Also an increased form of security will be made possible also as well as the general convenience that will be experienced.
- Statement of the Problem
It should be well noted that problems have been faced in Nigerian examination administration system, these problems include;
- Poor form of storage facilities for exam information which makes files to be easily mutilated.
- There has been lack of complete and effective details of all candidates sitting for the examination.
- It increases stress and work rate for examination officials of EMC (Examination Monitoring Commitee).
- The existing system is very slow in processing of information as regard detection of examination intruders.
- Aims and Objectives of the Study
The aim of this research is to develop an examination administration computer-based system.
The major idea of this new system may be achieved with the following objectives.
- To develop a system with an in-depth demonstration of the parameters affecting examination administration in polytechnics.
- To develop a system that will verify every candidate before entering the exam halls.
- Development of intelligent, object based or objects oriented user interface system for ease of records storage database.
- Significance of Study
This research project would be unnecessary if it does not have significance to the users or humanity.
- The newly designed system would reduce time sent in verifying the authenticity of candidate sitting for the examination.
- The knowledge that the new system has designed would increase effectiveness due to increase in flexibility and user friendliness of the system.
- The administrator/invigilators will be able to have full and complete control of the examination hall thereby eliminating disorderliness in the examination venues/halls.
- This research project also serve as a reference material for researcher who which to research on the topic in the future.
- Scope of the Study
The scope of this research work covers the design and implementation of examination administration system, with reference to Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, Ikot Ekpene.
- Organization of the Study
The research project has been arranged in the following order;
- Chapter one starts with the introduction, theoretical background, and statement of problem, aim and objectives of the study, organization of research and definition of terms.
- Chapter two is concerned with the review of related literature.
- Chapter three is concerned with the system analysis and design which include: Research Methodology, System Analysis, Analysis of the Existing System, Problem of the Existing System, Analysis Proposed System, Advantages of the Proposed System, and Disadvantages of the proposed System, System Design, Input Layout, Program Flowchart, and Output Format.
- Chapter five contains summary, conclusion, constraint of the study and recommendation.
- Definition of Terms
Analysis: Analysis is the process of considering something carefully or using statistical methods in order to understand it or explain it.
Biometric: The use of measurable, biological characteristics such as fingerprints or iris patterns to identify a person to an electronic system.
Impersonation: To pretend to be somebody in order to deceive people or to entertain them.
Malpractice: Negligence, misconduct, lack of ordinary skill, or breach of duty in performance of a professional service.
Model: A model is a system that is being used and that people might want to copy in order to achieve similar results.
Psychological: Connected with a person’s mind and the way in which it works.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Project Topics
- Actuarial Science
- Adult Education Project Topics
- African Languages And Linguistics Studies
- Agricultural Economics And Extension
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Health Science
- Arts Education
- Banking & Finance
- Banking and Finance
- Basic Science
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Research Project
- Botany Research project Topics
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Business Plan
- Chemical Engineering Project Topics
- Civil Engineering Project Topics
- Climate Change Project
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science
- Computer Science Topics
- Criminology Research Project
- Degree Project Topics
- Dissertation-Theses Writing Services (MBA MSc PhD)
- Dissertations/Theses Writing Services
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Topics and Material
- Economics Project Topics
- Edu 1
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- Educational Technology
- Engineering Research Project Topics
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Fine Art
- Fishery Project Topics
- Food Science And Technology
- Free Essay
- French Research Project Material
- Full Project
- Full Project Topics
- Geography Research Project Material
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Home Economics Project
- Hospitality Management
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Human Resource Management Project
- Industrial Relations & Personnel Management Project Topics
- Insurance Research Project
- International Relations
- Library Science
- Life Matter
- Linguistics and Communication Project Topics
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project
- Mass Communication
- Master Dissertation Thesis
- Mathematics Education
- MBA MSc BSc Thesis/Dissertation Project Topics
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Mental Health Project Topics
- Operation and Production Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Organizational Behaviour Research Project Writer
- Pol 1
- Pol 2
- Political Science
- Private Policy
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Topic
- Quantity Surveying
- Research Project
- Research Project Topic
- Secretarial Administration
- Sickle Cell Research Project Topics
- Statistics Project Topics
- Transportation Management
- Vocational Education Project Topics
Full Project – Design and implementation of examination administration system