Full Project – THE ROLE OF PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of problem
1.3 Objective of the study
1.4 Research Hypotheses
1.5 Significance of the study
1.6 Scope and limitation of the study
1.7 Definition of terms
1.8 Organization of the study
3.1 Research methodology
3.2 sources of data collection
3.3 Population of the study
3.4 Sampling and sampling distribution
3.5 Validation of research instrument
3.6 Method of data analysis
DATA PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION
4.2 Data analysis
This study is on The Role of Parental Involvement in Early Childhood Education. The total population for the study is 200 residents in Kwala area council, Abuja. The researcher used questionnaires as the instrument for the data collection. Descriptive Survey research design was adopted for this study. A total of 133 respondents made up civil servants, married women,married men and students was used for the study. The data collected were presented in tables and analyzed using simple percentages and frequencies
- Background of the study
Early childhood education is the foundation a child requires in his or her educational pursuit. The quality of early childhood education a child gets would determine his performance in secondary school as well as tertiary level. It will equally affect his or her life after school. As such the importance of early childhood education cannot be overemphasis. It is in this regard that Malotyre and Clarkj (1996) opined that the attitude of parent determine the quality of education their children or wards receive in primary school. The positive attitude of parent have a positive impact on their children performance and aspiration, help in raising knowledge and increasing understanding and facilitate academic progress through the involvement of parents in their children academic activities. On the other hand negative attitude of parent towards their children education have a negative effect on their academic progress leading to poor academic performance and consequently the withdrawal of such children from school. This makes such children take to street and become menace to the society later in life. However, Obodochi (2003) opined that most parent in the rural areas of Nigeria are careless about the early childhood education of their children as such put up negative attitude towards their children’s education at level. This is so because most rural dwellers in Nigeria are more interested in achieving short term immediate development of their children as such prefer sending their children to learn vocational trade or assist them in farm work but parent in urban areas have a positive attitude to education of their children and wards owing to their perception about education and the value they attach to education and its effect on the future of their children.It is in this regard that Wilkinson (1997) states that the perception of the value of education to a large extent determines the attitude of parent towards their children in Kwali Area Council Abuja.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Early childhood education is the foundation of education and is very vital to a child’s educational development Okoh (2005). But in spite of the importance of early childhood education to children’s educational development, the attitude of parents towards their children education in unsatisfactory and remains a big impediment to early childhood education in the area understudy. This is evident in the high rate of street hawking by children of primary school age and enrolment in vocational trade during school hours. This is attributed to myriad of vague problems ranging from poverty to cultural and religious constraints as well as parents lot of faith in Western educational sequel to the declining standard of education and the high rate of unemployed graduate combing the street in search of jobs endlessly. Hence the attitude of most parents towards the education of their children becomes questionable. It is against this, that the subject matter: Attitude of parents towards the early childhood education of their children is seen as a problem worthy of being study. As such the search light is on Kwali Area Council Abuja
- OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The central objective of the study is to examine the attitude of parents towards the early childhood education of their children in Kwali Area Council Abuja. The specific objectives are:
- To find out the perception of parent about the value of early childhood education on their children educational development in Kwali Area Council.
- To evaluate parents involvement in their children academic work in Kwali Area Council.
- To determine whether the declining standard of early childhood education affect parent attitude towards their children education.
- To identify that parental attitude that is militating against early childhood education in Kwali Area Council.
To make recommendation for practice, policy and future research on the subject matter.
- RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
For the successful completion of the study, the following research hypotheses were formulated by the researcher;
H0: the declining standard of early childhood education do not affect parent attitude towards their children education.
H1:the declining standard of early childhood education affect parent attitude towards their children education.
H02:parental attitude do not militating against early childhood education in Kwali Area Council
H2:parental attitude militating against early childhood education in Kwali Area Council
- SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of a study of this magnitude cannot be overemphasized. Parents, local government education department, state and federal ministries of education involved in policy formulation and implementation, would find this study really useful especially as they utilize the findings of the study. The study will equally add to the existing body of knowledge on the subject matter. Students undergoing research work similar to the present study who may wish to use this work as a reference material or a spring board for their own work will find this work really useful.
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The study covers the empirical examination of the attitude of parents towards the early childhood education of their children in Kwali Area Council. A case study of selected nursery schools. The study equally covers the perception of parent about the value of early childhood education as well as their involvement in their children academic work. The study also seek to find out whether the declining standard of education has any effect on the attitude of parent toward their children early childhood education as well as those parental attitude that militate against early childhood education in Kwali Area Council Abuja. The researcher encounters some constrain which limited the scope of the study;
- a) AVAILABILITY OF RESEARCH MATERIAL: The research material available to the researcher is insufficient, thereby limiting the study
- b) TIME: The time frame allocated to the study does not enhance wider coverage as the researcher has to combine other academic activities and examinations with the study.
- c) Organizational privacy: Limited Access to the selected auditing firm makes it difficult to get all the necessary and required information concerning the activities
- NDEFINITION OF TERMS
All the terms will be defined as they were used in the context of this research.
- Parental Attitude:The way parent behaves toward their children primary school.
- Parents:This refers to a father, mother or guardian responsibility for the educational training of wards or their children in primary school.
- Early childhood education:A preschool, also known as nursery school, pre-primary school, or play school or creche, is an educational establishment or learning space offering early childhood education to children before they begin compulsory education at primary school.
- School Management:This is an act of getting things done through teachers or the day to day running and administration of primary school.
- Educational Policy:This is the statement of government on education.
- Educational leadership:This is the process of formulating and implementing educational polices in nursery schools.
Head teacher: A teacher who is in charge of primary school
1.8 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows
Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), historical background, statement of problem, objectives of the study, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope and limitation of the study, definition of terms and historical background of the study. Chapter two highlights the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature. Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study. Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding. Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Full Project – THE ROLE OF PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION