Full Project-BUDGETING IN PUBLIC SECTOR ECONOMY (CASE STUDY OF ENUGU STATE GOVERNMENT)
1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
In his budget of December 23, 2011 presented the year 2012 budget, there the governor of Enugu state governor Sullivan chime said that the thrust of the 2012 budget is poverty reduction of the people. The state government appreciated the dangers of delaying of delaying the narrowing of gay between the tow socio-economic order, the rich and the poor so as to provide equal footing for both.
For proper integration of social and economic environment in the state ,it has become imperative to reduce unemployment and poverty in the state to the barest minimum. For us in Enugu state it meant drastic reduction in personnel cost, recovery of government funds and properly filtered away during the civilian administration, increase in internal revenue generation, judicious spending and accountability. Though ,a budget can be prepare simply on the basis of what was done on the previous year ,adjusted for any change in condition or scope of the activity that may be anticipate for the coming year, a soundly conceived budgetary plan should be such that will simulate the executive to take a more critical view of his own operation.
The fundamental difference between the public sector and private sector is that the later is organics and operated to make a profit for its owner while the former exists to provide services to its citizens substantially on a non-profit basis. The Enugu state Annual Budget like any other state in the federation consists of two segments: the recurrent expenditure and the capital expenditure .However the drastic collapse in oil revenue over the year is one factor that has seriously affected state budgets.
Also the recent federal government ban on the state from securing loan from external or internal sources and the heavy dependence on imports for essential raw material spare parts and capital goods has continued to affect the state budgeting . Others include unacceptable high rate of inflation and unemployment ,low productively ,and an adverse debt repayment position .it is this state of affairs that made Enugu state government to adopt the following strategies to achieve the derived goals .
A} Maximization of internal revenue by improving the revenue collection machinery and policies .
B} judicious management of expenditure so as to conserve scare fund .
C} concentration of attention on the execution and completion of some selected project in the various sector ; thereby avoiding the used mistakes of preaching scarce resources thing over tow many project and achieving little or nothing .
1.1 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The study aims at collecting quantities information on budgeting control measures. Data generation from such information are essential for :
(A) providing a base and framework for improving the quantity and quality of current budgetary control statistics
(B) planning problem ,formulating and appraising the budgeting techniques of the public sector .
(C) The measurement and assessment of the contribution of the role of budget in the economy of the state .
(D) Budget implementation committee .
1.2 PURPOSE OF STUDY
The purpose of the study is:
(A) To take an overview of the a analysis of the relationship between approved estimates and actual expenditure in the last five financial year ,and whether there is a wide or narrow gab between financial provision in the budget and what was achieved and to draw conclusion from such analysis .
(B) To determine the factors which account for the difference between the capital expenditure and the recurrent .
(C) To determine the effect of budgeting on the economic development of the state .,
1.3 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study will contribute toward improving the budgetary planning control techniques in Enugu state. Thy study will also help the state government a technique for effective financial contor and control over revenue collection .The study will enable the government and the ministries broaden their understanding of the role of budgeting as a planning and control device in the public sector .This could be done by allowing the respective ministries, Parastatals corporation etc .have second look at their budgeting techniques . 1.4 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
For the purpose of this research work the following assumption were made in order to employ a scientific approach to the recitations of the following hypothesis were analyzed.
1 HO: There is no effective budgeting in public sector economic .
HI: There is effective budgeting in public sector economy ,
2 HO internal revenue generation is not effective in the public sector economy.
HI internal revenue generation is effective sector economy .
1.5 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The finding of the study and generalization are limited to Enugu state of Nigerian . Due to time and financial contract it will be wrong to claim that the findings are exhaustive and conclusive as far as this subject is concerned .Another limitation is that the researcher relied entirely on data from Enugu state official gazette ,previous budget proposal and speeches of pass head of government of Enugu state ,journals and past student publication and this is therefore the only means of acerbating validity and reliability .
However, these sources can only provide quantization information about budgeting but could not be a good guideline to behavioral implication of budgeting. Also during the data collection provides the respondents were not variable in their offices and several visit had to be made before the interview and questionnaires could be administered .The interview had the tendency not to talk about their areas of difficulties and showed little interest in the other ,thus to there night have been some falsification of information .
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study is that in public sector economy in Nigerian consist :-
(A) The government Parastatals partly or completely financed by the government Parastatals operate in some private sector fashion , government presence coming only in the from of control ,directive and subvention .E.G mass transit services of state an local government rural electrification bounds , state housing corporation .
(B) The federal government visit its ministries ,department and agencies like, INEC, NDE ,NBTE ,NUE, ETE .
(C) The state government represented by its ministries and departments.
(D) The local government .
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
In this study certain term are to be used and whenever it found are to be given the following meaning: –
(A) THE FEDERATION ACCOUNT
It is the distributable pool account into which all revenue collected by the federal government departments or an authority by the states on behalf of federal government.
(c) EXCLUSIVE REVENUE OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
Federally collectable revenue is made up of two disproportionate parts. The first and often the smaller parts is the revenue which accrues exclusively to the federal government from its own independent sources such as from income tax of the personnel for the armed force of federation of the Nigeria police force the ministry of external Affairs and residents of the federal capital territory , Abuja. The second and is whatever that is not included in the first part above.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria