Full Project – The Impact of Delegation on Management Decision Making
- BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The concept of delegation of authority as it happens in industries, services and business organization has altered many psychologist and educations. These great people have carried out series of research on it with each, there coming up with a theory as it affect decision making in organizations. Yet no one theory or negotiation can alone satisfactory explain the concept. This is because of the complex in human behaviour. Delegation means entrusting to or duplication or representing. To delegate authority to others to perform. It is important tools of management. Management is defined as social process entailing responsibility for an effective planning and regulations of operation of an achieving the objective of a business as organization in the most efficient what.
However, all organization, be it small or large have to take decision. The purpose of decision making as carrier said, it is to direct human behaviour toward a future goals. Decision making is the selection from among alternatives, there should bee need for a decision. In making any plan, there must be a decision to take therefore, it can be said that planning leads to decision guided by organization policy and objectives.
- STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
There are many problem associated with delegate of authority with regards to making good decision for the organization, especially as there are many individual differences. Employers know the important of employee’s participation and satisfaction and their effects in the achievement of organization objectives. To be able to achieve better result in short time with minimum supervision and attention, the manager should ensure that the delegates his authorities to a capable hand, and the same time, authority should be delegated with the same time, authority should be delegated equal responsibility.
The problem areas to be given attention now are
- ability or inability to identify subordinate that is capable
- Most of time, authority can be delegated without equal responsibility.
- There is also the responsibility that authority is not delegated close to the scan of action.
- Ability to the manager to identify his limitation and the need to supplement it with personal influence
- OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The major task or objective of this study is to identify and provide solution to delegation problem as they affect organization decision making. A lot of research has been made in the area of management delegation. Attempt will be made to identify some of the findings of this research under Nigeria environment assigning to them any task to perform. They (manager) must not only delegate routining matter but also task requiring the use of initiatives
Objectives of this study therefore include the following
- To show that effective and efficient decision making process could be enhance through effective delegation.
- To examine the underlining principles of delegation as it relates to decision making.
- to fine solution to some of the already existing problems of delegation
- to show that delegation of authority could be effectively implemented
- To investigate on the cause of poor delegation on management decision making.
- To determine whether the delegation strategy employed by Zenith Bank Plc. has help improve decision making in the bank.
- To identify strategies that can be implemented in order to improve management decision making through delegation.
- RESEARCH QUESTION
To address this research problem, it is necessary to build a conceptual foundation that will enable us to understand the important of delegation of authority and its relation with decision making. For the purpose of this study, the following research questions are formulated.
- Is there any significant relation between delegation and commitment to work.
- Can management decision making be effective without delegation of authority.
- Is it possible for a manager to delegate his authority to his subordinate especially when the issue to be handed is a sensitive one?
- SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY.
It can scan from the problem started that business organization does not employ delegation in management in decision making. It is hoped that the study will help the bank and other firm to adopt strategies that will improve the impact of delegation on their decision making process. The study also will help the reader know that the success of a business depend also on good delegation strategies so that it will promote the good image of the company and will also help the researchers knowledge about the various strategies available and how they can be applied to improve the company performance of the business. Above all, the study will also help people to know the value of delegation and it can be used to improve business information.
- SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The research work is basically concerned with the examination of independent variable effecting delegation of authority as it concerned decision making. It covers the aspects of responsibilities to carryout activities, planning and way through which workers could gain more power and improve their position relative to management. The non-behavioral variable such as change in technology, policy and climate conditions are not considered in the study.
- LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The study is however subjected to some limitation which could make it not to be exhausted such limitation include the researcher inability to interview some principle staff of the organization whose contribution could have been of grate help.
It is also limited to time and material resources.
- DEFINITION OT TERMS
It is necessary to define accurately some of the unfamiliar and terminology used this thesis. This is necessary because the meaning of the words is not in the words but in the use. The various concepts used are defined as follows:
Delegation: This is the organization process that permits the transfer of authority from supervisor to a subordinate.
Subordinate: A lower staff who is answerable to a loss or superior.
Manager: This is regulating the operating of t business organization one who undertakes the task of planning and at any level.
Task: This implies to piece of work assigned to someone to do.
Responsibility: Is the obligation to carry out certain attitude with accountability for performance.
Authority: The degree of description in organization position conferring the persons occupying these positions, the right to use their description and judgment son decision making.
Duty: what someone is obligated in the term the agreement.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Project Topics
- Actuarial Science
- Adult Education Project Topics
- African Languages And Linguistics Studies
- Agricultural Economics And Extension
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Health Science
- Arts Education
- Banking & Finance
- Banking and Finance
- Basic Science
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Research Project
- Botany Research project Topics
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Business Plan
- Chemical Engineering Project Topics
- Civil Engineering Project Topics
- Climate Change Project
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science
- Computer Science Topics
- Criminology Research Project
- Degree Project Topics
- Dissertation-Theses Writing Services (MBA MSc PhD)
- Dissertations/Theses Writing Services
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Topics and Material
- Economics Project Topics
- Edu 1
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- Educational Technology
- Engineering Research Project Topics
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Fine Art
- Fishery Project Topics
- Food Science And Technology
- Free Essay
- French Research Project Material
- Full Project
- Full Project Topics
- Geography Research Project Material
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Home Economics Project
- Hospitality Management
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Human Resource Management Project
- Industrial Relations & Personnel Management Project Topics
- Insurance Research Project
- International Relations
- Library Science
- Life Matter
- Linguistics and Communication Project Topics
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project
- Mass Communication
- Master Dissertation Thesis
- Mathematics Education
- MBA MSc BSc Thesis/Dissertation Project Topics
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Mental Health Project Topics
- Operation and Production Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Organizational Behaviour Research Project Writer
- Pol 1
- Pol 2
- Political Science
- Private Policy
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Topic
- Quantity Surveying
- Research Project
- Research Project Topic
- Secretarial Administration
- Sickle Cell Research Project Topics
- Statistics Project Topics
- Transportation Management
- Vocational Education Project Topics
Full Project – The Impact of Delegation on Management Decision Making