Full Project – Web-based transcript generating system
Student’s transcript is the summary of each of the two-year performance either in Universities, Polytechnic, National Diploma (ND) or Higher National Diploma (HND). A transcript is also demanded by a student who has finished B.Sc, Master, ND/HND and wishes to transfer to another institution, it is not given directly to a student hand in hand rather it is sent to the school that the student wishes to transfer through the school courier. A student transcript is prepared by the scores entered on the designed score sheet submitted by the individual subject lectures on each semester examinations.
To facilitate processing of student’s transcript, it is desirable to make the process of issuing, sending, receiving and verifying grade reports either completely or partly automatic. This could be done by computerizing the procedure as has already been done for many undergraduates admission applications. However, there are important considerations that need to be taken into account, some of those issues include security, or making sure that records are authentic, convenience for students, storage or ensuring that records are not lost. This paper discusses a design of such a system. Design goals of this system are as follows, decrease the amount of paperwork for schools, facilitate the generation of this transcript, and ensure that other people’s grades are not used and also considering the facts that students transcript are not given directly to the students. This project will go a long way in automating the sending of these transcript to the desired schools.
The Exams and Records unit in Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike, is under the office of the Registrar that is charged with many responsibilities such as the conduct of all examinations in the school, the unit also performs other essential functions such as reproduction of examination answer scripts, supply of examination material, processing of results for the Registrar and Rector’s approval etc. Also, the unit is responsible for the safekeeping of student’s examination records, responsible for issuing statement of result for the purpose of N.Y.S.C, scholarship approval and other official request on student academic performance and ensuring prompt issuance of transcript upon request. Above all high attention is placed on accuracy of information that emanates from the Unit thus, the unit is headed by administrators of proven tracks records.
It is an established fact that after every assessment, examination and research work, a result must be obtained in every academic environment there is need to have results to be aware of the student’s performance in order to generate the student’s transcript whenever the need arises. To achieve this hereby the Exams and Records Unit, it involves the registration courses, student’s personal data, examination score, records updating and so on. The problem being face by the Unit now is to carry out this activity presently on system automatically knowing that these generation of transcripts and forwarding are performed manually. (Martin:H, 2004).
The problems identified to be solved by this project include the following:
- The safety of students records located on the server.
- The location of administrator passwords in the script file easily accessible via the website.
- Easy access and for available of student transcript on demand.
- Building a bridge between Lecturers and the students
- Misplacement of students Records
- Delay in sorting out particular student’s Files
The aims and objectives of this project work are as follows:
- This system should be able to automate the generation and delivery of the transcripts.
- To place a safety mechanism in the Student Result Processing System and separate the front end from the back end.
- It will ensure high level quality service development of the management which will ensure that students are not subjected to undue suffering in collection of their transcript or clearance prior to the deployment for youth service.
- It is use to reduced or solve the vulnerability of students results processing in the system
- It is use to maintain a free flow of students, staffs details or information in a sequential or computerised pattern.
These research works are limited to providing digital transcript in Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike that will handle electronically student’s record, to enable easy delivery and accessibility in the institution. It covers the registration of courses and computation of student’s examination score in order to process their results and generate their transcripts.
The project research, haven identify the problem that was existing in the present system of operation, is designed specifically to come up with a more resound and effective system that will not only counteract this problem but also provides a detailed future plan that will give room for more information technological Improvement in the transcript sector, enhance speedy of the transcript preparation making descending online or automated through the school email, increase in deficiency and eliminate errors due to manual processing.
- Transcript: –This can be defined as a copy of a student’s permanent academic record, which usually means all courses taken, all grades obtained and award given.
- Automate: – To replace human labour with machine such as computer system.
- Courier: – A person who delivers a message.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Full Project – Web-based transcript generating system