Full Project-USE OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY IN TEACHING OF VOCATIONAL SUBJECTS IN BORI POLYTECHNIC.
Click here to Get this Complete Project Chapter 1-5
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
It is a fact to state that, an effective human resources development is a function of the application of methods of teaching, alternative channels of communication, educational resources and expertise of utilizing these resources by the instructors or the lecturer. It is on the above premise that this project is situated. To generate a desirable change in the learner, good teaching must take place and to bring about good teaching, teacher should be able to convey their message in the simplest, most convincing and practical way to the learner through the use of resources available to the education industry. These resources are properly utilized, underutilized or over utilized. These trends portend confusion for the educational system. If actually the education industry is the pivot for achieving genuine national development and the instrument par excellence for achieving same, then the available educational resources should be properly utilized to bring about better educational goals. This may point to the fact that resources in the education industry are not properly used (Ebong 2006: Maduagwu 2004; and Maduagwu and Nworgu, 2006).
Information and Communication Technology is the use of computers and telecommunications to create manipulate and distribute enlightenment and entertainment. Information and Communication Technology has penetrated to the core of our professional lives. The term Information and Communication Technology (ICT) refers to technologies that provide access to information through telecommunications. Although similar to Information Technology but focuses primarily on communication Technologies which includes internet, wireless mediums. For example people can communicate in real time with others in different countries using technologies such as instant messaging, voice over IP (VOIP), video-conferencing, social networking websites like facebook allows users from all over the world remain in contact and communicate on a regular basis.
Information and Communication Technology according to Adegboye and Oludele (2009) was defined as an umbrella term that includes at technologies usable for the manipulation and communication of information. However, in the common usages it is often assumed that Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is synonymous with Information Technology (IT). According to Information Technology Association of America (ITAA), information technology is seen as the study, design, development, implementation, support or management of computer –based information. Systems particularly software application and computer hardware it deals with the use of electronic computers and computer software to convert, store, protect, process, transmit and securely retrieve information it can also be describes as a general term that describes any technology that helps to producing manipulate, store, communicate, and disseminate information.
The United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and the International Labour Organization (ILO) recommendations of 2002 on technical and vocational education and training for twenty-first Century, define the “technical and vocational education” as a comprehensive term referring to those aspects of the educational process involving, in addition to general education, the study of technologies and related sciences, and the acquisition of practical skills, attitudes, understanding and knowledge relating to occupations in various sectors of economic and social life. Technical and Vocational Education (TVE) is concerned with the preparation of learners for employment, through the provision of knowledge, skills and attitudes desirable in the world of work. Technical and vocational education is further understood to be:
– an integral part of general education;
– a means of preparing for occupational fields and for effective participation in the world of work;
– an aspect of lifelong learning and a preparation for responsible citizenship;
– an instrument for promoting environmentally sound sustainable development;
– a method of facilitating poverty alleviation (UNESCO and ILO, 2002).
Technical and vocational education can be formal, informal, continuing or life-long learning, in-service training with various ranges of providers: public, semi-public and private institutions. Technical and vocational education has an orientation towards the world of work and the emphasis of the curriculum on the acquisition of employable skills. Its delivery systems are therefore well placed to train the skilled and entrepreneurial workforce that nation needs to create wealth and emerge out of poverty. Due to the dynamic levels of its training delivery, it can respond to the different training needs of learners from different socio-economic and academic backgrounds, and prepare them for gainful employment and sustainable livelihoods. The needs for Technical and vocational education around the world are enormous because of the changes occurring in the world of work, which have implications on the structure of appropriate courses in Technical and vocational education. It is therefore essential for every government be it local, state, or federal to be deeply aware of the importance of human resources development (HRD) and makes great efforts to develop technical and vocational education. For education to reap the full benefits of ICTs in learning, and effectively accomplish the aforementioned goals of technical and vocational education, nation’s educational system needs to develop strategies and plans to enhance the teaching-learning process through the use of new tools for learning.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
There are a number of questions about the ICT acceptance and usage among teachers and students from special education which emerge problem in special education program and effect the enrollment of the students. The utilize of the ICT in school will develop highly confident upon effort Special Education School to society expectation in educating special students. Therefore, a study in Technical and Vocational Special Education School should be conducted for the purpose of surveying ICT and usage in the teaching and learning process among teachers and students. The focus of the study is to identify the level of ICT acceptance and usage in teaching process among the special education program teachers and the level of ICT acceptance and usage in learning process among the special education program students.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study is to examine the use of information and communication technology in teaching of vocational subjects in Bori Polytechnic. The objectives of the study are as follows
(i) To examine the impact of Information Communication Technology in teaching of vocational subjects.
(ii) To examine how information communication equipment contributes to the teaching of vocational subject.
(iii)To examine the challenges of using Information Communication Technology in teaching of vocational subject.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The research questions of the study are:
(i) How does the impact Information Communication Technology enhances of vocational subject?
(ii) How does Information Communication Technology equipments influence teaching of vocational subjects?
(iii) What are the challenges of using Information Communication Technology in teaching of vocational subjects?
1. There is no significant difference between Information Communication Technology and teaching of vocational subject.
2. There is no significant difference between the use of projector and teaching of vocational subject
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study will offer useful ideas to existing knowledge on the subject matters. It would be of help to the students as well as Teachers in their daily pursuance of the duties particularly those presenting seminar workshop and symposium papers. It will reveal the influence it has in the developing of information and communication technology centers the ways and how they are been managed. This study will be useful to both private and public sectors on how to improve on the information and communication technology in the day to day usage in the enhancement of the teaching of Vocational Subjects in Bori Polytechnic.
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The researcher is expected to cover polytechnic in Rivers State and it metropolis but for time and other factors into consideration. This study has been significantly limited in scope to Bori Polytechnic.
1.8 Operational Definition of Terms
E-learning: Is an educational resource that helps in effective teaching and learning process created through combining e-digital content with local community and tutor support along with global community engagement.
Communication: This is the process of transmitting information, ideas and attitudes from one person to another.
Information and Communication Technology (ICT): It means a general term that describes any technology that help produce, manipulate and communicate information.
Email: It means electronic mail, which is transmission of message between computers via a network.
Internet: It can be defined as interconnection of computer network that enabled the computers and their program to communicate directly.
Computer: Electronic device that work under the control of the stored program, automatically accepting and processing data to produce information which is the result of the processing.
Academic Achievement: Mode of achieving the best in academic environment.
Effects: This is the impact or result of one thing on the other.
Click here to Get this Complete Project Chapter 1-5
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
Click here to Get this Complete Project Chapter 1-5
You can also check other Research Project here:
1, Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria