Full Project – THE ROLE OF PARENTS IN THE CAREER DEVELOPMENT OF THE CHILD
THE ROLE OF PARENTS IN THE CAREER DEVELOPMENT OF THE CHILD
The purpose of this research work is to examine the role of parents in the career development of the child. The research was carried out based on three research questions formulated by the researcher. The researcher then used questionnaire which was evenly distributed between five (5) primary schools in Ikpoba Okha Local Government Area of Edo State to elicit the views of various respondents. The data collected was tabulated and analyzed appropriately with the use of simple percentage method of data analysis and at the end it was discovered that parents really do not have a specific to play in the career development of the child since the role of parents would vary from time to time depending on the child’s decision to accept assistance or not. In this regards, all the parents needs to do is to be the child’s career counselor.
TABLE OF CONTENT
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
Background to study
Statement of problems
Purpose of study
Significance of study
Scope of study
Limitation of study
Definition of terms
CHAPTER THREE: METHODOLOGY
Population and sample
Instrument for collecting data
Validation of data
Reliability of the instrument
Method of data collection
Data analysis techniques
Analysis of data
Summary, findings, recommendations and conclusions
BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
According to the Oxford Advanced Learners dictionary (7th edition) career is the period of time that you spend in your life working or doing a particular thing while on the other hand development is the gradual growth of something so that it becomes more advanced, stronger etc. from the concept of the definition of both career and development, one would be quick to conclude that career development is the change, growth or improvement over a period of time in a job that someone spends most of his or her life working at. In order to achieve a successful career development process, it is important that the child’s personality or point of interest comes to congruence, with the chosen career, that is why Holland (1959) said, career development congruence, the most extensively studied topic in career development is how well an individual’s interest match with their career goals. In Holland’s theory, congruence is the agreement between an individual’s personality (i.e. their level of interest in either realistic, investigative, social, conventional, enterprising or artistic realms) and their occupational goals. Holland went further to say that when an individual’s personality is congruent with their occupational goal, there is little or nothing that can be done to influence their career choice and if otherwise, this might lead to lack of dedication in execution of career duty.
Another factor that can also contribute to the successful career development process in the child is the parent. Parents are the single most influential factors in the career development of their children, yet most parents are not adequately informed about how to help. Parents need to know how to use career information, how to assist in exploration, how to support development of interests and abilities and how to challenge the stereotypes facing their children.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
It has been seen that many parents across the strata of the society form the habit of choosing career for their children and from close observation, it was observed that the level of performance, dedication and seriousness to work of some of those people who had their career chosen for them by their parents deteriorates by the day and as such ends up in a dismal state. If not properly addressed, the problem of ending in the wrong profession may lead to lack of fulfillment in life, non-achievement of personal futuristic goals and sometimes underachievement in career life. It is against this backdrop that the researcher intends to examine the role of parents in the career development of the child.
In order to guide this study, the following research questions will be considered.
- How does the relationship between the parents and the children determine the role of parents in the career development of the child?
- How does the psychology of the parents determine the role parents play in their child’s career development?
- How does the educational background of the parents determine the role they play in their child’s career development?
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study is to examine in details the role of parents in the career development of the child, how parents can assist their children in career development. This study will also help parents to understand how to help the child create many opportunities for experimentation and how to help the child to tear down artificial limits or barriers to career development.
BASIC ASSUMPTION OF THE STUDY
During the cause of thorough research on the role of parents in the career development of the child, the following assumptions were made;
- Most parents who choose career for their children or ward actually do so to suit their selfish interest.
- Some parents choose career for their children based on the financial acquaintance of the career.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study covered five primary schools in Ikpoba Okha Local Government Area and it examines how the relationship between parents and children, the psychology of the parents and the educational background of the parents determines the role they play in their child’s career development process.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Guardian: Somebody who is legally entrusted with the duty of managing somebody else affairs, especially a minor.
Examine: To inspect or study somebody or something in details
Experimentation: Process of doing something new in order to see what happens.
Barriers: Structures that prevent access or keeps one place separate from another
Relationship: Behaviour or feeling towards somebody else
Psychology: characteristics mental make up
Journal: A magazine or periodical published by a specialist containing contributions relevant to their area of activity.
Congruence: Appropriate in a particular situation.
Strata: A class in a society
Dedication: The hard work or effort that somebody puts into an activity because they think it is important.
Deteriorate: To become worse
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Project Topics
- Actuarial Science
- Adult Education Project Topics
- African Languages And Linguistics Studies
- Agricultural Economics And Extension
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Health Science
- Arts Education
- Banking & Finance
- Banking and Finance
- Basic Science
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Research Project
- Botany Research project Topics
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Business Plan
- Chemical Engineering Project Topics
- Civil Engineering Project Topics
- Climate Change Project
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science
- Computer Science Topics
- Criminology Research Project
- Degree Project Topics
- Dissertation-Theses Writing Services (MBA MSc PhD)
- Dissertations/Theses Writing Services
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Topics and Material
- Economics Project Topics
- Edu 1
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- Educational Technology
- Engineering Research Project Topics
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Fine Art
- Fishery Project Topics
- Food Science And Technology
- Free Essay
- French Research Project Material
- Full Project
- Full Project Topics
- Geography Research Project Material
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Home Economics Project
- Hospitality Management
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Human Resource Management Project
- Industrial Relations & Personnel Management Project Topics
- Insurance Research Project
- International Relations
- Library Science
- Life Matter
- Linguistics and Communication Project Topics
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project
- Mass Communication
- Master Dissertation Thesis
- Mathematics Education
- MBA MSc BSc Thesis/Dissertation Project Topics
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Mental Health Project Topics
- Operation and Production Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Organizational Behaviour Research Project Writer
- Pol 1
- Pol 2
- Political Science
- Private Policy
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Topic
- Quantity Surveying
- Research Project
- Research Project Topic
- Secretarial Administration
- Sickle Cell Research Project Topics
- Statistics Project Topics
- Transportation Management
- Vocational Education Project Topics
Full Project – THE ROLE OF PARENTS IN THE CAREER DEVELOPMENT OF THE CHILD