Full Project – Implementation of real-time information management for the institute of technology
Today, websites are efficient tool of communication within society. For example, when people need information a company, institution of learning or on organization, most of them will almost instantaneously think of its website.
The influence that this website has in the private and public sector cannot be over emphasized, these days the private and public sector is not complete without a website.
The use of the web and e-learning portal as a primary information channel is growing daily. As the number of web users grows it is important that the information is accessible and usable by all .the introduction of website and e-portal concept to the web has opened new possibilities and improved the level of dissemination of knowledge in educational sector.
Design is one of the key parts of web design. This includes the design principles, design element, lines shape, texture, color, font and direction.
Web design means the designing, creating, uploading and updating of a website and its implementation. It also involves information architecture, website layout, structure, user interface, navigation website.
Websites: A website refers to a location on the internet and a collection of web pages, images, videos, which are addressed relative to a common uniform resource location (URL). It’s nothing but a domain name hosted on server which is accessible via a network called internet private local area network. Owning a website becomes an essential part for any institution, businesses and company, without web presence such organization is just running the risk of losing the business opportunities.
Each website has its own unique web address (uniform resource locator) which can be reached though an internet connection. The opening page of a website is usually called homepage which contains. Hyperlinks to other pages on the same or other site(s).
A single web server may support multiple website and a single website may reside on multiple web server, sometime thousands of miles apart.
Typical Website Attributes
- It’s a public interface
- It support the user in specific task (marketing or ecommerce)
- It provides targeted content from independent resources to specific audience
- Its content is generally focused, eliminates the need of visiting different sites
- It selects and organizes the material needed to be accessed
- It established your presence in online global market
- It reaches the targeted audience.
Web portal is a vehicle by which a user gains an access of driving broad array of resources, while a website is a destination in itself.
Portals and websites are distinct entities which often overlap and complement each other. A web portal and website should be strongly linked together, but they should not replace each other.
Website represents an organization to outside world, but a portal provide multiple user roles with a common access point.
A portal is a collection of website or service that offers board array of resources and services such as email, forums, search engines and online shopping malls. It’s an organized gateway that helps to configure the access to information found on the internet. Web portal applications offers consistent look and feel with access control & procedures for multiple applications and databases. Some of the web portals are AOL, Google, Yahoo and even more.
A student portal is a web based interface to access personalized information, resources, applications, and educational academic options with students can reach a range of internal and external sources through a network connection in a password protected setting.
Homepage: This is the first page most users see when accessing the portal is homepage is typically the highest level of a portal hierarchy.
Portal Developer: This is the organization responsible for building a portal.
Portal Maintainer: This is the organization responsible for operation a portal once deployed.
The maintainer is responsible for responding to feedback about the portal correcting errors, and adding new information as it becomes available.
The aim of this project is to create a website and e-portal for the institute of technology in other to enhance e-communication and improve the student/lecturer interaction of Kwara State Polytechnic.
1.2 OBJECTIVE OF THE PROJECT
The objective of the project is
- To create a link or means of interaction between the lecturers and students outside the lecture room
- To store information for future reference
- For easy access to educational resources like past question papers. course materials, handout/textbooks e.t.c.
- To serve as source of information for students, staffs and parents.
- To create a database of past projects that each department has embarked on
- To update students, staffs, parent and guardians on what is happening in the institute and the entire polytechnic.
- To make an easy surfing on the internet for the students and staffs. It is also for easy downloading of material needed for their study.
1.3 SCOPE OF THE PROJECT
The scope of the project is to design and implement computer aided information and management database website and e-portal via cloud computing. The database is to be built using information gathered from each department, the Institute and school management. This information should reflect the departmental information and activities, historical and current records of students’ population etc. This will serve as a useful tool that will enhance the learning and teaching processes.
1.4 E-LEARNING AND WEB PORTAL
The term learning means to gain knowledge or understanding of or skill by study, instruction or experience. Unfortunately e-learning does not possess such a precise and clear definition. The understanding of the e-learning concept varies from training via the internet according to (computer user high-Tech Dictionary, http/www.computeruser.com), to a more extended definition as an approach to facilitate and enhance learning by means of personal computers, CDROMs and the internet as explained in (Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia http://en.wikipedia.org). E-learning is the delivery of education (all activities relevant to instructing, teaching, and learning) through various electronic media (koohang& Harman, 2005).
The electronic medium could be the internet, intranets, satellite TV, video/audio tape, and/or CD ROM. An c-learning web portal is able to provide students with networks access to them. Typical c-learning portal features contain one or more of the following component (volodymyr&wilfried. 2004): organization, information, documentation, assessment and corn mu n zeal ion to mention just a few.
An e-learning platform is specialized software, sometimes referred to as the virtual learning environment or the course management system (CMS). This software should be capable of providing facilities for both the development and the delivery of c-learning. The CMS is usually a distributed online system connected to the internet through the c-learning web portal. Several communications media are used for c-learning including the internet, intranets, extranets, videos/audio tape, and/or CD ROM. From history, some educational institutions have started the process of creation of enterprise open source applications such as course management systems and electronic bulletin (e-bulletin) board. These are some of the initiatives taken by higher institutions on move away from proprietary software towards open source.
Kim, Chaudhury and Rao (2002) claimed that there are three types of web portals:
Data Portals: Concerned with managing such structure data as corporate databases with a single point of access.
Information Portals: In contrast to the data portals, this type of portal is concerned with managing such unstructured data as e-mail, text, and other documents by using indexing and cataloguing systems with search and retrieval functionality.
Collaborative Portals: This type is focused on group interaction functionality as well as the integration of the enterprise by bridging internet, extranet, private source data, and public information. The users are also allowed to access all collaborative functions such as classified topics, conferencing, team discussion, news channel, calendaring, and the abilities to personalize the interface.
1.5 BENEFITS OF E-LEARNING PORTAL
- To plan and disseminate course outline by lecturers
- To manage attendance of both students and lecturers
- To create and submit assignments
- To participate in interactive discussions between students and lecturer anytime, breaking through the barrier of geographical location. With the portal there will be an enriched and members of the academic community.
- The school portal offers education without walls
- Your ipad, Smartphone or computer changes from being a toy to a tool.
- It is the generation learning management system (LMS) combining academic management, social collaboration and third-party integration.
- This is the emerging learning platform exemplified by the distant learning and Open University model.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Project Topics
- Actuarial Science
- Adult Education Project Topics
- African Languages And Linguistics Studies
- Agricultural Economics And Extension
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Health Science
- Arts Education
- Banking & Finance
- Banking and Finance
- Basic Science
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Research Project
- Botany Research project Topics
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Business Plan
- Chemical Engineering Project Topics
- Civil Engineering Project Topics
- Climate Change Project
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science
- Computer Science Topics
- Criminology Research Project
- Degree Project Topics
- Dissertation-Theses Writing Services (MBA MSc PhD)
- Dissertations/Theses Writing Services
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Topics and Material
- Economics Project Topics
- Edu 1
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- Educational Technology
- Engineering Research Project Topics
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Fine Art
- Fishery Project Topics
- Food Science And Technology
- Free Essay
- French Research Project Material
- Full Project
- Full Project Topics
- Geography Research Project Material
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Home Economics Project
- Hospitality Management
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Human Resource Management Project
- Industrial Relations & Personnel Management Project Topics
- Insurance Research Project
- International Relations
- Library Science
- Life Matter
- Linguistics and Communication Project Topics
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project
- Mass Communication
- Master Dissertation Thesis
- Mathematics Education
- MBA MSc BSc Thesis/Dissertation Project Topics
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Mental Health Project Topics
- Operation and Production Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Organizational Behaviour Research Project Writer
- Pol 1
- Pol 2
- Political Science
- Private Policy
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Topic
- Quantity Surveying
- Research Project
- Research Project Topic
- Secretarial Administration
- Sickle Cell Research Project Topics
- Statistics Project Topics
- Transportation Management
- Vocational Education Project Topics
Full Project – Implementation of real-time information management for the institute of technology