Full Project – The role of leadership in the achievement of organizational goals
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Leadership is the process of influencing group activities towards goal achievement. It can also be defined as a process of influence on a group in a particular situation in a given point in time and in a specific set of circumstance that stimulates people to strive willingly to attain organizational objectives.
These definition goes to mean that the leaders influences actions, behaviour, beliefs and feelings of his subordinates in a social system with the willing cooperation of the subordinate. Many organizations are nations drifting because of poor leadership. It happened once in continental Tyre and Rubbie Company Limited Britain in 1937 when Macura Graham emerged as the Managing Director with his arrogance, pride, inability to communicate and influence the employees. workers, a company known for its strong financial base, high turnover and high profit margin with quality personnel’s started loosing ground because the workers lacked confidence on Macura as a result of his poor leadership pattern and at the end, the company got liquidated. This is the outcome of poor leadership on organization goal attainment.
As said earlier, many organizations and nations are drifting because of leadership, this is while organization pump in millions of Naira per year on leadership training of managers and executives.
Therefore, leadership is the most powerful force entrusted to man, with it, the soldier from Cordica took a bankrupt and war defeated France and defeated the most powerful nation on earth dominating Europe during his time. With it, (leadership) a humble lawyer from India with act firing a shot, without holding a political office or military position, broke the strength and will of the greatest empire in the world and gave birth to a nation.
It is on this note that the success of an organization. This is how the leaders is able to maximize the use of materials and human resources available to him. Sequel to the foregoing, the study seeks to examine the role of leadership in the achievement of organizational goals.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Many organizations and nation are drifting because of poor leadership. This is why organizations pump in millions of Naira per year into leadership training of managers and executives. Given the foregoing, the problems associated with poor leadership in an organization are stated with poor leadership in an organization are stated below:
- Poor leadership leads to non- attainment of organizations objectives.
- Group interaction facilitation is not achieved when the right calibre of leadership is lacking.
- The concept of poor leadership gives negative impact in the maintenance of membership in the organization.
- There is also low productivity and loss of morale when the organization experiences poor leadership style.
- it reduces the profit margin of the organization loss of market share, high rate of labour turnover and increase cost of production.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of the study among other things include the following:
- To measure the extent to which poor leadership hinder organizational goals.
- To ascertain the specific damages poor leadership can cause in an organization.
- To identify the various motivational tools employed by leaders in order to motivate the employees.
- To examine the effect of not communicating effectively by the leaders to their subordinates.
- To identify other problems of not having effective leaders in an organization.
- To identify what characteristics a group or individual look up to in a leader.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
- Do poor leadership role hinder the attainment of organizational goals?
- What are the specific damages that can result to poor leadership in an organization?
- What motivational tools can a leader use in motivating the employees in an organization?
- What effect does ineffective communication cause to subordinate performance?
- What are the problems of not having effective leaders in an organization?
- What are the characteristics expected of a leader in an organization?
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
H0: There is no significant relationship between the level of leadership performance and the achievement of organizational goals.
H1: There is significant relationship between the level of leadership performance and the achievement of organizational goals.
H0: Effective leadership communication does not facilitate subordinate and group interaction in an organization.
H1: Effective leadership communication facilitates subordinate and group interaction in an organization.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Good leadership contributes to the achievement of organizational goals. In bid to the foregoing the study is significance in a number of ways.
For the researcher, ir has expanded the knowledge of the researcher thereby exposing her to further studies pertaining the subject matters,. It has widened her level of knowledge. The recommendations offered if strictly adhered by the practicing managers and leaders will go a long way to better the lot of their organization.
To the government and other complex institutions, the study will make them know that leadership is a panacea for all the down trodden experienced before. With effective leadership in position, the recommendations offered, if strictly adhered to by the practicing managers and leaders will go a long way to better a lot of their organization. With effective leadership in position, the objective of the government as in protecting lives and properties will be ensured.
Furthermore, the research will be of immense value to future student researchers conducting their studies on leadership especially in the literature review section.
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The impact of leadership in the achievement of organizational goals is extensive topic which will require a comprehensive research to enable an individual find out all the details and complexities involved in it for this reason, the scope of this work becomes Star Paper Mills and Rokana Industries Aba, Abia State.
1.8 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
The researcher encountered some difficulties during the course of the study.
There was the problem of uncooperative attitude of the directors in answering questions.
The researcher had to interpret and fill the questionnaire for the citizens who were uncooperative.
The study was seriously hampered with time factor as a result of the examination processes in school. Also money was needed to finance the whole project which involves travelling etc.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Leadership: This is the process of providing direction in group activities and influencing others to achieve group objectives.
Goals: This is the target which has been set by the organization in the course of operations to be achieved.
Organization: It is defined as a system of cooperation. It can also define as establishment or corporate entity.
Influence: It is a behaviour of a manager or a leader to alter the attitude of a person or subordinate.
Human Resources Management: This aspect of management that is concern with all aspect of managing the human resources of an organization.
Motivation: The drive to act, to move, attain a goal or goals.
Performance Appraisal: it is the review of the performance of individuals within a set period.
Management: Is the process of pulling together the effort of people in an organization in other to achieve an organizational goal.
Leader: A leader is a person who influences people to perform a particular task at any given time.
Drive: This refers to the inner motivation that leaders have to pursue their target goals.
Training: Is a way of enabling somebody or a worker to acquire a skill to enable him poor her perform a particular job effectively.
Objective: Is a process of trying to achieve something.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Project Topics
- Actuarial Science
- Adult Education Project Topics
- African Languages And Linguistics Studies
- Agricultural Economics And Extension
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Health Science
- Arts Education
- Banking & Finance
- Banking and Finance
- Basic Science
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Research Project
- Botany Research project Topics
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Business Plan
- Chemical Engineering Project Topics
- Civil Engineering Project Topics
- Climate Change Project
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science
- Computer Science Topics
- Criminology Research Project
- Degree Project Topics
- Dissertation-Theses Writing Services (MBA MSc PhD)
- Dissertations/Theses Writing Services
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Topics and Material
- Economics Project Topics
- Edu 1
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- Educational Technology
- Engineering Research Project Topics
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Fine Art
- Fishery Project Topics
- Food Science And Technology
- Free Essay
- French Research Project Material
- Full Project
- Full Project Topics
- Geography Research Project Material
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Home Economics Project
- Hospitality Management
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Human Resource Management Project
- Industrial Relations & Personnel Management Project Topics
- Insurance Research Project
- International Relations
- Library Science
- Life Matter
- Linguistics and Communication Project Topics
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project
- Mass Communication
- Master Dissertation Thesis
- Mathematics Education
- MBA MSc BSc Thesis/Dissertation Project Topics
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Mental Health Project Topics
- Operation and Production Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Organizational Behaviour Research Project Writer
- Pol 1
- Pol 2
- Political Science
- Private Policy
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Topic
- Quantity Surveying
- Research Project
- Research Project Topic
- Secretarial Administration
- Sickle Cell Research Project Topics
- Statistics Project Topics
- Transportation Management
- Vocational Education Project Topics
Full Project – The role of leadership in the achievement of organizational goals