Full Project – The impact of entrepreneurship development on job creation in Nigeria
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
In view of the recent rapid increase in our population, and high rate of unemployment one mean through which people can survive the economic hardship is for the government to give priority to entrepreneur through the establishment of entrepreneur, or business like. Soap making industry block making industry etc. There will be job for our youth roaming about the street.
The impact of entrepreneurship development are very important in order to provide enabling environment for its establishment to enterprise or business so that people can stand on their own rather than looking for government job.
There is no unique or universally accepted meaning or defined of small enterprise, the definition varies from one country to another depending on their level of development the following are criteria used in defining entrepreneur by different scholars.
- The sale volume
- The market size
iii. The assets base
- The number of employees
- The initial capital i.e. seed capital.
The definition equally varies from industry to industry. Despite the fact the entrepreneurship industry have contributed very much to the economic advancement of the developed world, it is disheartening to note that the government has not really given it the necessary, attention it deserve.
Although the development of entrepreneur is see as a task to some countries or state who attaches less importance to department of their youth and provision of employment opportunity. for this reason, the project is carried out in order to highlight the relevance of entrepreneurship have played in the alleviation of poverty in the country or state.
It become imperative that business enterprise has to be optimally recognized. Commercial bank like union bank plc, unity bank of Nigeria plc and other have made some effort over the year to make loan available to customer of entrepreneurship industries but this has not solved the problem of entrepreneurship development or industries at the grass roots level. Because most of the beneficiaries, are majority from cities, to solve the problem.
Effort should be direct to poor people at rural area, because that is where must poor Nigerians live, the impact of entrepreneurship development in employment generation in Nigeria can not be successful if the down trodden people at the local area neglected. so the research worth is directed to how to improve the live of people through the establishment of more entrepreneurship industries to enhance the living standard of our people especially the rural dwellers.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Some of the problem that warrants this study include the following:
- Increase in Unemployment: There is high level of increase in unemployment in the country. Because there are a lot of graduate who cannot find jobs and they have a lot of potential in them.
- High Level of Poverty: Come with level of social economic and political problem where there is poverty there will be high level of unemployment.
- Low Standard of Living: The standard of living is also low because a lot of people are lack of job or unemployment and also there are a lot of poor people in the country.
- Inability to Identify Business Opportunities in Business Environment: Some people do not have the potential to identify business opportunities in the business environment.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objectives of the study are as follows:
- To find out whether people are encouraged to go in to entrepreneurship by setting up their own business.
- To identity the potential in the prospective entrepreneur through education training and development.
- To examine if there is reduction in poverty to the bearest minimum by providing employment and job opportunities for the unemployment.
- To find out whether people are able to identify business opportunity in the business environment they find themselves.
- To examine where the standard of living of people is increase.
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
OJO (2003) see a research hypothesis as a definite statement or ideal or suggestion whose truth or practicability can be taste through a scientific method.
Ho: Is a symbol used to represent a null hypothesis therefore a null hypothesis is a research statement which state that there is no relationship between two variable.
Hi: Is a symbol use represent an alternative hypothesis, therefore an alternative hypothesis is a hypothesis which specifics any of the possible conditions not anticipated, in the null hypothesis.
Ho: Entrepreneurship development has no impact on reducing unemployment.
Hi: Entrepreneurship development has impact on reducing unemployment.
Ho: There is no increase in poverty
Hi: There is increase in poverty.
Ho: The availability of infrastructural facilities affects the establishment of enterprise
Hi: The availability of infrastructural facilities affects the establishment of business enterprise.
Ho: The entrepreneurship development programs of the federal government have had no impact on the employment level.
Hi: The entrepreneurship development programme of the federal government have had no impact on the employment level
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The research will be carried out in such a way that it will benefit the graduate and unemployed ones.
- It help to communicate to the government to develop the graduate and also help to developing the skill of graduate in the society.
- The study is also increasing the standard of living and increases the gross domestic product Gross National product and generating income for the government.
- This research worth will be useful to follow student and future researchers who will write on this topic or make reference to it because it will serve as a form of work for them.
- This research purpose comes in to effective for the unemployed ones especially in Kogi State to know the benefit of entrepreneurship.
- Entrepreneurship programme National Directorate of employment (NDE) are to help the graduate and unemployed ones in society in employment generation.
1.6 THE SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is limited to the examination of the impact of entrepreneurship development in employment generation in National development it also cover the following meaning.
- Independence Ownership and Pride of Ownership: The owner can take decision promptly and without consulting given him confidence on his job. Assenet’ al (2002)
- Job Opportunities: Entrepreneurship provide job for the employee Assenet’ al (2002)
- Personal Contact: Employers are in personal touch with the owners of the business who often times know their personal problem Assenetal (2002)
- Creates New Product and Service: Entrepreneurship encourage new product to be innovate by people who have the skill but hate unemployed Assenet’al(2002).
- SCHOOLS ON WHEEL SCHEME: This scheme is target at youth in the rural areas, this involve taking fully quipped mobile vocational training facilities to the rural area. It is aimed at creating a pool of artisans who will become the corners stone of rural employment and development John A.S (2004).
1.7 LIMITATION AND CONSTRAINTS OF THE STUDY
The following are limited and constraints, which the researcher encountered in the course of carrying out this research work.
- Time Factor: Is one restrictive element experienced by the researcher since the study is conventionally limited.
- Financial Constraint: Is another element that restricted the study. This is because students who are non-in-income earners are worse link financial constrains, which the researcher is not exception.
1.8 DEFINITION OF KEY TERMS
- ENTREPRENEUR: According to Nwokolo (2001) entrepreneur is a person who make profit by starting or running a business of his own especially when it involves taking financial risks.
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP: According to Khanka (2002) Entrepreneurship is an attempt to create value through recognition of business opportunities the management of risk taking appropriate to be opportunity and through communication and management skill mobilize human and financial and material resources necessary to bring a project into fruitions.
- INNOVATION: According to Trott (2012, P:15) innovation is the management of all the activities involves in the process idea generation, technology development, manufacturing and marketing of a new (or improved) product or manufacturing process or equipment.
- DEVELOPMENT: Development entrepreneurship according to Simbo. A.B. (2000) is the re-organization and reorientation of the entire economic and social system in addition to improvement in income and output.
- BUSINESS ENTERPRISE: According to Lawal (2002) business enterprise can be seen as an institution where any form of economic activity like production, distribution or marketing is legally carried out with a view of making profit e.g. book seller.
- TRANING: According to Akoh (2006) is an skill for specific vocation or trade such as clerical duties, artisanc, technician and other operation positions.
- GLOBALIZATION: According to Encyclopedia, is the process of international integration arising from the interchange of world views products, ideas and other aspect of culture.
- CAPITAL: According to Business Dictionary, capital is a wealth in the form of money or assets, taken as a sign of the financial strength of an individual, organization, or nation and assumed to be available for development or investment. It is also a money invested in a business to generate an income.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Project Topics
- Actuarial Science
- Adult Education Project Topics
- African Languages And Linguistics Studies
- Agricultural Economics And Extension
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Health Science
- Arts Education
- Banking & Finance
- Banking and Finance
- Basic Science
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Research Project
- Botany Research project Topics
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Business Plan
- Chemical Engineering Project Topics
- Civil Engineering Project Topics
- Climate Change Project
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science
- Computer Science Topics
- Criminology Research Project
- Degree Project Topics
- Dissertation-Theses Writing Services (MBA MSc PhD)
- Dissertations/Theses Writing Services
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Topics and Material
- Economics Project Topics
- Edu 1
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- Educational Technology
- Engineering Research Project Topics
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Fine Art
- Fishery Project Topics
- Food Science And Technology
- Free Essay
- French Research Project Material
- Full Project
- Full Project Topics
- Geography Research Project Material
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Home Economics Project
- Hospitality Management
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Human Resource Management Project
- Industrial Relations & Personnel Management Project Topics
- Insurance Research Project
- International Relations
- Library Science
- Life Matter
- Linguistics and Communication Project Topics
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project
- Mass Communication
- Master Dissertation Thesis
- Mathematics Education
- MBA MSc BSc Thesis/Dissertation Project Topics
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Mental Health Project Topics
- Operation and Production Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Organizational Behaviour Research Project Writer
- Pol 1
- Pol 2
- Political Science
- Private Policy
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Topic
- Quantity Surveying
- Research Project
- Research Project Topic
- Secretarial Administration
- Sickle Cell Research Project Topics
- Statistics Project Topics
- Transportation Management
- Vocational Education Project Topics
Full Project – The impact of entrepreneurship development on job creation in Nigeria