Full Project-THE EFFECTS OF GOOD LEADERSHIP AND ADMINISTRATION IN NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT(A CASE STUDY OF PRESIDENT GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN’S ADMINISTRATION)
Click here to Get this Complete Project Chapter 1-5
This study examined the effects of good leadership and administration in National development (A case study of President Good luck Ebele Jonathan’s administration). In this study survey, research design was employed, while investigation and historic research was used to evaluate the problems of leadership and also the best style to be employed for effective leadership. The instrument of data collection was through the use of questionnaire. The findings of this research show that political instability, corruption, injustice, favoritism and bad policies are responsible for the poor administration and bad leadership. The study also found out that technological underdevelopment is a major factor that brings about stagnancy in the process of development. Finally, it is recommended that all clauses that give room to exploitation, corruption and domination should be amended in the constitution and that government should avoid favoritism when it comes to fixing personnel in certain key areas that requires expertise. It concluded that the solution to the problem of bad leadership could only be resolved through conscious efforts of both the government and the governed.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of Contents
1.2 Statement of Problem
1.3 Objective of the Study
1.4 Scope of the Study
1.5 Research Questions
1.6 Significance of the study
1.7 Definition of Terms
2.0 Overview of Literature Review
2.1 Nature of leadership
2.2 Nature of National Development
2.3 Leadership style and skills
2.4 Nature of Nigeria’s socio-political Environment
2.5 Achievements and challenges/controversies of President
Goodluck Jonathan’s Administration
2.6 Leadership theories and Approach
2.7 Effectiveness of Leadership
3.0 Research Methodology
3.1 Sources of Data
3.1.1 Primary source of data
3.1.2 Secondary source of data
3.2 Area of the study
3.3 Population of the study
3.4 Sample size Determination
3.5 Research Instrument
3.6 Validity of the Instrument
3.7 Reliability of the Instrument
3.8 Method of data Treatment and Analysis
4.0 Data Presentation and Analysis
4.1 Presentation of Data
4.2 Presentation of demographic characteristics
4.3 Analysis Based On Key Research Questions
Summary of Findings, Conclusion and Recommendations
5.1 Summary of Findings
5.4 Limitation of the study
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
A good leadership and administration has been widely acknowledged as a potent instrument for the achievement of national development especially in Nigeria. Leadership is an important aspect of management. The ability to lead effectively is one of the keys of being an effective manager or administrator. The essence of leadership is follower ship. In other words, it is the willingness of people to follow those whom they perceive as providing means of achieving their own desires, wants and needs, not those who would not provide means of achieving their own desires, wants and needs. That is why any country/organization that desires to achieve her objectives must have an effective and efficient leadership that knows how to apply all the basic principles needed towards achieving a great height of development. The leader must be one who is willing to work with zeal and confidence. Leadership presupposes follower ship. It presupposes a group of people who from among themselves have produced a leader, or from among whom a leader had emerged. Every one of us finds out that we are leaders and or followers in one context or the other.
National Development is our utmost desire; this is because of the poise and serenity it will bring to our country Nigeria if achieved. It should be noted that any nation without a good leadership and administration is like one driving a care without a head lamp in the night. For Nigeria to attain the height of National development, a good leadership and administration should be kept in view.
Good luck Ebele Jonathan, a former teacher, inspector of education, lecturer and environmental protection and pollution control officer, became Nigeria’s second university educated Head of Government, was sworn in again on May 29, 2011 for a full four year term, as the President of Nigeria following his victory in the April 2011 Presidential elections.
Good luck Jonathan is the third President of Nigeria’s Fourth Republic and the Fourteenth Head of Government in about 40 years. He had been the President of Nigeria from May 6, 2010 to May 28, 2011 after the death of President Umaru Yar’Adua on May 5, 2010 and is a member of the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP). He was vice-president of Nigeria from May 2007 until February 9, 2011 invoked the doctrine of necessity to empower him to serve as Acting President, with all the accompanying powers, due to President Yar’Adua’s prolonged absence from Nigeria. On January 13, 2010, a Federal High Court in Nigeria had handed him the power to run the affairs of the Presidency while President Yar’Adua died on May 5, 2010 and Good luck Jonathan was sworn in as President of Nigeria on May 6, 2010 becoming Nigeria’s Fourteenth Head of State, as mandated by the 1999 constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Nigeria is one of the largest countries in West Africa. Apparently because of its natural endowment with many resources such as mineral, coal, food and the most profound “Crude oil”. It is also rich in population, gifted with talents in all ramification of life i.e. entertainment (music and arts), sports and so on. To this regard, if Nigeria must join the 20 largest economies by 2020 AD, her leaders and followers must demonstrate certain capabilities.
There have been concerted efforts made by the President and all his cabinet members towards the enhancement of a good leadership and administration, but our leaders must develop new visions and new strategies: must summon new forms of determination and political will: and demonstrate higher levels of patriotism, hard work, selflessness and responsiveness to the challenges facing them.
However, there is a great need for “national development” and in respect to this; the leadership must have a collective vision of the future or its goal; and the path to the achievement of these goals. It must always carry the people along. Nigeria is still posed with challenges like “Ethnicism”. This is higher in the multi-national states in which our country is an example. There is need to reconcile the demands of various ethnic groups, build bridges across religions and gender, and establish a legitimate basis for new forms of Nationalism.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Unlike most advanced countries, Nigeria has struggled to have a constructive political system that provides total freedom from condemnation and imperialism.
In spite of the energy and curiosity, directed towards liberation of the country from decadence and impoverishment; it is evident that the people of Nigeria are still undergoing or witnessing various kinds of economic and socio-political crises that arise from bad governance/leadership which upon time had jeopardized sustainable development in the region.
To this regard, he problems and causes of poor leadership is specified as follows:
1. Corruption, greed, insensitivity and lack of human face from the leaders.
2. Shortage of skilled personnel in certain key areas.
3. Non challant attitude of government toward the development of science and technology.
4. Poor funding of researches.
5. Lack of modern medical and health facilities.
The above mentioned points are the causes of the problems the nation is posed with due to poor leadership and administration. Its effect on National Development is apparently negative.
The effects (negative are as follows:
– High rate of poverty, diseases and illiteracy.
– Bad road network, inter-tribal and religious conflict.
– Electoral fraud, rigging assault and political upheaval
– Insecurity if the lives and investments of both the citizens and foreign investors etc.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
From all that has been said and written above, it is the purpose of the study to take a closer look on the effects of good leadership and administration in national development; particularly in Nigeria. The following form the basis of this research study.
1. To examine the effects of good leadership and administration in national development.
2. To investigate the effect of bad leadership in national development.
3. To provide/proffer solutions for positive change.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The project topic “The effects of good leadership and administration in National Development” is a broad subject which can take an intellectual toll on the writer as well as the reader.
For our purposes, the scope has been limited to our country Nigeria, using the present administration of President Good luck Ebele Jonathan (GEJ) as a case study.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTION
1. Is there any effect of good leadership in National Development?
2. Is there any effect of bad leadership in National Development?
3. What are the solutions for positive change?
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This research work is of great relevance to the society at large. This is applicable to the government, the readers of this research work and to the researcher.
“A problem shared they say is a problem half solved”.
The benefit of this research work to the government is that by the end of the research, the weak-points and short – comings of all the sectors of the nation would be pinpointed and displayed based on findings, thus proffering reliable solutions and measures to be taken, so as to attain the lofty height of good administration and National Development.
The benefit of this research work to the readers is that hopefully at the time they are done with the reading of the work, they will be upgraded intellectually and also will be highly informed of the up and doings of the current administration, including the weaknesses, strengths, success and achievement of both the past and present administration.
“Knowledge they say is power”. Hence, this research work will serve as an eye opener, which will give the readers insight on how to participate and also partake in the political affairs of the country geared towards the achievement of national development. Finally, this research work will to a large extent, widen my scope of knowledge, especially in my course of study “Public Administration”. It will help me become a better administrator, with good leadership qualities if applied, knowing what leadership style to adopt and apply as a potential leader.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
Click here to Get this Complete Project Chapter 1-5
You can also check other Research Project here:
1, Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria