Full Project-THE EFFECT OF FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING REPORTING ON THE CORPORATE PERFORMANCE OF BUSINESS ORGANIZATION
Click here to Get this Complete Project Chapter 1-5
THE EFFECT OF FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING REPORTING ON THE CORPORATE PERFORMANCE OF BUSINESS ORGANIZATION:
This research work ‘’The Effect of Financial Accounting reporting on the corporate performance of business organization; basically aims at ascertaining how financial accounting report has helped in advancing the objectives of corporate organization. In the process, it investigated the effects that financial accounting bear on the performance of a business. Furthermore, the sought to ascertain the compliance of relevant status by corporate organizations and the overall satisfaction of stakeholders in a corporate organizations. The study obtained its data basically from primary source. The primary sources of data collection employed were questionnaires oral interview and observation. The study revealed that a lot of problems were inherent in financial reporting ranging from non disclosure of vital information, subjective judgment of the financial information and most time non-compliance to relevant status. The recommendation given such as strict compliance to the relevant status were made to the organization, the government needs to strengthen its regulatory agencies in order to ensure that the financial statements show a “true and fair view” and comply with the relevant status at all times.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The impact of financial accounting reporting on the corporate performance of a business organization is becoming more apparent to user groups of a financial statement.
Accounting is a not an exact science neither are business operations without some subjective and judgmental errors when it comes to reporting them. A financial report therefore is a documental statement which forms the various interest groups to a business on the operations and performance of their business in a period under reviewing its present state of affairs as well as its anticipated future, in accordance with the statutes. If a financial report is to service its purpose it ought to be characterized by the following.
Relevance Understandability Reliability Completeness Objectivity Timeliness
If the accounting process of an organization is to provide the information required to prepare a financial report which shall have the above characteristics then the transaction during the period must be recorded properly, accurately and interpreted in conformity with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Statements of Accounting Standard Board (NASB), International Accounting Standard Committee and the Companies and Allied Matters Act Cop LFN (CAMA). Financial accounting reporting become necessary with the obvious need for accountability of stewardship from the managers to whom investors entrusted their financial resources.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The study “The impact of Financial Accounting Reporting on the Corporate Performance of Business Organization” aims at investigating the financial issues in accounting as a result of the global economic and financial crisis, there has been a continued attempt to grapple with accounting and economic issues.
In many cases, these issues remain unsolved from generation to generation. The fundamental nature of accounting is still actively being debated with no sign of resolution. The conceptual theory is, for example currently being revisited by the ISAB. A particular problem is whether the stewardship or the decision making objective should be paramount.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The broad objective of the study is to examine the impact of financial accounting reporting on the corporate performance of business organization, other specific objective are as follows:
To assess the impact of financial accounting reporting on corporate performance of business organization To examine the adequacy of financial statement in decision making To examine how disclosure requirement affect corporate performance To assess company’s compliance with the regulation To evaluate whether financial report meets the needs of the various users
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
In order to determine the impact of financial accounting reporting on the corporate performance of business organizations, it is pertinent to test the following questions;
Does financial accounting have any significant impact on the corporate performance of business organization? Does the information disclosed in the financial statements adequate to support good decision making? Does the disclosure requirement of the statutes affect corporate performance positively or negatively? Do companies comply strictly with the regulation? Does the financial report meet the needs of the various users?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study is a very important one and most significant at this period of economic situation which has witnessed the collapse of giant corporate with impressive profit and loss accounts and balance sheet statement, because the financial report serves is a “prima facie” evidence on the state of affairs of such companies as well as its performance and could be relied upon as a certificate because it had the auditors certification, financial reporting could be done with every ser business, utmost good faith and diligence.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study could have covered the impact of financial accounting reporting on corporate performance of all the sectors of the Nigerian economy but due to the challenges of such task especially the financial resources with which to execute it, it is limited to commercial banks. The study used the Nigerian Commercial banks in Kaduna.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
AUDITOR: A person who is qualified to examine the accounts of an organization to see that they are in order.
BALANCE SHEET: Is a business as at a specified date.
GOVERNMENT: Is an institution of the state whose responsibility is to maintain law and order in the society.
PRIMA FACIE: Sufficient to establish something legally until disprove later.
RESEARCHER: An enquiring basically concerned with search knowledge.
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
2.1 OVERVIEW OF THE FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING SYSTEM
The financial accounting system is one that is well designed to facilitate the smooth, efficient and uninterrupted flow of data from the point where a transaction occurs through the various stages of data processing to the final stage, thereby reached in a report. (Admon, 2011).
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
Click here to Get this Complete Project Chapter 1-5
You can also check other Research Project here:
1, Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria