Full Project – The Effects of Ethics and Social Responsibilities on Business Organization
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Ethics and Social Responsibilities of a business and their organization have been extremely important to every society and Nigeria at large. Every society makes sure that those engage in any form of business could engage in good morals in their daily activities.
Ethics and social responsibilities are related concepts that pay special attention on moral conscience of business. The idea of ethical responsibilities has to do with those issues and problems that concern people in business and their faithfulness to their organization and to their customers also. Social responsibilities and its problem is the interest and need of every society.
There are laid down rules that govern every profession to enable us understand what “ethics” actually means. We shall quickly look at the following phenomena that could rapidly be misconceived as ethics. We are referring to such phenomena as law and morality. Laws are raid down rules made by administrations, communities, government etc. The motives of these laws are primarily to regulate or check discrepancies or misconduct as may be observed in human character or behavior. Summarily, laws improves human character, which when absent could bring about disorderliness and chaos.
Morality on the other hand is related to the opinion principal of good and evil as it affect human conduct. It comes from the mind to differentiate good from evil. We can in the other hand refer to morals as the love for ethical virtues. Finally, morals involve individual character considered by the wining standard of moral honesty.
Ethics has been defined as the principal of right and wrong conduct by the American Heritage Dictionary (Second College Edition). It is also the general study of the entire nature of morals and the specific moral choices made by a person as it affect his relationship with his fellow individuals. Those used in an organization in achieving its objectives, makes up the workforce of that organization and also of competence of any organization objectives.
A very high level of performance and efficiency has to be attained by the staff as a workforce. Efficiency is a function of so many different facts like political, social, societal and economical just to mention but a few. The staff is an essential factor of production in any given establishment since their proficiency and contributions can either promote or denote the efficiency of an establishment.
In the eyes of an ordinary person, a staff could be considered as a group of individuals or persons that operate in an establishment in order to achieve a common purpose. They also indulge in accounting, managerial and clerical functions. A good staff is one that uses his intellect and positive opinions to make suitable decisions not beyond the scope of approved government without having to be monitored and also with a reasonable degree of moral standards. Members of every profession include lawyers, doctors, customs etc. There are some ethical conducts that are written down on papers, whereas others are verbal or unwritten. The said rules are made known to the members of a particular profession. To be ethical means, keeping the rules in relationship with your fellow staff, whereas to be unethical means not abiding by the rules.
Social and ethical obligations are concepts that concentrate on the conscience of the business managers as an image-maker of an establishment with the outside world. It is normally achieved by the use of telephone taxes, letters etc. To an extent, this encourages positive public reactions towards the organization depending on the moral character of the staff. Its therefore of interest that since the staff engage in various forms of business administration ranging from agriculture to production, and manufacturing, they should be socially and morally obligated to the community where they operate so as to excel in their operations.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The issue of ethics and social responsibility cannot be over-emphasized at it borders on the image of every corporate organizations, yet, despite the fact that much attention has been paid to this topic much is seen lacing as vital issues for discussion posing a problem has surface which amongst the numerous are these few:
- Lack of projects that affects the immediate environment of the corporate organizations.
- Absolute neglect to the business environment where organizations do business.
- Depletion in moral standard among organizations.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objectives of this study are:
- To determine the extent organizations carryout their social responsibilities.
- To ascertain if socially responsible organizations contribute to the social and economic growth of their surrounding environment.
- To ascertain the level of moral obligation present in organization.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
- To what extent does organizations carryout their social responsibilities?
- To what extent does a social responsible organization contribute to the social and economic growth of their surrounding environment?
- What is the level of moral obligations present in organization.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This project is geared towards serving some useful purpose and everything that can be done, will be done to ensure that these objectives are not affected. This project will be meaningful to corporate organizations, government and the general public. The researchers and scholars are not left out.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study is wide, especially if it has to be attributed to all organizations such as banks, industries, etc. The study is limited upon the fact that materials and time required to enhance it are subsequently limited.
This study is limited to Ecobank Owerri based upon the fact that the researcher happens to be a student based in Owerri and lacks both time and funds required to get beyond this scope.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The researcher encountered several constraints in the course of this work and such constraints where:
- Time: There is not enough time to carryout detailed research.
- Finance: Money was a limiting factor as the short supply of it hindered the researcher from acquiring useful test, journals, magazines and editorials that would have contributed to the researcher data bank.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
- Productivity: This refers to an estimated rate of work. It also means the rate at which goods are produced compared with the work, time and money needed to produce them.
- Organization: It means a group, such as Chibor business that is formed for a particular purpose. It also means the act of planning and arranging things (human material) effectively.
- Law: This is a whole system of rules that citizens of a country, an organization or a particular community should obey and abide by.
- Morality: Morality deals with the principle of right and wrong behaviour. It consists of all behavior, which conforms to the social standard of a society, which is carried out voluntarily by the individual.
- Management: This refers to the act or skill of directing and organizing the work or performance of a company of an organization effectively.
- Competence: This is the ability and skill to execute a job properly or the skill required to undertake a particular assignment.
- Environment: This refers to all the situation, circumstances, events, people etc that influence the way in which people live, work and operate.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Project Topics
- Actuarial Science
- Adult Education Project Topics
- African Languages And Linguistics Studies
- Agricultural Economics And Extension
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Health Science
- Arts Education
- Banking & Finance
- Banking and Finance
- Basic Science
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Research Project
- Botany Research project Topics
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Business Plan
- Chemical Engineering Project Topics
- Civil Engineering Project Topics
- Climate Change Project
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science
- Computer Science Topics
- Criminology Research Project
- Degree Project Topics
- Dissertation-Theses Writing Services (MBA MSc PhD)
- Dissertations/Theses Writing Services
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Topics and Material
- Economics Project Topics
- Edu 1
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- Educational Technology
- Engineering Research Project Topics
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Fine Art
- Fishery Project Topics
- Food Science And Technology
- Free Essay
- French Research Project Material
- Full Project
- Full Project Topics
- Geography Research Project Material
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Home Economics Project
- Hospitality Management
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Human Resource Management Project
- Industrial Relations & Personnel Management Project Topics
- Insurance Research Project
- International Relations
- Library Science
- Life Matter
- Linguistics and Communication Project Topics
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project
- Mass Communication
- Master Dissertation Thesis
- Mathematics Education
- MBA MSc BSc Thesis/Dissertation Project Topics
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Mental Health Project Topics
- Operation and Production Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Organizational Behaviour Research Project Writer
- Pol 1
- Pol 2
- Political Science
- Private Policy
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Topic
- Quantity Surveying
- Research Project
- Research Project Topic
- Secretarial Administration
- Sickle Cell Research Project Topics
- Statistics Project Topics
- Transportation Management
- Vocational Education Project Topics
Full Project – The Effects of Ethics and Social Responsibilities on Business Organization