Full Project-INVESTMENT APPRAISAL AS A GUIDE TO EFFECTIVE MANAGERIAL DECISION;
INVESTMENT APPRAISAL AS A GUIDE TO EFFECTIVE MANAGERIAL DECISION;
This project work is based on “investment appraisal a guide to effective managerial decision” A case study of selected manufacturing companies in Nnewi Anambra state. These companies are Chikason group, Ebeto group and luis carter industries. Inited. This research work of investment appraisal is to help investigate the problems in selecting improper investment, and to know if investment appraisal is needed and to know the impact of investment appraisal towards managerial decision. Five research questions and four hypothesis were employed. The statistical tools used to analyze the data convent analysis. Tradition a non discounting techniques and ,discounted cashflows techniques. Chi –square techniques was adopted to measure the difference between a swt of observed frequencies and histogram was used to show the results. It was found that investment appraisal in organization encourage workers to a greater extent. Investment appraisal helps organization in analyzing it’s financial position. Other finding include the fact that investment appraisal are responsible for the promotion recognition and maintenance of organizations. The implication of this findings is that without investment appraisal many organization cannot meet the demands of the populace. It was recommend that the managers of every organization should adopt proper investment appraisal programme to enable them get the best out of their employees and that government should adopt some incentives measures reduce the cost of capital and encourage the young investor ot invest wisely.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of content
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of the problem
1.3 Purpose of the study
1.4 Significance of the study
1.5 Research question
1.7 Scope of the study
1.8 Definition of the study
2.0 Literature Review
2.1 Research questions / hypothesis / theories
2.2 Current literature on theories models hypothesis and research question
2.3 Summary of literature review
3.0 Research methodology
3.1 Design of the study
3.2 Area of the study
3.3 Population of the study
3.4 Sample of the study
3.5 Instrument for data collection
3.6 Validation of the instrument
3.7 Distribution and retrieval of the instrument
3.8 Method of data analysis
4.0 Data presentation
4.2 Finding and discussion
4.3 Discussion of finding
5.0 Summary, conclusion and recommendation
5.1 Summary of finding
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
As business in this modern generation are growing rapidly and becoming more competitive among other investment (long run investment). Decision involves the acquisition of machinery, vehicles, buildings, patent right, new product line, copy right research and development and so on are critical decision facing managers of today’s business. however, these exists a greater task to the management when it comes to conflicting decision as regards to the selection of projects to embark on.
Under these circumstance, the management is left with series of potential projects with pregnant risk and returns. Given that the resources are limited in supply, the investor are bound to consider many factors before selecting a particular investment.
Therefore, investment is any scheme of investing resources, which can reasonably be analyzed and appraised as an independent unit. This in-depth analysis and combination between the movements of cash outflow and cash inflow decision is known as investment appraisal.
The aspect of investment that leads to capital expenditure decision should be evaluated or appraised properly. Therefore, this research is prepared to study the investment appraisal as a guide effective managerial decisions. Appraisal of investment is one of the key drives of business financial system. Sound investment that implemented well founded strategies are essential to creating shareholders wealth and must appraised both in a proper content and with sound appraisal techniques. Under this aspect, an economic trade-off must be made between the resources of cash benefits to be obtained. Analyzing this trade is essentially an appraisal process that makes an economic assessment of combination of positive and negative cash pattern. This task is difficult because it deals with future conditions subject to uncertainties and risks.
Nevertheless, investment appraisal is of paramount importance of all investment both large and small some investments are beneficial during their early stage with high returns, however these cash inflow are not adequately maintained from such project or investment during the maturity periods. With these developments, the investors, workers, and management are not motivated with such result.
Therefore, without a planned scrutiny of the investment, management decision will be jeopardize and management standard and policy will be instable.
Having established these facts, far an effective investment appraisal the following factors and steps must be religiously considered.
a Project identification
b Project evaluation
c Project selection
The selection of an alternative should be determined by the use of these appraisal techniques
NON DISCOUNTING CASH FLOW TECHNIQUES
i Payback period
ii Accounting rate of return.
B DISCOUNTING CASH FLOW TECHNIQUES
i Net present valve (NPV)
ii Internal rate of return (IRR)
iii Profitability index (PI)
The application of cost analysis should be employed to determine the cost of capital and hurdle rate where discounting approach is the organization policy. The expected coupled with the uncertainties or riskness associated with the investment for an in-depth comparative analysis, with the investment for an in-depth comparative analysis with these rules and principles, managerial decision stand at the best alternative to maximize the organizational profit.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
One of the things that help an organization or a firm to grow rapidly, the ability to make right decision as regards to investment. This work will help the researcher to find the possible solution to some problems that is facing management in terms of decision making in regards to investment.
1 Does investment appraisal lead management to invest on the appropriate project?
3 Does correct investment decision improve productively?
1.3 PURPOSE / OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY IS TO:
a Study the needs of investment appraisal to organization
b Study the impact of investment appraisal towards managerial decision.
c To investigate the problems on centered in the use of discounting and discounting appraisal techniques in selecting some conflicting investment.
1.3 PURPOSE / OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The main objective of this research work is to identity and examine investment appraisal in managerial decision making. Having said this, the purpose / objectives of this study includes:
i To investigate the problems on centered in the use of discounting and appraisal techniques in selecting some conflicting investment.
ii Study the impact of investment appraisal towards managerial decision.
iii To study the needs of investment appraisal to organizations
1.4 SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY
This research work of investment appraisal is very important the solution and the recommendation that emanate form this study will assist the financial analyst and the managers in their decision making towards capital investment.
It help and expose managers to understand the need to appraisal and any given investment to know its viability.
It also aids the managers in knowing the factors and appraisal techniques to consider during mutually independent or conflicting investment.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
a Does investment appraisal play an important role in manufacturing firms?
b Does management makes right decision towards investment?
c Does investment trades on the right projects?
d Does the appraisal techniques use in evaluating investment appraisal adequate?
e Does investing on the right project improve the firm\s profitability of investment opportunity?
1.6 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
Tests are to be concluded to ascertain the result of the following hypothesis.
1 Ho: Investment appraisal does not aid effective managerial decision making.
2 Ho: There is no significant relationship between investments appraisal and the firm’s productivity
Hi: There is significant relationship between investments appraisal and the firms productivity
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This research work was conducted with selected industries in Nnewi such as Chikason Group, Luis Carter Indusries Nnewi. Being that these companies represent other manufacturing industrie. Although the researcher would have like ot carry out moer esearch on their companies in Nnewi. But due to shortage of time and other constraint, the above companies where the one which this research has been conduct in place of others.
1.8 DEFINICTION OF TERMS
ACCOUNTING RATE OF RETURN (ARR)
It is non-discount cash flow capital budgeting technique expressed as the expected average annual operating income divided by the initial investment.
BALANCED SCORE CARD:
It is a performance measure system that strikes a balance between financial and ooperating measures link performance to rewards, and gives explicit recognition to the diversify of stake holder interest.
It is a formal mechanism for gathering, organizing and communicating information about an organizations activities.
This is a technique measures projects on the basic of the period over which the investment pays back itself or he period of recovery of the initial investment or it is defined as the period usually expressed in years, in which the cash outflows will equate the cash inflow form a project (CIMA)
CONCEPT OF ANNUITY
An annuity is a constant sum of money receivable or payable over a specific period of time.
NET PRESENT VALUE (NPV)
Is a summation of all discounted cash flow (DCF) associated with a project, this is the difference between he present value of cash out lay or outflow and the positive present value of the cash inflows.
INTERNAL RATE OF RETURN
Is that cost of capital or return that will produce an NPV of zero if applied to a project. It is a break even point cost of capital.
Is a situation in which a company does not have sufficient fund to execute worth while investment projects.
PROFITABILITY INDEX (PI)
It is the contribution per limiting factor approach that is, it is actually a benefit / cost analysis of projects.
Refers to increase in estimates as a result of changes in price levels.
Is a situation in which the occurrence of future uncertain events is known but the possibilities of such future events can quantified.
Is a situation in which the probability or possibility of occurrence of such future event can not be quantified.
Is the purposeful choice from among a set of alternative courses of action designed to achieve some objective.
Is a responsibility center where success is measured not only by its income but also by relating that income to its invested capital as in ration of income to the value of the capital employed.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria