Full Project – Online pawnshop for students
- BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
A pawnshop is a platform where students sell their fairly used properties or valuables to other student at a cheaper rate, such as mattresses, gas, phones, electronics and other valuables. Students go to the pawnshop because the items are sold at a cheaper rate, and different types of valuables are sold at the pawnshop. Pawnshop will help student who don’t have enough money to buy new properties, to be able to buy from the fairly used ones at a cheaper rate. Often the valuables are worth much more than what it’s being sold. For customers who don’t have money, however, the pawnshops can serve as an important lifeline.
- STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The present system of a pawnshop which is the manual system has a lot of problems which are mentioned below:
- It requires carrying properties around which on the process some might get lost.
- It is Time consuming
- It is stressful
Therefore an automated method should be adopted in a pawnshop in order to overcome the above listed problems.
- OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The main objective of this study is to develop an online e-commerce website which will be able to;
- Provide better services to the students making use of the pawnshop.
- Keep sales records that are complete, integrated and up to date.
- Provide an imperative interface with picture of what is to be bought or sold.
- Keep log of transaction activities on the site.
- SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this project, online students’ pawnshop is to create a human computer interface that will give the students the opportunity to buy and sell their essential fairly-used commodities easily and provide an imperative interface with picture of what is to be bought or sold. The scope of this research work explores the world of E-commerce as an ICT tool that is strived at finding out how effective the computerization of a pawnshop will improve the operation of the business.
- SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of this project work when implemented in Federal Polytechnic Nekede, will;
- Give the students the opportunity to buy and sell their essential fairly-used commodities online.
- Enable the student to buy and sell their fairly-used properties online.
- Help the student to keep a more secured comprehensive record of items.
- Enables students to see the picture if items they want to purchase.
- LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Some limitation encountered during the process of this project work includes the following.
- Insufficient information from the case study: during the process of this project, there were unreliable and insufficient information.
- Lack of power supply: there was no constant power supply to enable both the students to use the computer system.
- Insufficient fund: due to the fact that not all the students have a computer system, they find it difficult to pawnshop online.
1.7 CONTRIBUTION TO ICT
The development of online students’ pawnshop will increase the number of computer literate in Nigeria by indirectly making the students to learn how to operate a computer system in order for them to be able to carry out their transaction online using a computer system. When fully implemented this project in Federal Polytechnic Nekede, it will attract other institution to adopt the new method of online students’ pawnshop, thereby increasing the growth of ICT in Nigeria.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TECHNICAL TERMS
- PAWNSHOP: A pawnshop is a place where students sell their fairly used properties or valuables to other student at a cheaper rate.
- INFORMATION: This is the assembling of data into a meaningful form.
- DATA: This is a fore runner of information. It is an unprocessed fact.
- DATABASE: Is a collection of information that is related to a particular subject or purpose.
- INTERNET: Is a collection of computer networks that operate to common standards and enable the computer and the program they run to communicate directly.
- SOFTWARE: This is a logically written program that hardware uses to perform its operation.
- COMPUTERIZATION: Refers to the application of computer in performing operation.
- SYSTEM: Is the collection of hardware, software, data information procedures and people
- RELATION: This is the linking trend that exists between two or more subject
- IMPLEMENTATION: This is the process of adopting a system
- ORGANIZATION OF CHAPTERS
This project work is divided into five chapters. Chapter one talks about the introduction of the topic, background of the study, statement of problem, scope of the study, significance of the study, limitation of the study, contribution to ICT, definition of technical terms and organization of chapters. Chapter two deals on literature review of the project. Chapter three is the research methodology, the method adopted in doing the project work, analyzing the present system, demographic variable, organization flowchart of the present system, the management structure of the present system, weakness of the present system, achievement of the expected system, data flow diagram of the expected system and high level model. Chapter four is the system design and implementation; it includes objectives of the design, control center, specification of the software and hardware requirements, output of the new system, algorithm of the proposed system, overall data flow diagram of the system, the data dictionary and choice and justification of the programming language. Chapter five is the summary, recommendation and conclusion of the work.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Full Project – Online pawnshop for students