Full Project-FINANCING OF GOVERNMENT PARASTATALS
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
It is an acknowledged fact that in a developing economy, government is always seen as the prime mover of the economy and this situation will remain so far a very long time to come in developing countries. According to Jaivaharial Wehru of India, the trend of events is to make the state more and more the organizer of constructive industry and not the private capitalist or any other person. The services provided by public utilities are essential for economic growth and development. It is obvious that no government can progress very fast without the requisite “social overhead” so called by economic growth theorists. Basically, the three types of social overhead capital necessary for economic growth which are of great interest to this writer are:
(a) Effective transportation
(b) Flexible and reliable power source
(c) Good communication
These three types of social over head capital are necessary conditions for economic growth the type of economic system not withstanding. Utility services are just as important in socialist system as in capitalist state. They are mandatory for a developed nation, under developed nation or emerging or developing nation and equally essential for a geographical region, state or city. The third factor which is mandatory for economic growth and development is the flexible and power source.
Every economic production depends solely on reliable power and unless this is available, it is impossible to plan and execute production and marketing process. It is also important for the power sources to be flexible. It is only possible to change the production process in response to market forces when energy can be added to or subtracted from as needed and flexibility of power may also be used in free production from a fixed location. Flexibility makes it possible for market demand to utilize competing sources of supply and to be from location factors. Without flexibility, mass production of products in factories would not be possible and there would be no need for dichotomy between industrial and non-industrial countries of the world. Without electricity man would be in darkness total darkness, incontinent darkness. It therefore goes without saying that in every country, there is a body charged with the responsibility of generating and distributing energy electricity. In Nigeria, the body charged with the sole responsibility of generating and supplying or distributing electricity to the consumers is the National Electric Power Authority (NEPA).
NEPA has in recent times meant so many things to different people in Nigeria. To some it connotes all elements of negativism while to others at connotes a stinking some that requires urgent surgical operation to enable it survive. With all these negative attributes to NEPA, whose fault is it? Is it NEPA’s fault or that of society? Or could there be something latent about NEPA’s incessant failures that earned it the name “Never Expect Power Always”? These are questions that cry for answer and unless their answers are provided, this research work may not be complete.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Many factors contribute to the problems militating against government parastatals one of the major factors militating against government parastatals is mismanagement of subventions from government by the managers of such government parastatals. Most of the managers in government parastatal are employed or appointed based purely on political consideration and on potential and capability. For instance a person that has no knowledge of management might be appointed to manage government parastatal because of political alignment and what do you expect him to do, non performance and abysmal failure. Another factor is that attitude of government officials towards government work. Some government officials in the parastatals see government work as an opportunity to cut the national cake and thereby fraudulently enrich themselves to the detriment of the parastatals. Again, the rigidity of the policies of government parastatals reduces their level of efficiency and effectiveness and creates room for bureaucracy, nepotism, bribery and corruption among the workers of government parastatals. The above factors no doubt lead to problem of inefficiency in the management of government parastatals.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The author has designed this research work with the following objectives in mind:
(i) To study and analyze the various sources and nature of finance available to NEPA as a government parastatals.
(ii) Analyze the factors that enhance or inhibit the spread of NEPA services throughout Nigeria including rural areas.
(iii) To find out the reasons for lack of devotion and commitment to wards work by staff
(iv) To find out the reasons for poor response of consumers in paying their electricity bill.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
a. What are the various sources of fund available in the parastatals and his adequacy?
b. What policies guide the employment of staff training and orientation in government parastatals?
c. What are the various devices used by government parastatals to monitor the activities of their staff and the measure of punishment meant to them?
d. Are the staff of parastatals given enough incentives to motivate them for maximum output?
e. How efficient and effective are government parastatals in decision and policy functions?
Ho: The financing of government parastatal has led to the effective and efficiency in the employment of staff.
Hi: The financing of government parastatal has not led to the effective and efficiency in the employment of staff.
Ho: The financing of government parastatal has reduced the burden of work on the individual workers.
Hi: The financing of government parastatal has not reduced the burden of work on the individual workers
1.6 LIMITATIONS AND DELIMITATION
It was a very difficult task to gather the materials sued for this research work. It took extra effort to source both primary and secondary source of material relevant to this research work. As can be seen, most of the material were got from secondary data consisting mainly of materials from NEPA’s publications, textbook, and magazine while primary sources was based on oral interviews.
1.7 CHAPTER ORGANISATION
This research work has been arranged unite and organized into five chapters for ease of reference. Chapter one introduces the reader to what the research work is all about with subdivisions as follows: Problems identification, statement of the objectives of the paper, formulated hypothesis of the study and limitations and delimitation.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria