Full Project-THE EFFECTS OF MODERN COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT ON THE SECRETARIAL PERFORMANCE
Click here to Get this Complete Project Chapter 1-5
The core objective of this study is to identify the effect of modern communication equipment on secretarial performances in some manufacturing firms especially NB Plc-Enugu. This study comprises of fire chapter and each chapter is elaborate and explicit on the subject matter. However, nine research questions were formulated in the study and the researcher made use of percentages to analyse the data collected. The data for this study was gathered through the use of interview guide, questionnaire few books on the topic, and past studies directly related to the study. It is inferred from the study that a secretary cannot really perform effectively and efficiently without the use of modern communication equipment and as the case may be, office equipment has been developing since seventeenth century until now. This study is intended to find out the modern office communication equipment in use in manufacturing firms, the job efficiency on the part of the secretary with the use of these equipment, the job satisfaction they give to secretaries, the challenges they pose, the problem encountered by secretaries on the usage and how far they have helped in enhancing the secretaries efficiency in the organization. Finally, five manufacturing firms based in Enugu State of Nigeria were selected for this study, while the population of this study comprises 60 secretaries and 40 Boss making it a total of 100 respondents used in this study.
In discussing the impact of modern communication equipment on the secretarial performance in organizations; two factors are to be recognized. Technological growth and organizational structure. Organisation here does not mean only structure but includes aspects of interactions between people and machines in achieving set organizational goals. It is said that successes of any person or organisation depends largely on information available to a human person and the constant modification of modern communication equipment that is fully up-dated with modern information.
This ascertain brings us to the purpose of an office which includes the following: Administration, clerical work, money handling information communication systems which is an embodiment of secretarial operations. Office as a mini-social system according to farber and Barr 1979 plays important roles in defining responsibilities. For the aforementioned reasons the secretary must be available to organize and run the office completely. Here the secretary is seen as an executive assistant who has a mastery of office/organizational skills. She has to be familiar with the manipulation of the modern communication equipment which is made to enhance his/her performance.
Office automation provides increased productivity through improved access to data, faster responses to customer demands and faster decision makings. The invention of modern office equipment were necessitated as a result of the growth in large scale enterprises and also as a technological break through. The office therefore relies much on sophisticated office equipment in order to cope with the ever-increasing activities in the organizations. Like in Nigeria Breweries Plc. Which is one of the largest quoted company in Nigeria stock market has successive secretarial functions. This company started in Nigeria in 1946 producing star larger and has witnessed a lot of human and technological transformations. In their policies to keep a healthy work force in personnel and machines they have taken their secretarial operations to greater heights. This they were able to achieve through the introduction of any equipment that will enhance the job of their secretaries and also customer service satisfaction.
Nigeria Breweries believe in breaking into new areas. They contend so much with the tomorrow of their business. Strategically, actions, planning and implementation to ensure that tomorrow is achieved. Nigerian breweries plc. is futuristic in their business approach made possible by the able and vision driven leadership of their past and immediate Directors/ Chief executives that pilots the affairs of the business in conjunction with Heineken international. Recently a multi-billion Naira ultra modern brewery has been cited in Enugu state with the slogan that it is a world class investment that can complete with another out-fit in any part of the world is modern communication and production and delivery equipment. The introduction of modern office equipment in Nigerian Breweries plc mainly the computer in every office of the company also shows that the secretarial performance goes with the acquisition of these modern equipments.
It seems however, that although the higher levels of management might not make much direct use of modern office technology the secretary will. This office automation for the secretarial is in providing the secretary with a system that meets the real need identified as being important rather than the ones of typing and stenography that are thoughts to be important. As against the traditional office the modern office has a lot of activities to perform with the aid of modern equipment. Nowadays, un-countable manufacturing industries have installed these equipments and the secretaries are present to manipulate them in discharging their duties efficiently and effectively.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The importance of efficiency in job performance can not be over- emphasized. A case for the pursuit of increased efficiency/productivity can be made simply by looking at the categories of office work, the size of the size of the office work force and the impact of mechanization. The secretarial profession have witnessed a tremendous change in terms of technological advancement. Modern office equipment has taken the toll of events with the growing rate of scientific and technology which are used in manufacturing industries to facilitate office work and reduce labour costs. They include: electronic typewriters, fax machines, telephone, computers, dictating machines and recording machines etc.
1.3 THE OBJECTIVE OR PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
Therefore the purpose of this study is to identify the impact of modern office equipment on the job performances of secretaries in NB Plc – Enugu.
1. The extent the modern office equipment enhances or has enhanced the job performance of secretaries in the discharge of her duties in NB-P Enugu.
2. The accuracy of work done using these equipments.
3. The quantity of time spent or needed to perform a task using these equipments.
4. The reduction of cost brought about by the installation of these equipment
5. The job satisfaction the secretary derives from the use of these equipment in performing her duties.
6. The job security of secretaries with the acquisition of these modern office communication equipment
1:4 DELIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This study is limited only to NB Plc – Enugu and other manufacturing industries in Enugu state and seek to find out the effect of modern office equipment on the job performances of secretaries in manufacturing industries. The category of people to be studies in NB plc Enugu are:
1. Designated employed secretaries
2. Clerks whose function has been enveloped by modern office equipment
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The following questions were designed by the researcher to enable her reach conclusions such as:
i. How far as the modern office equipment enhanced efficiency in secretarial duties in manufacturing industries especially in NB plc-Enugu?
ii. To what extent has the use of these equipment assisted the secretary in the discharge of her duties?
iii. How accurate and qualitative is the work done using these equipment in manufacturing industries.
iv. What are the problems the secretaries encounters in the use of these modern office equipment.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study will be of great value to the professional secretaries and society in general as well as manufacturing firms like NB Plc – Enugu. The knowledge exerted from the study will be beneficial to secretaries in the discharge of their duties and will definitely encourage new innovations in office automation and information technology on the part of the
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
Click here to Get this Complete Project Chapter 1-5
You can also check other Research Project here:
1, Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria