Full Project-IMPACT OF PUBLIC EXPENDITURE TOWARDS ECONOMIC GROWTH / DEVELOPMENT
IMPACT OF PUBLIC EXPENDITURE TOWARDS ECONOMIC GROWTH / DEVELOPMENT
1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Amongst scholars, economic growth have been referred to as the study process by which the productive capacity of the economy is increased overtime to being about increases in the output of goods about services sand rising levels of national income. In short, it mean growth in the output of goods and services (i.e growth in GNP) However, the function of public expenditure and its impact to economic development could be traced by throwing more lines on the meaning of public expenditure. According to an economics dictionary by J. L HANSON: Public expenditure have bee stated and the amount of money spent by a state or a supreme recognized region on its defense. Education and other social services, interest on National debts, capital investments etc. Therefore, public expenditures on economic development is traditionally applied tot he package of policy problems that involves the use of fax and expenditure measures.
This economic development measures have been seen as a conscious and deliberate effort by the government to influence, direct and control the path of progress f the country. It involves the government’s directive and actives interference with the market mechanisms either to supplement or to supplant it. It is generally done by directly allocating or influencing the allocations of the society’s resources (both human and maternal) according to some predetermined objectives and thus, it involves the government in conceiving, initiating, regulating and controlling economic activities in the system, However, the impact of public expenditure on economic development have been to weighting the economic standard of a country ads to determine its per-capital income distribution, the inflationary rate, the cross National product and the monetary valuation to mention but a few between Nigeria and Britain
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
It have been identified in the recent years that the inability of the government to allocate public expenditures to areas that are necessary have led to the fall of the standard of economic growth research have summoned the quest for acquiring the feasibly of public expenditures to faster the economic development and standard of the economy. What is economic development ? According to Edet B. Akpakpan; economist, economic growth is about increases in the out put of goods and services i.e increase in the real GDP. Thus if the GDP say rises from N200b in year 1 to N210b in year 2, we say that the economic has grown over the period and growth rate increase but if in the reverse, we say that there is s decline or decrease in economic growth.
From facts certain reasons have been attributed to the lack of economic growth in Nigeria though its public expenditures the ignorance of the government in making way of for capital investment in and outside the country have been one of the major roles in the frustration of economic development through taxes and rates paid and the have impacted negatively to the economic standard and growth. These negative trends that are attached to economic growth have played a major role in the reduction of unemployment level. In the country, also the reduction in the degree of personal and regional inequalities among indigenes in the country can be sensed o visualized through this economic mayhem, there have bee total reduction in the level of a absolve poverty o citizens, also the reduction of productive capacity etc have been parts of the negative trend cased by the inability of government using public expenditures to impact economic development. Due to this low rate of production capacity there mighty be difficulty for citizens demands to be reached and their tend to be inflationary situations in this conditions. Therefore, there must be measures in check mating these factors that is disastrous to economic development. Furthermore, in this research work, we shall tend further to compare and analysis the impact of public expenditures to the development of Nigeria and Britain and hence finding a lasting solution to any if necessary.
1.2 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The study is motivated by need for Government to intervene towards the development of the economy. The purpose of this study is to ascertain the impact or role of public expenditure in developing economics. The study is aimed at determing the extent to which public expenditures can be used to achieved meaning development in the developing economics and as well determine the variation between developing and developed by basis of Comparison between Nigeria and Britain. Finally, it will aim at offering useful and relevant suggestions to the government of our nation on ways through which we can improve the economy through adequate utilization of public tends and effective public polices.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The major objectives of the study have been generally classed as to determining the economic situations in Nigeria and Britain and thus:
i. To determine the income distribution of fellow citizens.
ii. To determine the public expenditure strategies to boost the standard of living of the people.
iii. To finding measures to controlling and avoiding inflationary situations in Nigerian.
iv. The research objective have been to valuate or maintain the monetary sector and stabilizing its value.
v. It has been the objectives of the research to ascertain the level of the country’s capital investments.
vi. Finally, it is focused at exposing fluctuations against economic development and growth.
1.4 THE HYPOTHESIS OF HE STUDY
The research hypothesis that would be used as guide for testing relationship between variables are.
i. There is no significant relationship between the level of economic development in Britain and that of Nigeria.
ii. There is no significant relationship between the availability of public expenditure in Britain and that of Nigeria.
iii. There is no significance relationship between the standard of living in Britain and the standard in Nigeria
iv. There is no significant relationship between the effective utilization of natural resources in Nigeria and that of Britain
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTION OF THE STUDY
Sequel to the statement of problems above, the following research questions are put forth.
i. Does the provision of public infrastructure leads t economic development?
ii. Does government public policies affect the level of Public expenditures in the economy?
iii. Does the source of government revenue effect public expenditure in the economy ?
iv. Does public expenditures on infrastructure leads to the improvement in the general standard of living of the citizens ?
1.6 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
This research work have encountered some limitations which has contributed to low pace of work some of the handicaps encounter include financial constraints which is the power of every effective work. Another case or limitation include time which the researcher have not gotten to carry on efficiently in search for the project. This is in line to combining necessary documents and sample required.
1.7 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The main beneficiaries of this research work will be the general public, entrepreneurs, management science students and the government. This study will enable the public appreciate the impact of public expenditure on economic development. In particular, it will be useful to entrepreneurs and the public who may find the structure to economic development, a useful instrument fore realizing their dreams of owing or finding ways of economic restructure and growth. Though this work the Nigeria government may understand more clearly, the problems entangled to economic growth and development which are in position to solve.
Subsequently this will enable then broaden their services efficiently through public expends derived to developing the economy. This undoubtedly will help to improve the economy and ultimately the standard of living of the citizens. The students of management sciences will use this work as a stand for future aid. Further research because it will bring out areas for improvements. It will also help then to study and know the roles of pubic expenditures to economic development. The government will also benefit immensely in that the research will new- know their roles and sue than to improve the country’s economic standard, when the economy is balanced, government will receive more taxes, custom tariff, rates sanitizes social amenities and sound education to its citizens. These economic situations when improved will expand and create work for ore employment opportunities there by helping the government to solve the problems of unemployment in the country which has remained as her major bane.
1.8 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope and delimitation’s of the study is to view that impact of public expenditures on developing economy. Hence, we shall tend to know more of these impact especially as it related to Nigerian and Britain as case study. This can be achieved by viewing and analyzing the basic impact public expenditure have played in developing an economy.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Many abstracts are generally on impact of public expenditure towards economic growth/Development in Nigeria It is certain to gain proper under standing of the terminologies especially as used in the present study:
a. Public expenditure can be seen as the measure through which allocate efficiency or optimal can be attained. And how impact of public expenditure has brought about economy growth/Development in Nigerian.
b. Thus as brought about a lot of changes in out economy. One of the changes is how he government ahs brought about activities of levying taxes, undertaking expenditures on commodities.
c. Making direct money transfers to individuals and form as well as the establishment of regulatory standards for the operation of the economy.
d. The influence of public expenditure on demand and supply and how public expenditure carries the implications or stability growth and development.
e. This is a comparative study of Nigeria and Britain, And it also determine the extent to which the regressor affect regress.
f. The study is motivated by need for government to intervene toward the development of the economy.
g. According to AGIOBENEBO T. J which stated that public expenditure on economic development is traditionally applied to the package of policy problems that involves the use of fax and expenditure measure. This economic development measures have been seen as a conscious and deliberate effort by the government to influence, direct and control the path of progress of the country.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria