Full Project – The role of communication on the attainment of organization goals
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
The history of communication dates back to the earliest signs of care men, when they used symbols, paintings, and writings to communicate with one another communication can range from very subtle process of exchange to full conversations and mass communication.
Human communication was revolutionized with speech perhaps 200,000 years ago symbols were developed about 30, 000 years ago and writing about 7, 000 years, communication can be defined in the following was: as the process of conveying information from a sender to a receiver with the use of a medium in which the communicated information is understood the same way by both sender and receiver.
It can be defined in the context of an organization as the process of transmitting information ideas, ideas, thoughts, opinions and plans between various parts of an organization.
The impact of communication is an organization cannot be discussed without to trace back to the historical background of organizational communication. The field traces its lineage through business information business communication and early mass communication studies published in the 1930’s, until then organizational communication as a discipline consisted of a few professor within speech department who had particular interest in speaking and writing in business settings.
Several seminar publications standout as works broadening the scope and recognizing the importance of communication in the organizing process and using the term “organizational communication”. Nobel Laureate Herbert Simon wrote in 1947 about “organization essential to organizations.
In the 1950’s organizational communication largely on the role of communication in improving organizational life and organizational output the 1980’s the field turned away from a business concerned more with the constitute role of communication in organizing.
After some experiments that were conducted by some scholars it was concluded that the structure of communication within an organization will have a significant influence on the accuracy of discussion the speed with which they can be reached and the satisfaction of the people involved.
In an organization such as Simmy industries Nig Ltd the modes of communication approach are formal and informal. Informational communication generally is associated with interpersonal horizontal communication, this form or communication was primarily seen as a potential hindrance to effective organizational performance but this is no longer the case as informal communication has become more important to ensuring the effective conduct of work in modern organization.
Formal communication which is also known as downward communication is used by the top levels management to communicate to the lower level. This is used to important policies guidelines etc.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Organization cannot effectively operate without communication. Communication which is one of the life sources of an organization is very necessary in an organization because without it people cannot interact with each other. For example if the employees in an organization would not know the organizations objectives, they would not strive to achieve the organization’s objectives. The following would also ensure as a result of problems in the communication structure of an organization.
- The manger would not be able to inform employed of changes.
- The managers would not be able to train their worker reports so the worker not poses the skill they need to carry out their jobs.
- The employee in the organization would not know what their roles and responsibilities were so they would not be able to carry out their daily tasks and duties
- There would be dissatisfied customer’s at a result of poor customer’s service
- The organization would not be aware of their computers activities.
1.3 PURPOSE / OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
This research is aimed at helping the organization know of the importance of effective communication or the impact of communication on organization goal attainment.
In the context of this study the objectives of this study would include the following:
- It helps the organization creates a mutual understanding environment between the management and employees
- To know if the management of the organization employees understand the term “the impact of communication
- To know its contribution to the overall performance of the organization
- To know the barriers or impediments to communication in Simmy industries Nig. Ltd
- To suggest possible solutions to this problems
Other organization would also see the benefits of this study and hence will make them appreciate the impact of communication in an organization its benefits.
Finally, this study would serve as a frame of reference for students and researchers of related fields who may conduct similar enquires into this topic.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
- Is communication in an organization a necessary instrument for organizational goal attainment
- Are the communication modes and principles clearly understood and implemented by the management of Simmy industries nig Ltd Anambra State.
- Can effective communication exist in every organization
- Is communication the backbone in an organization
- Are communication modes and principle whole somely applied or implemented in Simmy industries Nigeria Plc Anambra State.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The significance of the research study is as follows:
- It provides realistic solutions to the problems or impediments to the development of communication skills in Simmy industries Nig. Ltd Anambra State.
- It exposes the numerous problems or impediments to the development of communication skills in an organization.
- It exposes the level of communication in an organization
- Since the study exposes the level of communication development in Simmy industries Nig Ltd other organization are challenged.
- It will serve as a guide to further research study
- It can be used as a comparison with other organization
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study “the impact of communication on organization goal attainment” in which Simmy industries tries Nig. Ltd Anambra State is a case study area such as communication historical background measuring of communication, principles, introduction development of communication skills in Simmy industries Nig Ltd, types / modes of communication in an organization (Simmy industries Nig Ltd Anambra state impediments or barrier to communication in Simmy industries Nigeria Ltd, possible solutions to the barriers .
1.7 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
The following are some of the factor that stands against the completion of this study they include:
- Time factor
- Financial limitation
- Distance between the researcher and the place of case study (Simmy industries Nig. Ltd Anambra State)
- Lackadavical attitude of some respondents
- Education level of some employee in Simmy industries Nig. Ltd Anambra State.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Some of the terms used in this work are listed and defined below:
- Attainment: To succeed in accomplishing an aim
- Barrier: An obstacle that prevents communication, movement or access.
- Communication: The process of conveying information from a sender to a receiver with the use of a medium in which the communicated information is clearly understand the same way by both sender and receiver.
- Developments: This is the growth of something so that it becomes advances and stronger
- Effective: Producing a desired or intended result
- Impact: A marked effect or influence
- Impediments: Those things that cause hindrance or obstruction.
- Organization: An organized group of people with a particular purpose such as business.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Project Topics
- Actuarial Science
- Adult Education Project Topics
- African Languages And Linguistics Studies
- Agricultural Economics And Extension
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Health Science
- Arts Education
- Banking & Finance
- Banking and Finance
- Basic Science
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Research Project
- Botany Research project Topics
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Business Plan
- Chemical Engineering Project Topics
- Civil Engineering Project Topics
- Climate Change Project
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science
- Computer Science Topics
- Criminology Research Project
- Degree Project Topics
- Dissertation-Theses Writing Services (MBA MSc PhD)
- Dissertations/Theses Writing Services
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Topics and Material
- Economics Project Topics
- Edu 1
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- Educational Technology
- Engineering Research Project Topics
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Fine Art
- Fishery Project Topics
- Food Science And Technology
- Free Essay
- French Research Project Material
- Full Project
- Full Project Topics
- Geography Research Project Material
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Home Economics Project
- Hospitality Management
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Human Resource Management Project
- Industrial Relations & Personnel Management Project Topics
- Insurance Research Project
- International Relations
- Library Science
- Life Matter
- Linguistics and Communication Project Topics
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project
- Mass Communication
- Master Dissertation Thesis
- Mathematics Education
- MBA MSc BSc Thesis/Dissertation Project Topics
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Mental Health Project Topics
- Operation and Production Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Organizational Behaviour Research Project Writer
- Pol 1
- Pol 2
- Political Science
- Private Policy
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Topic
- Quantity Surveying
- Research Project
- Research Project Topic
- Secretarial Administration
- Sickle Cell Research Project Topics
- Statistics Project Topics
- Transportation Management
- Vocational Education Project Topics
Full Project – The role of communication on the attainment of organization goals