Full Project-THE IMPORTANCE OF ACCOUNTING ON ORGANIZATION’S EFFECTIVESNESS
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of content
1.0 Background of study
1.1 Statement of problems
1.2 Objective of study
1.3 Scope of study
1.4 Limitation of study
1.5 Definition of terms
2.0 Literature Review
2.1 Nature of Government accounting
2.2 Procedure for government accounting
2.3 Financial control
2.4 Control technique
2.5 Treasury control
2.6 Expenditure control
2.7 Expenditure control
2.8 Department control
2.9 Summary of related review literature
1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Universally, it is well known fact that the management and control of public fund determine the success of all governmental activities and it is also at the heart of government administration hence the need for an acceptable accounting system that will comprehensively after solution to the accounting problem of the government and society.
The management and control of public fund are governed by the finance (control and management) act of 1988. this was as a result of the constitutional amendment of 1957 which in settee subsection 154A to E into section 154 which deals with the operation of the consolidated revenues fund. The principles of this act forms the base of finance act which had s slight change in the 1976 and 1989 constitution. Furthermore government accounting is regulated by section 129, 148 of the constitution laws enacted by government. In power, the fiancé (control and management act of 1958 and by decrees and acts which were promulgated into laws.
The rules and regulation governing the accounting practices (management and control public funds) are contained in the financial regulation treasury accounting manual and treasury circulars
According to this financial regulation (FR 519) the provision stated that “Before making any payment at sub accounting office will satisfy immensely so far as he is in a position to do so that
a. The expenditure has been authorized by warrant and the voucher correctly classified in accordance with the estimates.
b. The information furnished on the voucher is correct in all particulars, the certificates on the voucher signed by the proper officer
c. All proper deductions from salaries or pension accounting of contribution repayment of advances or other liabilities have been duly made.
These basic functions are services rendered by the treasury.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The treasury as a custodian of public fund is responsible for providing a retailed of all public and that federal ministry/Department being part of the treasury is also vested with same responsibility.
However, the treasury is faced with number of problems that tend to under the effectiveness of accounting system.
The following problems are therefore identified with a view to finding this solution so that credible accounting system will re-sure.
a. Inadequate staying
b. Inadequate method of revenue collection and control
c. Delay in the preparation of final account monthly transcript
d. Delay in the preparation of bank reconciliation statement
e. Late remittance cash transfers
Consequently, this research work is intend to find solution to these problems that militate against the efficient and effective implementation of accounting systems in the government treasury.
1.2 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
Reference to the numerous problems facing the treasury in the quest to have an effective accounting system in pursuance of nations building this work is aimed at ascertaining the importance and significance of this government accounting system an identify causes of this ineffectiveness.
More so, this study is aimed at analyzing the following
a. The role and responsibility of the accountant general office in ensuring this, an effective accounting system and proper accountability for public funds
b. The importance of accounting principles on the government and the public in general with regards to its effectiveness.
c. The extent of compliance with financial regularities and treasury circulars on disbursement of fund by persons or authorities entrusted with such responsibility determining the extent and damage which fraud misappropriation and embezzlement of such public fund have caused and persisted in the organization.
d. Funding solution by not any minimizing but eliminating such bad practices completely.
e. The cause of delay or absolute neglect in the implementation of the accounting principles, rules and regulation.
f. Investigate to what extent under staying or inexperience and unskilled stay have contributed to poor output of the treasury.
1.3 SCOPE OF STUDY
This study covers the responsibilities and duties of federal ministry/department and implementation of the accounting principles rules and regulation for effective and efficient performance . the duties includes the compliance to the treasury requirement, the enforcement of the rules and regulation. In the financial regulation so as to always produce proper and credible account of public fund. The importance and effectiveness of this accounting system to the organization and finally the shortcoming of the accounting system on organization of any.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria