Full Project-COST CONTROL AS AN INSTRUMENT FOR PERFORMANCE EVALUATION: PROBLEMS AND REMEDIES:
COST CONTROL AS AN INSTRUMENT FOR PERFORMANCE EVALUATION: PROBLEMS AND REMEDIES:
(A CASE STUDY OF CHAMPION BREWERIES PLC, UYO)
1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The continuous operation and sustenance of study organization, be it profit making or non-profit making, depends upon the availability of sufficient information required for its operation. Information generally is required for planning, co-ordinating and decision making in an entity.
Information has varied dimensions and uses and the cost crucial of it all to the health of an establishment is the cost information which is an uproot or is the cost information system, which is an important to life and health of a business as the flow of blood is to the life and health of an individual. Robert Mary (1995).
Today, business and firms are controlled and directed by professional management. The life and health continuous operation of the firm is saddled upon the company’s management.
Therefore, for a company’s management to be effective in the discharge of its responsibility of ensuring the continuous operation of the business and increasing shareholders wealth and maximizing profit, cost management (cost control) must be an integral feature of it. This system will enable business mangers to monitor, evaluate and trim expenditures.
According to Lucey (2002), the purpose of control by the managers of a firm is to help to ensure that operations and performance conform to the plans. In organizational system, control is exercised by the use of informational report that tell management about a company’s activities. Cost control therefore encompasses to all managements effort to influence the actions of individuals who are responsible for performing tasks, incurring cost and generating revenues. Cooper and Kaplan (1991).
Cost control works best as part of manager’s routine management and it needs to be carefully managed because whilst it clearly helps to cut wasteful activities, careless cost cutting can lead to falling quality and poor morale.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
For an entity to operate efficiently and effectively and to ensure the going-concern concept of accounting, it requires adequate information about cash flows within and outside the firm for making decision on resource mobilization, allocation, utilization and stewardship reporting. The main aim of an entity is profit maximization and satisfaction in case of non-profit oriented organization. These can only be achieved if the cost relating to an entity’s routine activities are adequately managed through the system of cost control and company’s management can achieved the goals of the company.
However, things have fallen apart in recent years. Many shareholders of a company have suffered untold hardships. The profit maximization instead of increasing has been decreasing or stagnated. The objective of an entity has proven to be unachievable or total failure. Some company’s manager has cost their job while some still manages the firm with series of conditions spell out by shareholders. Most firms have wound up despite managers attempts to ensure continuous operation of the company.
In recent time, there have been series of allegations that entity resources are inefficiently managed. That most decisions on spending of company’s fund are not referenced to budget and those control reports which are informational report are not factual and are not produced on time.
As a result of these observations and experiences, the researcher is of the opinion that non-existence of a detailed cost system competency of personal handling various cost centers, poor design of procedures and standards for reporting and evaluation by managers militates against achieving the objectives of company. Therefore, the researcher has undertaken to research on cost control as an important element in performance evaluation; problems and remedy.
1.2 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The reason why the researcher undertakes this research is to assess how cost control aids in performance evaluation, and also the problems associated with cost control and how the problems can be solved or minimized.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The following are the objectives to be achieved in the study:
To assess how cost control serves as an instrument for performance evaluation. to examine the problems associated with cost control in an organization.
iii. To find out how the manager of an organization perceive the cost control system.
To identify the various processes involved in the implementation of cost control system in an organization. To recommend methods and techniques to be used in overcoming the hindrances of implementing cost control system so as to eliminate the problems of not attaining the organizations objectives.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
Does the organization have a system of cost control for performance evaluation? What are the problems or effects caused by a cost control system if not implemented in an organization? How long does it take the organization to prepare a work performance report?
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria