Full Project- THE IMPACTS OF ACCOUNTANCY INFORMATION ON DECISION MAKING PROCESS
Click here to Get this Complete Project Chapter 1-5
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
At independence, Nigeria joined the committee of nation with the hope for a better tomorrow. We were able to feed ourselves and were of course almost self-sufficient. Subsequently our hopes seemed unattainable. We seem to be going deeper and deeper into the woods. The consensus is that it has been bad for Nigeria. Due to the adverse economic condition prevailing in the country many businesses have closed, shops and even financial institutions are being declared distressed at alarming rate. Businesses that are yet to be submerged or that want to stay afloat employ all kind of strategies. Some increase price, adopt promotional tools, engage in aggressive marketing etc. whereas others goes for an odd combination of activities and even undergo different kind of small business to survive.
Any business or individual that wants to survive must make the right decision. The era of mile of thumb is gone; employing it is a sure way to fail absurdly. The price of any conceivable item from garri and bread to radio and book not to mention petrol has been soaring in geometric proportions over the year. The economy is truly in distress. These compounds and complicates intricate are the problem of the organisation vis-à-vis effective planning and decision making processes. Other factors such as stagflation, taxation, economic and political problem are the major problem which affects information and decision making. The future orientation is what most company and bank get from making accounting decision .the computation and interpretation of analytical ratios from financial statement enable bank to determine their operation trends and provide a basis for management decision making. Other users of financial analysis are used in making financial decision and achieving the goal of sustainability determines compliance with regulatory requirements. Financial analysis is an investment that has positive return in the future on how decision will be made, how to manage the finances to achieve the strategic goals of the institution through decision making.
Many people think that accounting as a highly technical field which can be understood only by professional accountants actually nearly everyone practices accounting in one form or the other. In modern times, management require a wide variety of information to successfully accomplish its aim and objectives. This information is mainly determined by the element of uncertainty about the future and lack of knowledge about the present. Some of these decisions are of strategic importance having a large impact on the business, others are routine operating decision. Therefore accounting information is based on laws and regulations governing the handling of accounting report contained in the financial reports of organisation.
Making the right decision depends on the possession of appropriate, accurate and up to date information provided and presented in a meaningful way. This study set out to examine the contribution of sound accounting system in providing the management with financial and other information basis for dealing with decision problems that arises from their organisational operations.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Basically, the nature of manufacturing business compels it to carry out a great deal of book-keeping records based on accounting principles and information provided with the perpetual increase in the number of consumer of manufactured products, it has become necessary to devise a systematic mean in handling the resultant book-keeping and accounting activities. A lot criticism has always been made about the service of the organisation, consumers complain of low quality product while employers complain of lack of promotion inadequate salaries, lack of training etc.
Furthermore, the major challenge facing every financial institution\ business, organisation of today is market relevance. On-going fundament at changes in the global politics, economy and emerging competitions particularly challenges proper and adequate contemporal accounting information for management decision making. The company itself tries to coordinate all these challenge effectively and efficiently so as to minimize any anticipated and unanticipated pitfalls. If a sound and effective accounting system is applied property by the manufacturing organisation, the difference will be clear. Improper attention to the accounting system and handling of accounting information has given birth to the under mentioned problems. Poor planning, Result to poor decision making, Poor organisation and control of business activities and unsatisfactory service to its customers and Poor decision making in administrative activities of the organisation.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objectives of the study are as follows;
1. To determine whether there has been problem in generating and utilizing accounting information necessary for management decision making.
2. To ascertain the extent in which accounting information generated by accounts departments has contributed in decision making process.
3. To ascertain the extent accounting information has effectively performed or fulfils the basic roles of cost minimization, proper allocation of scare resource and improvement in the production.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. Are there problem in generating and utilizing accounting information necessary for management decision making process?
2. To what extent does accounting information generated by accounts department contributed in decision in making process?
3. To what extent does accounting information has improved effectively performed or fulfil the basic roles of cost minimization, proper allocation of scare resource and improvement in the production?
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
Ho There are problem in generating and utilizing accounting information necessary for management decision making.
H1 There are no problems in generating and utilizing accounting information necessary for management decision making.
Ho Accounting information generated by accounts department has not contributed in decision making process.
H1 Accounting information generated by accounts department has contributed in decision process.
Ho Accounting information has not improved effectively performed or fulfil the basic roles of cost minimization, proper allocation of scare resource and improvement in the production.
H1 Accounting information has improved effectively performed or fulfil the basic roles of cost minimization, proper allocation of scare resource and improvement in the production.
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The research cannot treat all aspect and kind of accounting information because the field is simply too wide. So only those relevant to these studies were dealt with as per need- ratio analysis, cost-volume- profit analysis, absorption and marginal costing, the contribution margin standard costing and variance analysis, linear program.
The availability of correct and up to data is not easy, even when available; one still encounters wholly unnecessary bottlenecks due to our socio – cultural background vice versa disclosure of information and bureaucracy. So this constituted an impediment to this research work.
Financial and time constraints were seriously encountered by the researcher. Computational procedures of various accounting information or tools are outside the scope of the work. However, those deemed necessary may be treated. It is impossible to cover all the companies, firms and other business outfits in Nigeria as a sample of the two companies in Enugu state were scheduled and inferences made from these.
Though deliberate effort is being made, to have a work wile study with sufficient validity and reliability. This work should not be viewed as a final solution to impact of accounting information on decision making process. There are limitations on resources for reference purposes especially responses on collection of data, many respondents give bias responses probably because of job protection, officer’s name and image protection, personal reluctance, unnecessary fear of legal implication and so forth.
1.7 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This research study will help to maximise the beneficial impact of accounting information on the decision making process of an organization. This boosts the profitability of the organization as well as ensuring its continuity as a business entity. It will help in the efficient allocation of scare resources that have alternative being use as well as increase productivity thereby uplifting the standard of living. It will review the improvement in the organization or company handling the accounting information and show equally the ways through which improvement could be accomplished.
In fact, all interested groups like shareholders, employers, investors, creditors, government etc will benefit immensely. This project will equally serve as a reference to student who may be interested to embark on a research of this nature.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
EFFETIVENESS: The total or actual interest paid or earned in a year, expressed as a percentage of the principal amount at the beginning of the period.
EFFICIENCY: A measurement of the ability of an organization to produce and distribute its product. In accounting terms it is qualified by a communism of the standard hours allowed for a given level of production and actual hour taken.
ACCOUNTING INFORMATION: This is a system designed to
obtain the financial position of an organization as at the end of the period.
INFORMATION: Is a processed data used in obtaining detailed data about a particular person, thing or place.
LEVERAGES: They are used by companies of its limited assets to guarantee substantial loans to finance its business.
FINANCIAL INFORMATION: This is information summarized by a company’s activities over the last year. They consist of the profit and loss account, the cash flow statement etc.
ANALYSIS: In standard costing and budgetary control, analysis of various in order to seek their causes. The total profit of various is analysed into sub – variance indicating the major reasons for budged figures.
DEBT: A sum owned by one person or organization to a person showing that the debt to be required to be settled within one accounting period.
RATIO: To put company’s performance in percentage. The use of accounting ratio to evaluate a company’s operating performance and financial stability.
DECISION MAKING: This is the end of deciding between alternative courses of action. Running of a business, accounting information and techniques are used to facilitate decision models such as discounted cash flow.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
Click here to Get this Complete Project Chapter 1-5
You can also check other Research Project here:
1, Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria