Full Project – Government policies and its effects on building project implementation in Nigeria
1.1 Background of Study
Government has embarked upon a numbers of specific policies in the past which was aimed at enhancing the implementation of projects which the research cover a number of economic policies such tax reform liberalization policies deregulation policy, new housing found, national housing policy, national building code, structural adjustment programme and it will narrowed down to building industry. As a result of the unique nature of the building industry etc furthermore the decrees established by professional bodies such as Architect Council of Nigeria, (ARCON) and the Council of registered builders of Nigeria (CORBON).
Basically in the construction industry in Nigeria, the records of many abandoned project were as a result of changes in government policies national housing fund policy. According to Abumers S. (1997) assert that concept of national housing fund as proposed in the national housing policies is to ensure a continuous flow of long-term founding for housing development and to provide affordable loans for low income housing.
According to Mazue (1992) assets that the failure of the past building delivery systems has been due to lack of adequate monitoring and evaluation of policy implementation. He stressed that transition from one government to another also affect its implementation. Adewale I. (1987) opined that Nigeria enactment of building agencies has not done the construction industry any good. The research being that many of these code fails because of their inability to reflect out traditional construction requirement.
1.2 The Statement of Problem/the Need for the Study
The positive impact of the policies made by government and affect in project implementation is not felt by Imo State citizen in particular and Nigeria in general. The services provides by the government which are based on the policies and decisions of policy makers are not adequate.
Professionals like quantity surveyors is not doubtful of his construction cost and inherent in flationnor trend this has paved way the quacks to thrive in the industry and client are now expressing fear that professional will give them high cost on project. It has affected employment in the nation.
Generally, it has resulted to high cost of rent and properties hence, the standard of living of the majority of people has been affected.
1.3 Aim of the Study
This research work is aimed at access government policy and its affect on building project implementation in Nigeria using Imo State as a case study.
1.4 Objective of the Study
- To identify several government policies in the country and its effects on building project implementation.
- The review and analysis several policies that have been enforce in the country.
- To identify their sectional allocation to the building sector.
- To identified the weakness of these policies as well as their contribution towards effective project implementation in the country and make recommendation where necessary.
- To identify the factors militating against access the government policy and effect in building project implementation in Imo State.
- To identified the ultimate requirement for any effect in project implementation and the used for minimizing cost of abandoned project in the country.
1.5 Significance of the Study
The researcher through this report hope to online the effect of government policies and to advice government to adopt policies which has a genuine intention of developing the country policy which will not lead to abandonment of building project and reduce the cause of building collapse, policies which will not encourage the looting of the national treasury by government officials, when this good policies are limited, it will help reduce the cost of living and hence better the lot of the masses the building contractor will equally appreciate his profession.
1.6 Research Question
- What is the need of government policies in the country and its effect on building project implementation?
- What are the review and analysis of policies that have been enforce the country?
- What is sectional allocation to the building sector?
- What are the weakness of these policies and contribution towards effective project implementation in the country?
- Is there any factors militating against access the government policy and effect in building project implementation in Imo State?
- What is the ultimate requirement for any effect in project implementation, the used for minimizing cost of abandoned project in the country?
1.7 Scope and Delimitation
Policies implementation, it covers a number of economic and it refers other process of converting financial, building material, technical and human input into output goods and services.
However one of dominate and unique issue in local government administration and political system is the efficient and effective provision of basic amenities and social infrastructure provision of projects one key to the very existence local governments.
They are required to serve the public interest in areas of building feeder roads construction of matels health care centers, drainage others while these functions of local government are well known and popularized by the construction of the country. It is against these backgrounds that paper examines these issues and how they affect project initiation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
This researcher had in mind to present this work in such a way that it will be captivating to whosoever that comes in contact with its content at first sight but time constraints and difficulty in gathering and arranging information, were some of the limitation.
Information and materials from ministry of works and housing, federal office of statistics, library and interview conducted in some construction firms were used in putting up this work. Nevertheless, the researcher hope that you will find this project not only interesting but useful how in future.
1.9 Definition of Key Terms
- It is a statement declaration of a government political activities, plans and intentions relating to a concrete causes or at the assumption of office an entire legislative session. It certain countries they are announced by the head of government or a minister of the parliament.
- What is policy? Is a principle of behavior conduct etc though to be desirable or necessary, especially as formally expressed by a government or other authoritative body.
- What is Implementation? Is the process of moving an idea from concept to reality. In business, engineering and other field; implementation refers to the building process rather than the design process.
- Deregulation? Is the process of removing or reducing state regulations typically in the economic sphere: it is the undomy or repeal of government regulation of the economy.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management