Full Project-THE IMPACT OF AUDIT COMMITTEE ON FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT OF AN ORGANIZATION
THE IMPACT OF AUDIT COMMITTEE ON FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT OF AN ORGANIZATION.
THE IMPACT OF AUDIT COMMITTEE ON FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT OF AN ORGANIZATION
(A CASE STUDY OF 7UP BOTTLING COMPANY PLC 9TH MILE CONNER ENUGU)
The impact of a Good Audit committee on the financial management of an organization can not be over emphasized. This is because internal control is the bedrock of any organization that wants continuity in the existence of the organization. The problem facing 7up bottling company plc is that the do not have an internal control system and also they lack organizational control. I make use of primary and secondary source of data collection, Oral interview, questionnaire, Newspaper etc. and found out that loses occure on daily bases due to there is no relationship between 7up company plc and audit committee. Then I came to a conclusion, therefore it is conclusively to say that the financial management of an organization via internal control system may never be possible if the board and senior managements are not committed in providing well planed internal control system.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title page ii
Approval page iii
Table of contents viii
List of table xi
1.1 Background of the study 1
1.2 Statement of problem 6
1.3 Objectives of the study 8
1.4 Research hypothesis 8
1.5 Research questions 9
1.6 Significance of the study 10
1.7 Scope and limitation of the study 12
1.8 Historical development of 7up Bottling company Plc 14
1.9 Definition of terms 16
2.0 Literature Review
2.1 The Audit Committee 22
2.2 The Audit committee duties 25
2.3 Membership and operations 27
2.4 Role in oversight of financial reporting and Accounting 29
2.5 Monitoring internal control process 30
2.6 Meaning, membership composition and functions of an audit committee 36
2.7 Classification of fraud and causes condition that give rise to fraud 40
2.8 Examples of management fraud and employees fraud 42
2.9 Inadequate by which organization manages its
scarce fund 44
3.0 Research Design and Methodology
3.1 Research Design 57
3.2 Population of the study and sample size 57
3.3 Sources of data collection 58
3.4 Validity and reliability test 61
4.0 Presentation and Analysis of Data
4.1 Analysis of Data 62
4.2 Test of hypothesis 63
Summary of Findings, Conclusion and Recommendations
5.1 Summary of major findings 71
5.2 Conclusion 74
5.3 Recommendations 75
5.4 Suggestion for further research 77
Appendix I 80
Appendix II 81
LIST OF TABLE
Table 4.1 63
Table 4.2 64
Table 4.3 66
Table 4.4 68
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
According to Orjih John (2001:2) every business organization profit making has objectives and goals in mined to achieve their goals. It is to satisfy the social need of the citizens, and in the achievement of these purpose supervisor more often than not its activities, play a document role. The size and scope impossible for the executors to exercise personal and first hand supervision of operations. It is in this light that audit committee, financial or otherwise established by management is initiated.
By section 360 of the companies and avoid matter act 2004, the auditor is expected to carry out investigations as would be necessary to enable him from a opinion. It follows from above, that even the law does specify the extent of the examination to be carried out by the auditor. This is left to the director of the auditor. This decretion is not abused by the auditor. In practice he goes beyond the legal requirement in discharging his duties and his primary focus is to plan for the projects to be audited and how each project it’s the organization’s needs. This brings to bear on his job a very high standard of professional practice and considerations.
An auditor will therefore involve for distinct practice and procedures via:
Ascertain the validity of original transactions.
Confirming the completeness and accuracy of the recording of these transactions.
Ensuring that the financial statements have been prepared from and are in agreements have been prepared from and are in agreements with the record and
Confirming that the financial statements conform to the relevant status and accounting standards.
According to Chambers Andrews (1974), a complex organization needs an auditor as an extension of the eyes and ears of management who however effective the organization might be unable to inspect the work of their subordinates whose stewardship is dilegated to them.
Internal control system can be broadly divided into two main categories.
1. Administrative control
2. Accounting or financial
It is the accounting or financial control function that internal audit, audit committee, internal checks and other accounting policies and systems built into the initial control network to promote and encourage the attainment of the objectives of the firm.
Initial audit is an initial function which means that it is conducted by the employers of an organization specially designed for this purpose.
It is an organization management responsibility to establish the department not to do so.
The objective of audit committee as internal auditing is to assist all members of management in the effective discharge of their responsibilities, by furnishing them with analysis, appraisal, recommendation and pertinent commentary in the activities reviewed.
To attain such overall objective, initial audit involves such activities as:
1. Reviewing and apprasing the soundness, adequacy and application of accounting, financial and other operating controls and recommending effective control at a reasonable cost.
2. Ascertain the reliability and relevance of management data development within the organization.
3. Appraising the quality performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities.
Where an internal audit department operates the statutory auditor pays particular attention to its activities as these will have a direct bearing on the scope and depth required by members.
According to Onovo (2011:282), the auditor should consider whether analytical procedures that are perform at or near the end of the audit when forming an overall conclusion as to whether the financial statement as a whole are consistent with the audit’s knowledge of the business indicate a previously unrecognized risk of material misstatement due to fraud. Determining which particular tends and relationships may indicate a risk of material misstatement due to fraud require professional judgment.
Material misstatement of financial statement due to fraud offer involved the manipulation of the financial reporting process by recording inappropriate of unauthorized journal entries throughout the year or at period end, or making adjustments to amounts reported in the financial statements that are not reflected in formal journals entries, such as through consolidating adjustment and reclassifications.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEMS
It has been stated earlier that the duty of detecting frauds and irregularities lies with the management.
This could only be done through effective and efficient audit committee of the internal control system in an organization. But even with the presence of the internal auditor some problem are still inherent in organization that interfere with goal attainment.
Stock disappears in large numbers on their daily basis.
Assets are either misappropriated or not accounted for.
Those names appear in large numbers on payroll and are undetected for at longtime.
Physical cash are stolen while signatures are forged in cheques also to steal cash frauds perpetuated are only being discovered after longtime.
This project is intended to find out with the above or other problem. If any, is caused by lack of good internal control system by the audit committee in an organization.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objective of the study are as follows:
1. To find out the impact of audit committee on financial management in bottling company.
2. To ascertain whether audit committee on financial management of an organization is effective.
3. To evaluate the profitability of audit committee on financial management in achieving organizational objective.
4. To find the strategies adopted by 7up bottling company in achieving financial objectives.
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
The results of the research hypothesis of the study are as follows:
1. Ho: There is no relationship between audit committee and financial management.
Hi: There is relationship between audit committee and financial management.
2. Ho: There is no relationship between profitability of audit committee in achieving organization objective.
Hi: There is a relationship between profitability of audit committee in achieving organization objective.
3. Ho: There is no relationship between effective internal control system improvements in profitability.
Hi: There is relationship between effective internal control system improvements in profitability.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
From the above objective of the research study, the research questions are as follows:
1. Is there any relationship between audit committee and financial management?
2. How does effective audit committee improve profitability?
3. How dos application of audit committee techniques improve effective profit?
4. Is there any relationship between committee and financial management in 7up bottling company?
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
No internal control system never elaborate could be completely water tight, but a good audit committee operated in a company is an indispensable aid to efficient management, in that it assures management of the reliability of decisions taken by them and that these decisions are in line with goals to be attained.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria