Full Project – IMPACT OF EFFECTIVE ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT OF CHURCH GROWTH
This study was carried out to examine impact of effective administration and Management of church growth. Other objectives were to identify the functions and duties of church management in a church and also to identify the other factors militating against church growth. The research design adopted for this work is cross –sectional survey and descriptive analysis on a randomly selected sample of the different categories of church management (Bishops, Pastors and Priests). A total of one hundred and twenty well-structured questionnaires were distributed among the principal management. The descriptive statistics was used to analyse the research questions while chi-square was employed to test the null hypotheses. Findings from the study reveals that majority of the respondents are of the opinion that church management plays a vital role in ensuring growth of the church. The finding from the study also reveals that a church will grow if church management are actively involved in the affairs of the church.
- BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Management is indeed a dynamic reciprocal process of personal influence by which a manager or a management shapes the attitudes and activities of others towards the achievement or attainment of organizational objectives (Abogunrin, 1986). Even before the modern concepts of management came into being, the apostle of Jesus Christ, Paul in the Pastorals lists the qualifications for church management to ensure sustainable growth (Dairo, 2007). These have remained the model for ages. For any church management to steer the ship of the church successfully, these qualities must be imbibed. But contemporary experience in Nigeria has shown a marked departure from this Pauline list of qualifications for church management which has really affected growth of churches. The level of understanding expected from both the management and the followers is missing in most cases. This often results in crises within “the body of Christ”.
There are some common features in various definitions of management. It will be presumptuous for anyone to attempt a definition that will satisfy the populace especially regarding church management. Management is nothing if not linked to collective purpose; and the effectiveness of management must be judged not by press clippings but by actual social change, measured by intent and by satisfaction of human needs and expectations which on the long term will be visible on the church growth and development.
Oluwasegun (2005) defines management as the ability to gain consensus and commitment to common objectives beyond organizational requirements which are attained with experience or contribution and satisfaction on the part of the working group. Management could also be defined as the relationship in which one person or the management influences others to work together willingly on related tasks to attain that which the management desires. It is a means of direction. Management is the ability of management to induce the subordinates to work towards a group’s goals with confidence and keenness. It implies that the management accepts responsibility for the achievement of the group objectives and it is, therefore, essential for the trust and cooperation from both sides to be evidence all the time (Oluwasegun, 2005). Management is an art of getting things done. It can be learnt, improved, developed and perfected. It is the key process of influence and the process always includes a number of key components such as management and followers, they interact in situations and means of influence which emerge from the management and from the followers, based on their value system and goals which the management and the followers seek to achieve (Dairo, 2004).
With respect to church management, it implies that the church management gives direction, motivates, reprimands and develops a set objective along with his group and resolves individual or group needs within the church. This is perceived as the only way towards the church growth. In the New Testament it was more often used as Christological title for the exalted Jesus. The results of semasiological and lexicographical investigation of secular Greek indicate an extremely polyvalent spectrum of meaning for the word “church management”, the basis being he who is the first, who stands at the head of, who leads.
According to the New Testament, the terms “bishop,””pastor,” and “elder” are synonymous. Bishop means “overseer,” and the elders had the responsibility of overseeing the work of the church (Acts 20:17,28; 1Pet5:1-3). “Elder” is the translation of the Greek word presbytes, which means “an old man.” Paul used the word presbytery in (1Tim 4:14), referring not to a denomination, but to the “eldership” of the assembly that ordained Timothy. Elders and bishops (two names for the same office, (cf Titus 1:5,7) were mature people with spiritual wisdom and experience to ensure the survival of the church of God. Also, “pastor” means “shepherd,” one who leads and cares for the flock of God (Vine, 1996:67).
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
According to Dairo (2008), many Churches in Nigeria are characterized with false teaching, preconceived ideas and human-formed regulations which have too often undermined the Holy Spirit’s specification and has militated greatly against church growth. According to Apostle Paul, church management must be kind of man that can carry the followers along. All church management may not possess these qualities in the same measure but a management must have these quality attributes to a degree that is noticeable in his life to ensure sustainable growth.
If a man is known to be harsh instead of being gentle, intemperate instead of being temperate, disgraceful instead of being respectable, he has disqualified himself (Bible Org. 2004). The work of church management is a noble task. Such an office needs the right kind of people to serve. Accumulation of material wealth, by capitalizing on the “gross ignorance” of the people about the teaching of the Bible on wealth by church management as also limited growth of many churches because of the increased awareness of these dubious strategies. However, the researcher is examining the role of church management in the growth of a church.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The following are the objectives of this study:
- To examine the role of church management in the growth of a church.
- To identify the functions and duties of church management in a church.
- To identify the other factors militating against church growth.
- RESEARCH QUESTIONS
- What is the role of church management in the growth of a church?
- What are the functions and duties of church management in a church?
- What are the other factors militating against church growth?
HO: Church management do not have a role in church growth
HA: Church management do have a role in church growth
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The following are the significance of this study:
- Findings from this study will educate the church authorities and the general public in Nigeria on what the church management need to do or incorporate into the system to ensure growth.
- This research will also serve as a resource base to other scholars and researchers interested in carrying out further research in this field subsequently, if applied will go to an extent to provide new explanation to the topic.
1.7 SCOPE/LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
This study will cover the activities of churches in Nigeria with special focus on the roles and duties of the church management
Limitations of study
- Financial constraint– Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
- Time constraint– The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Project Topics
- Actuarial Science
- Adult Education Project Topics
- African Languages And Linguistics Studies
- Agricultural Economics And Extension
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Health Science
- Arts Education
- Banking & Finance
- Banking and Finance
- Basic Science
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Research Project
- Botany Research project Topics
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Business Plan
- Chemical Engineering Project Topics
- Civil Engineering Project Topics
- Climate Change Project
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science
- Computer Science Topics
- Criminology Research Project
- Degree Project Topics
- Dissertation-Theses Writing Services (MBA MSc PhD)
- Dissertations/Theses Writing Services
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Topics and Material
- Economics Project Topics
- Edu 1
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- Educational Technology
- Engineering Research Project Topics
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Fine Art
- Fishery Project Topics
- Food Science And Technology
- Free Essay
- French Research Project Material
- Full Project
- Full Project Topics
- Geography Research Project Material
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Home Economics Project
- Hospitality Management
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Human Resource Management Project
- Industrial Relations & Personnel Management Project Topics
- Insurance Research Project
- International Relations
- Library Science
- Life Matter
- Linguistics and Communication Project Topics
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project
- Mass Communication
- Master Dissertation Thesis
- Mathematics Education
- MBA MSc BSc Thesis/Dissertation Project Topics
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Mental Health Project Topics
- Operation and Production Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Organizational Behaviour Research Project Writer
- Pol 1
- Pol 2
- Political Science
- Private Policy
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Topic
- Quantity Surveying
- Research Project
- Research Project Topic
- Secretarial Administration
- Sickle Cell Research Project Topics
- Statistics Project Topics
- Transportation Management
- Vocational Education Project Topics
Full Project – IMPACT OF EFFECTIVE ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT OF CHURCH GROWTH