Full Project-ANALYSIS OF FINANCIAL STATEMENTS AS AN AID TO MEANINGFUL INVEST DECISION MAKING(A CASE STUDY OF INVESTMENT FIRMS IN ENUGU STATE)
Decision making is not the core of every investment activity. A decision is a choice between two or more alternatives. The implementation of meaningful decision gives way for achievement of investment goals and objectives while implementation of wrong decision positively give rise to investment failure. The ultimate objectives for investment are profit maximization and growth thus it becomes necessary that capital decision have to be made and implemented so as to achieve the aforementioned objectives. For a meaningful decision that will be used in these objective for an investment to be made available, analysed and studied and through what is derived, decision is made and implemented wither for action, execution or corrective measures where necessary. One of the important information needed about investment is concerned with financial aspect and the record that contains the financial aspect of an investment is what is referred to as analysis of financial statement referred to as analysis of financial statement analysis.
According to financial statement analysis and interpretation for alert investors by C. Chinelo Ikoku, financial statement components are as follows:
1. The chairman board of directors report
2. The auditor’s report
3. Graphs and figures.
4. Table of accounting date.
Financial analysis via ratios hence it is sometimes referred to as ratio analysis or accounting ratios analysis interpreting investigation into financial statement. The ratios derived from financial statements are used in three different ways namely:
1. Structural analysis
2. Time series analysis
3. Gross sectional analysis. For investment executions, decision such as buy, certain or sell are necessary.
Equally, decision for evaluating management performance, as well as current and future level of risk and profitability is all important. Meaningful decision in all the above mentioned areas will help for a good choice among available portfolio of assets, dividend yield, total return as well as liquidity. In this project study, concentration will be based on such financial ratio as:
a. Profitability ratio
b. Liquidity ratio
c. Asset management ratio
d. Market value ratio
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE RESEARCH PROBLEMS
Many investors are know to have entered into investment ventures without property understanding such investment opportunity, thus making and implementing wrong decision thereby ending up in folding up when the going proved impossible. At times when the investment activities go on, the aim for such action not realized. Investment failures have equally been identified with poor management, which arises as a result of mobility of the management of such investment firms in making meaningful decisions required for such investment opportunity.
Many investment are carried out without emphasis laid on those investments that would generate profitable returns in the future, the risk involved and the benefits to be derived if embarked upon given the scare financial resources and the resultant effect of failure. Such set back is the life of an investor and in the case of investment firms, liquidation. All the above stated problem arises as a result of wrong decision making hence, this study will therefore, identify the means through which meaningful decision can be derived as to enhances the changes available for investment entities or firms through analyzing information concerning such investment opportunities.
1.2 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
Investment failures have been identified with poor managerial and investors decision approach, which arises as a result of poor knowledge about an investment as to help in making meaningful decisions for investment purpose and realization of goals.
This study intends to find out the following:
1. How analysis of financial statement can help in making meaningful decision, which will enhance investment structure and goal realization
2. To ascertain the different decision bench marks employed by investment
3. To demonstrate the interpretation of computed ratios.
Investment failure has been so pronounced in the recent times. In the process, capitals are lost and set backs experienced as a result of low return to stockholders and in some cases complete liquidation. In this study therefore, the researcher intends to find out how analysis of financial statements will aid in making meaningful decision that will enhance investment chances in realizing objectives to convert loss of capita and set backs experiences or total liquidation.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTION
The dimension that this research will cover will be based on the following questions, which will help in increasing an insight into the problems under investigation.
1. To investment failure arise from implementing wrong decision?
2. Does poor decision implementation cripple investment grail actualization?
3. Are decision derived from analyzing financial statements?
4. Does poor management arise from inability to evaluate or analyzed investment opportunities?
5. To what extent are decisions derived from financial statement relied?
6. To what extent is decision derived from analysis of financial statement used?
7. How does investment firms make their decision?
8. Do investment proposals require analysis or evaluation to be made on them?
1.4 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
1. HO: Using analysis of statement while making investment decision will not very significantly with the probability of the investment.
Hi: Using analysis of statement white making investment decision will vary significantly with the probability of the investment
2. HO: There is no significant relationship between investment decision and analysis of financial statements.
Hi: There is significant relationship between investment decision and analysis of financial statements.
3. HO: There is no significant relationship between investment decision and investment profitability.
Hi: There is significant relationship between investment decision and investment profitability
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
It is hope of the researcher that the findings and recommendations of this project work will be of great importance to many interested persons. The significance of the study will include the following.
a. It will serve useful purpose to investors, the importance of making meaningful investment decisions through analyzing financial statement of an investment at any point in time,.
b. To create in investors the awareness of the risk associated with a particular investment as it can be revealed through analysis of financial statements of such investment thus celling for proper decision making
c. Expose investors to the benefit derived in making meaningful decision among alternatives that will be of goal outcome for an investment
d. To expose investors to awareness on how the set backs and bitter experienced witnessed from investment failure can be totally eradicated through implementation of meaningful decision
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF STUDY
This research work will be conducted among selected investment firms in Enugu state. The localization of the study is informed by the financial constraints on the part of the researcher. The study has also been subjected to time constants because it was carried out single handedly by the researcher. Bureaucracy as practiced by the firms and dearth of relevant information constituted impediment and limitations in themselves.
1.7 OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
To enhance a proper understanding of this research work, the following technical terms have been defined.
There is a deliberate though process that leads to the taking of action. Decision making is used essential in execution of both long and short term plans. Relevant information for decision making must be expressed in forms of financial or quantitative analysis in order that a rational choice can be made.
This is records that contains financial reports of an investment or business entity.
It is ratio that can be calculated form an investment financial statements which enhance our understanding financial statements which enhance our understanding of investment financial performance and position
They measure the ability of the firm to meet its obligations as they become due. The liquidity ratios by establishing a relationship between cash and other current assets to current obligations provide a quick measure of liquidity. An excess liquidity will result in bad credit raking and loss of confidence by creditors.
This is computed by dividing current assets by current liabilities current assets include cash marketable securities, accounts receivables and inventories. Current liability consist of accounts payable, notes payable, accrued income and taxes short-term loans etc.
Leverage ratios measure the funds supplied by the owners of the business as compared to the finance provided by the firms creditors. As a general rule, there should be an appropriated mix of debt and equity in financing the firm’s assets. From the creditor’s point of view, a higher incidence of owner financing is desirable because investors look to firms equity stock for security in the event of liquidation. On the part of the owners of the firm, a higher incidence of creditor financing is desirable. If borrowed funds can be used by the business to generate earnings in excess of interest charges on those funds, then borrowing has benefited the owners.
Leverage is approached in two ways. One approach examines balance sheet ratios and determines the extent to which borrowed funds have been used to finance the firm. The other measures the risk of debt by income statement ratios designed to determine the number of time fixed charges are covered by operating profits. Firms with low leverage ratios have less risk of loss when the economy is in a down turn, but they have lower expected returns when the economy booms. Conversely, firms with high leverage ratios run the risk of large losses but also have a chance gaining high profit.
TOTAL DEBT TO TOTAL EQUITY
This is a measure of the relative claims of creditors and owners against the firms assets. The ratio considers both current liabilities and non current liabilities in the numerator. The stake of the owners in the business vis-à-vis that of creditors must take control of the business with high sense of responsibility.
TIME INTEREST EARNED RATIO
It measures the degree to which earnings can decline without resultant financial problem to the firm because of its inability to meet interest cost.
These ratios are employed to evaluate the efficiency with which the firm manages and utilizes its assets. The activity ratios involve a relationship between sales and various assets. A proper balance between sales and assets generally reflects that assets are managed very efficiently.
TOTAL ASSETS TURNOVER
It measures the capacity with which total assets are utilized to generate the firms turnover. It is calculated by dividing sales by total assets
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria