Full Project – Effect of labour management relations on worker’s performance
In the work place, workers and management team in the organization engage in formal relationship, which is purely for operational purpose. The relationship between the management and workers is contractual i.e the employer-employee relation (Daniel, 2006).
Every organization has some set objectives which it wants to achieve, and these objectives cannot be achieved without an effective cordial relationship between labour and management, these objectives include high productivity, large market size and increased asset base. The success of an organization is not only measured by the amount of profit the company can make, but also by the degree of industrial peace and harmony that can be maintained, therefore employers of labour must pay more attention to the needs of labour, so as to maintain high performance (Nel, 2002).
Management having been entrusted with the day running and administration of the organization should regard and treat employees as a vital and essential asset of the organization; employees on the other hand should try to appreciate the effort of management in trying to protect the interest of investors and shareholders (Geralk, 2004).
The problem of low performance in an organization occurs when there is no cordial relation between management and its workers; this brings about lack of understanding thereby preventing management and workers from achieving their goals, in such a situation there is usually low productivity, no staff morale, low pay, lack of promotion and no maintenance culture (Majoku, 2006).
The swift-moving of current information, knowledge and skills, continue to increase the difficulty for management to keep up and advance with new development in an organization. It is tragic to note that employers are not aware of the effect of lack of communication to productivity, if information are communicated effectively to the employees, it will help them to put their effort in the right direction and prevent waste, information should flow freely from the lowest in the organization to the highest, it is important that workers know at all times what is going on if they are to work happily and confidently (Paul, 2001).
The problem of monopolizing decision making by management disrupts peaceful co-existence of labour management relations. Nel (2002) said that industrial democracy is important to workers because it result in an increased share in the control of the organization, management should see workers participation in decision making as a way of increasing the commitment and control of workers. As a result of all these one can easily appreciate the need for a good labour-management relation, if high productivity must be maintained.
This research work therefore examined the effects of labour management relations on workers performance in an organization with particular reference to Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission.
For there to be an efficient and effective performance in an organization, there has to be a mutual satisfaction and dedication of the group that constitute the human side of the organization, unfortunately most organizations fail to achieve this mutual satisfaction and peaceful co-existence that they end up producing below expectation.
When the organizational goals and individual goals are not compatible, it brings about conflict and disharmony which can result to strike. Strike brings frustration to management and causes unnecessary waste that will interfere seriously with the total organizations accomplishment.
Organizations where there is poor labour-management relations ends up producing below expectation, the cause of this as earlier mentioned are lack of communication between management and labour, bad leadership from management, poor motivational skills and lack of workers participation in decision making, since the major objective of Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission is recruitment and examination of qualified candidates, create fair and equal opportunities for all employees, create an efficient work environment , offer a variety of services to enhance employees’ careers and personal lives, it has tried to an extent to maintain a fair labour management relation, yet the performance in this organization is still low because fair labour management relation is not enough. For a smooth labour management relations, the workers must perform well, and for workers to perform well there must be an adequate mutual relationship between them and management, so Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission is experiencing some problems of poor labour management relations. Therefore, this study will examine the effect of labour management relations on workers performance in organizations with particular look at Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission.
The following research questions were raised to guide the study.
- What is the effect of labour management relation on workers performance in Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission?
- What is the effect of motivation on workers performance?
- To what extent does good communication enhance smooth labour management relations in Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission?
- What is the importance of employee participation in management decision making?
- What are the effects of strike on organizational performance?
- How does leadership style of an organization affect its labour management relations?
The main objective of this study is to examine the effect of labour management relations on workers performance.
The specific objectives are;
- To ascertain the effect of a mutual relationship between management and employees of Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission.
- To evaluate the effect of motivation on workers performance.
- To determine the importance of labour management communication in Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission.
- To examine the need for workers participation in decision making.
- To ascertain the effect of strike action on organizational performance.
- To determine the extent of the effect of leadership style on labour management relations.
The benefit of this study is as follows:
- It will help the labour and management of an organization to know the areas they are performing well and also loopholes they need to attend to.
- It will help management of Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission to know what it entails to improve performance in an organization.
- This study will help management of Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission to know the benefit of relating well with its workers.
- This study will motivate other researchers to go into further study on the issue.
- The information contained in this study will be of immense value to students, management and the general public.
This study attempts to examine the effects of labour management relations on workers performance in Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission.
The data for the study will be obtained from Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission, Lafia.
This study is limited to Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission which is the case study for the research work. An obvious limitation to this study was financial constraints, this study proved to be very demanding on the researcher because of the need to source for materials from Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission.
Labour: The people who are available to perform work. The collection of people who work or perform the work of an organization.
Management: Is a group of people responsible for running an organization or directing the organization’s human activities for specific ends, they take care of the process of planning, organizing, directing and controlling of human activities.
Performance: The way a job or task is done by an individual, a group or an organization.
Productivity: Is the measure of the relationship between the quantity of results produced and the quantity of resources required for production, production is the measure of the work efficiency of an individual, work unit or an entire organization.
Organization: Is a group of people brought together for the purpose of achieving certain objectives.
Conflict: A condition that arises when two or more individuals or group of people perceive their own interest as being challenged by others and where strong feelings can be aroused.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Project Topics
- Actuarial Science
- Adult Education Project Topics
- African Languages And Linguistics Studies
- Agricultural Economics And Extension
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Health Science
- Arts Education
- Banking & Finance
- Banking and Finance
- Basic Science
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Research Project
- Botany Research project Topics
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Business Plan
- Chemical Engineering Project Topics
- Civil Engineering Project Topics
- Climate Change Project
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science
- Computer Science Topics
- Criminology Research Project
- Degree Project Topics
- Dissertation-Theses Writing Services (MBA MSc PhD)
- Dissertations/Theses Writing Services
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Topics and Material
- Economics Project Topics
- Edu 1
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- Educational Technology
- Engineering Research Project Topics
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Fine Art
- Fishery Project Topics
- Food Science And Technology
- Free Essay
- French Research Project Material
- Full Project
- Full Project Topics
- Geography Research Project Material
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Home Economics Project
- Hospitality Management
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Human Resource Management Project
- Industrial Relations & Personnel Management Project Topics
- Insurance Research Project
- International Relations
- Library Science
- Life Matter
- Linguistics and Communication Project Topics
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project
- Mass Communication
- Master Dissertation Thesis
- Mathematics Education
- MBA MSc BSc Thesis/Dissertation Project Topics
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Mental Health Project Topics
- Operation and Production Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Organizational Behaviour Research Project Writer
- Pol 1
- Pol 2
- Political Science
- Private Policy
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Topic
- Quantity Surveying
- Research Project
- Research Project Topic
- Secretarial Administration
- Sickle Cell Research Project Topics
- Statistics Project Topics
- Transportation Management
- Vocational Education Project Topics
Full Project – Effect of labour management relations on worker’s performance