Full Project – REVIVAL AS A TOOL FOR CHURCH GROWTH IN THE CONTEMPORARY CHURCH
- Background of the Study
Revivals are an endemic aspect of Christianity, in recent times; the term revival has become popularized widely in the Pentecostal churches. Based on the ground that the essence of worshipping God which ought to be the paramount of our services to Him has been defeated with the subtle influence of worldliness on the Church. Christianity continues as the predominant religion. However, the proportion of the population affiliated with Christlikeness continues to decline. At several points in time, a movement would flare up as an evidence of divine visitation. The outpouring of Holy Spirit, would be emphasized enough to compel a new expression of its spirituality and structure. There would be a great excitement and popular interest beyond what may have been witnessed in years.
‘Revival’ is a very broad term that covers a wide range of culture as well as religious phenomena. The word revival is derived from two Latin words rewhich means ‘again’ and vivo which means ‘to live’; the literal meaning is ‘to live again.’” The Webster Dictionary defines ‘revival’ as restoration to life, consciousness, vigor, strength, etc.; an instance of something becoming popular, active, or important again, a new production of an old play or similar work, a showing of an old motion picture; an awakening, in a church or community, of interest in and care for matters relating to personal religion, a reawakening of religious fervor, mainly by means of evangelistic meetings. According to the Concise Oxford Dictionary, revival is “an improvement in the condition or strength of something”; “the process of something becoming or being made popular or fashionable again” like a religious revival; “a new production of a play that has not been performed for some time.” It also defines “Revivalism” as “the process of creating interest in something again, especially religion”; the “practice of using ideas, designs, etc. from the past.” Other words to describe the revivals, like the Great Awakening or Awakening are also used by scholars, especially in describing the religious revival in American history. The focus of this thesis is the need of revival in the religious sphere of Nigerian Church.
- Statement of the Problem
It has been observed by the researcher that most of the Local Churches are growing cold, due to lack of outpouring of the power of the Holy Spirit which have been caused by sin or lack of intimate fellowship with the Holy Spirit in this twenty first century. An elderly man observed to a young man and said, “young man, don’t let me deceive you, your generation is overdue for revival.” This is the burden of the researcher to invite the contemporary church to experience a fresh move of the Holy Spirit.
This research work is set out to address the following problems:
- The intrinsic meaning of Revival
- The core meaning of a Revival in the Church.
- The need for a Revival in the Church.
- The impact of a Revival on Church Growth.
- Purpose of the Study
The purpose of this study is:
- To elaborate the core meaning of a Revival.
- To examine what gave rise to a Revival in the Church.
- To investigate how Revival can serves as a catalyst for Church Growth.
- Significance of the Study
In pursuit of a clear understanding of the subject matter, the following are the benefits that this research work will offer. The importance of this research work is as follows;
- It would help churches or ministries to understand the basis of Revival.
- It would help churches and ministries to develop a working policy towards raising concerned movement or coalition for Revival in the Church.
- It would help churches and ministries to invest resources (material and immaterial) to make the plans work out effectively.
- It would help churches and ministries to give more attention or encourage Revival in the Church.
- Delimitations of the Study
This research work looks extensively at the essence of a revival in the church setting mostly by those having the burden for the unprecedented move of God in the Church. Hence with the focus on this, my interest is to observe how it impacts on Church growth.
This study is however looking microscopically at Christ Apostolic Church DCC Ilesa, Osun State, Nigeria. This chosen population is to further relate the subject under study so as to have a realistic outcome to the research.
- Research Procedure
The approach to this research is historically based. This involves investigating systematically and objectively by collecting, evaluating, verifying, and synthesizing evidence to establish facts and reach defensible conclusions.
This procedure also involves library work with oral interview conducted with the target population which in this case is Christ Apostolic Church DCC Ilesa, Osun State, Nigeria. This makes it possible to seek information in several ways at various stages explicitly.
- Limitation of Study
This research work is somehow limited in terms of the sampling population. This is because for a subject matter like this, much option would have to be explored so as to have wider sampling population which would also give more authenticity to the findings.
More so, to give a scientific validation to this research work, an empirical research methodology could have also been of immense importance to this research work as this would investigate possible cause and effect relationships by exposing one or more experimental groups to one or more treatment conditions and comparing the results to or more control groups not receiving the treatment.
- Definition of Terms
A period of spiritual rebirth where the spiritual state of one is brought to life, also a time of renewed religious interest.
An organized effort or activities toward achieving or promoting a spiritual objective. A tactical or strategic maneuver towards an attainable end.
Church is a building used for public Christian worship. A particular Christian organization with its own distinctive doctrines. Institutionalized religion as a political or social force. Historically, the Christian church is a community founded on the teachings of Jesus Christ and striving to bear witness to Christ’s gospel in its worship and faith, work and memory. Theologically, the church is a spiritual communion of the whole people of God. It is rooted in the ancient covenant with Israel and the divine promise to deliver God’s people.
A substance that enables a chemical reaction to proceed at a usually faster rate or under different conditions than otherwise possible. An agent that provokes or speeds significant change or action. An agent, person,or a group of people that provokes significant change or action.
It is a process of progressive development. It is also an anticipated progressive increase in value both quality and quantity.
 Merriam-Webster, Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary. Eleventh ed. (Springfield, Mass. : Merriam-Webster, Inc., 2003), 123
 Catherine Soanes& Angus Stevenson: Concise Oxford English Dictionary. 11th ed. (Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2004), 702
 James Hastings, Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics, vol. X (T&T Clark, Edinburg, 1980), 754- 755.
 Toyin Fashina, Senior Pastor, Christ Apostolic Church, Life Gate, Ilesa. Oral interview. 19th July, 2018.
 Daniel G. Reid; Linder, Robert Dean ; Bruce L Shelley; Harry S. Stout: Dictionary of Christianity in America. (Downers Grove, Illinois: Intervarsity Press, 1990), 303
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Project Topics
- Actuarial Science
- Adult Education Project Topics
- African Languages And Linguistics Studies
- Agricultural Economics And Extension
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Health Science
- Arts Education
- Banking & Finance
- Banking and Finance
- Basic Science
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Research Project
- Botany Research project Topics
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Business Plan
- Chemical Engineering Project Topics
- Civil Engineering Project Topics
- Climate Change Project
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science
- Computer Science Topics
- Criminology Research Project
- Degree Project Topics
- Dissertation-Theses Writing Services (MBA MSc PhD)
- Dissertations/Theses Writing Services
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Topics and Material
- Economics Project Topics
- Edu 1
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- Educational Technology
- Engineering Research Project Topics
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Fine Art
- Fishery Project Topics
- Food Science And Technology
- Free Essay
- French Research Project Material
- Full Project
- Full Project Topics
- Geography Research Project Material
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Home Economics Project
- Hospitality Management
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Human Resource Management Project
- Industrial Relations & Personnel Management Project Topics
- Insurance Research Project
- International Relations
- Library Science
- Life Matter
- Linguistics and Communication Project Topics
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project
- Mass Communication
- Master Dissertation Thesis
- Mathematics Education
- MBA MSc BSc Thesis/Dissertation Project Topics
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Mental Health Project Topics
- Operation and Production Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Organizational Behaviour Research Project Writer
- Pol 1
- Pol 2
- Political Science
- Private Policy
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Topic
- Quantity Surveying
- Research Project
- Research Project Topic
- Secretarial Administration
- Sickle Cell Research Project Topics
- Statistics Project Topics
- Transportation Management
- Vocational Education Project Topics
Full Project – REVIVAL AS A TOOL FOR CHURCH GROWTH IN THE CONTEMPORARY CHURCH