Full Project – Investigation on effect of poor excreta disposal
The discussion here include: Background of the study, statement of problem, purpose of the study, scope of the study, significance of the study, justification of the study, broad objectives, specific objectives. Research questions and operational definitions.
According to Okereke (2006) defined excreta disposal as a combination of liquid and solid waste produced by human and animal. while poor excreta disposal can be defined as improper way of disposing excreta which may lead to a threat to human health and the environment.
From the time, Immemorial, man has been struggling to get good food to eat as to sustain life. The good food when eaten according to expected is digested after injection into the body to be assimilated the nutrient and use them for growth and also repair worn out tissues, while the undigested particles are voided out as excreta, which when improperly disposed off would cause various health hazard on human health. The control of communicable diseases in man. (1985).
Omodu (2014) maintains that the provision for sanitary disposal of excreta, adequate supply of safe water and control of insects, rodents and hermins are listed among the primary steps that should be taken to ensure that the environment in our rural communities are free and safe. The author further states that the excreta associated diseases are drastically reduced to safest level if adequate steps were implemented.
Problems with excreta disposal occur worldwide but are worse in developing countries especially in the tropic, where more than a million children die annually from diarrhoea diseases. That is more than total deaths resulting from AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria altogether. In Nigeria it is not uncommon to see people urinate in open spaces and into the public drains. Such actions contribute to environment degradation and pollution.
Insanitary excreta and sewage management as well as deficiencies in other components of environmental sanitation, contribute significantly to the continuing high rate of infant and child mortality from diarrhoea diseases. Ensuring country wide access to sanitary and sewage management methods will result in lower prevalence of environmental-related diseases. As at the year 2000, an estimated 2.4 billion people still lacked access to adequate means of excreta disposal system. The National Western Sanitation (NWSP) aims that “each household in urban areas (population above 20,000) must own and have access to safe sanitary facility that uses suitable and affordable water conveyance systems (at least pour flush toilet).
Sanitary method of excreta disposal that are affordable and acceptable to rural people should be established in order to control and prevent the nuisance associated with poor disposal of excreta to man and his environment.
Most of the residents are subsistence farmers whose health habits are inimical to them and their environment. The researcher deemed it fit to know the causes of poor excreta disposal in this Community with a view of finding out and improving the conditions. So as to prevent the devastating effect in excreta associated diseases.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Human excreta are important source of pathogenic organism especially the causation agents of diarrhoea disease.
Lucas and Gilles (1990), stated that faeces (excreta) are attractive to flies and support the development of their larva stage (Maggot). Apart from this hazard, include indiscriminate disposal of excreta which constitute a great nuisance such as unsightliness and offensive odour.
However, erection of residential building without sanitary conveniences universal adoption of open defecation without recourse to the harmful effect associated with it. constant occurrence of outbreak of fico-oral diseases are widely seen in Okposhi Eshi Community. This necessitated the intention of embarking on this research work.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of the study is to identify the factor responsible for poor disposal of excreta with a view to proffering solutions to the identified problems
- SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study survey is based on Okposhi Eshi Community Ngbo Ohaukwu Local Government Area, Ebonyi State. The study is strictly based on finding out the effect of improper excreta disposal on the health of the people of Okposhi Eshi Community
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study is important in so many aspects and will help:
- To expose those health problems associated with improper excreta disposal in the Community.
- To reveal to environmental Health officers serving in Ohaukwu Local Government Area of Ebonyi State adopted by the people of Okposhi Eshi Community
- To health educate the people of the Community on excreta disposal methods.
JUSTIFICATION OF THE STUDY
The justification of the study would be exposed and infused into the Community and the populace the need for having a proper disposal of excreta. It will also make them to know the sanitary disposal method of excreta accordance with specification of sanitary bye-laws.
1.7. BROAD OBJECTIVES
The broad objectives of this research work is to carry out an investigation on the effects of poor excreta disposal in Okposhi Eshi Community.
1.8 SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES
- To identify the effects of poor excreta disposal in Okposhi Eshi Community.
- To identify the factors responsible for poor excreta disposal in the area.
- To Proffer solutions to the identified problems that necessitated the adoption of poor excreta disposal method.
- To asses the excreta method that will be simple to construct. with local materials and capable of being maintained.
1.9 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
- What are the effect of poor excreta disposal in Okposhieshi Community in Ohaukwu Local Government Area?
- What are the factors responsible for poor excreta disposal in Okposhi Eshi Community?
- What are the types of excreta disposal methods that would be adopted by majority of the community?
- What are the solutions to the identified problems associated with poor excreta disposal
1.10. OPERATIONAL DEFINITION
Excreta: can be seen as waste material discharged from the body especially faeces and urine
Sewage: This is the mixture of waste from the human body and used water that is carried away from the house pipe under the ground.
Disposal: This is the act of getting rid of something or any material constituting nuisance to human being or the environment.
Disease: Can be seen as the abnormal condition of the body caused by the pathogenic organisms
Waste: Waste can be defined as unwanted and unusable materials and is regarded as a substance which is of no use.
Refuse: This could be putriciple and non putricible solid waste, example gabbage, rubbish, paper.
Sanitations: This can be defined as principle and practice of healthful and hygienic condition of the environment to promote public health and welfare to improve quality of life and sustainable.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Project Topics
- Actuarial Science
- Adult Education Project Topics
- African Languages And Linguistics Studies
- Agricultural Economics And Extension
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Health Science
- Arts Education
- Banking & Finance
- Banking and Finance
- Basic Science
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Research Project
- Botany Research project Topics
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Business Plan
- Chemical Engineering Project Topics
- Civil Engineering Project Topics
- Climate Change Project
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science
- Computer Science Topics
- Criminology Research Project
- Degree Project Topics
- Dissertation-Theses Writing Services (MBA MSc PhD)
- Dissertations/Theses Writing Services
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Topics and Material
- Economics Project Topics
- Edu 1
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- Educational Technology
- Engineering Research Project Topics
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Fine Art
- Fishery Project Topics
- Food Science And Technology
- Free Essay
- French Research Project Material
- Full Project
- Full Project Topics
- Geography Research Project Material
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Home Economics Project
- Hospitality Management
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Human Resource Management Project
- Industrial Relations & Personnel Management Project Topics
- Insurance Research Project
- International Relations
- Library Science
- Life Matter
- Linguistics and Communication Project Topics
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project
- Mass Communication
- Master Dissertation Thesis
- Mathematics Education
- MBA MSc BSc Thesis/Dissertation Project Topics
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Mental Health Project Topics
- Operation and Production Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Organizational Behaviour Research Project Writer
- Pol 1
- Pol 2
- Political Science
- Private Policy
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Topic
- Quantity Surveying
- Research Project
- Research Project Topic
- Secretarial Administration
- Sickle Cell Research Project Topics
- Statistics Project Topics
- Transportation Management
- Vocational Education Project Topics
Full Project – Investigation on effect of poor excreta disposal