Full Project – EFFECT OF FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENTS IN THE ECONOMIC GROWTH OF NIGERIA
Generally, policies and strategies of Nigerian government towards Foreign Direct Investments are shaped by two principal objectives of desire for economic independence and the demand for economic development. Multinational corporations are expected to bring into Nigeria, foreign capital in the form of technical skills, entrepreneurship, technology and investment fund to best economic activities thereby, rising the standard of living Nigerians.The main issue in this project relates to understanding the effects and impacts of Foreign Direct Investment(FDI) on the Nigerian economy as well as our ability to attract adequate amounts sufficient enough to accelerate the pace of our economic growth. From related research and studies, it was revealed that multinational companies are highly adaptive social agents and therefore, the degree to which they can help in improving economic activities through Foreign Direct Investment will be heavily influenced by the policy choice of the host country.
From the analysis through the use of secondary data, it was observed that the level of FDI in Nigeria is not adequate. The model used was Internal Gap(Foreign Capital Need).From the analysis of the questionnaire distributed, it was discovered that FDI has a significant role in the economic growth of Nigeria.
The research thus suggested that in order for her to improve the economic climate for foreign direct investment in Nigeria, the government must appreciate the fact that the basic element in any successful development strategy should be the encouragement of domestic investors first before going after foreign investors.
The federal government in recognition of the importance of foreign investment as an important vehicle for economic growth, in her 2007 budget expressed his readiness to enter into investment protection agreement with foreign government or private organization wishing to invest in Nigeria as well as discuss additional incentives. According to Utomi (2007), “foreign direct investments (FDI) viz transnational corporations do possess the needed district capabilities which can be put to the service of growth in any host economy”
A general belief for a country to grow rapidly is for its to industrialize. However, to industrialize, a country requires substantial capital investment which is possible through earning of foreign exchange from export, borrowing in the international financial markets, or allowing businessmen to invest in her economy.
However, Agbadu (2007), advises that no country should ever rest on her oars and expect fortune seeking foreign investors to grow her economy for her. It is up to the recipient economy to „exploit‟ the foreign investors through the judicious use of macro-economic polices deliberately designed to take advantage of the available foreign investment for the national economic benefits.
The sustainable economic growth of a developing country like Nigeria cannot be achieved in isolation. It deserves the existence of substantial capital to carry out diversification of the economic base.
In Nigeria, the per capital income is low; hence the realization of substantial savings to effect capital accumulation for investment is unfeasible. This has rendered the dream of domestic sourcing of finance for investment unrealistic. This scenario has led to increased desire for foreign investment in the provision of desired capital that will help in economic growth.
With the existing democratic governance, another chance is given to Nigeria to make her economy patronisable by foreign invertors which consequently will act as a catalyst to the growth of our economy.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Nigeria is like a country in a web on the role of foreign capital in her economic growth. On the other hand, we are aware that inflow of foreign capital through foreign direct investment is not a charity. Iwuala (2006) noted that foreign investors are not santa claus. They invest in an economy to primarily maximize their returns. In the course of this, the foreign investors are said to have emasculated and preyed on the domestic economy, thus retarding real growth. Despite there charges, the foreign investors are not entirely predacious in their operation in the domestic economy.
Nigeria is therefore in dilemma: she is in dire need of foreign capital for the on-going internal economic adjustments, yet she fears that foreign investors may wrest complete control of the national economy and render it an appendage of the western economic hegemony. This fear notwithstanding, the need for foreign capital has become indispensables if the economy must come out of the woods.
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objectives of this study are as follows:
- To ascertain the level of foreign direct investment in Nigeria.
- To examine the role of FDI in the growth of Nigerian economy.
- To ascertain the adequacy of the level of fiscal incentives given to foreign investors by the Nigeria government
SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
It is hoped that this study will act as a starting point for policy debate in the area of FDI in our economy.
On the whole, it is envisaged that the research findings will be of the following specific significance.
It will serve as a guide to economic policy makers and planners in future decisions concerning FDI
It is equally hoped that the findings and recommendation of this study will be of immense benefit not only to the government, but also to others researchers and students for future research undertakings
Based on the objectives of the study, the following question are necessary for formulation of hypothesis:
- Is the level of FDI in Nigeria adequate?
- What is the exact impact of FDI in the economic growth of Nigeria?
- Are there enough incentives by the governed to encourage the flow of FDI
In orders to find answers to the question raised in the research question, the following hypothesis are necessary.
Ho: The level of foreign direct investment in Nigeria is not adequate
H1: The level of foreign direct investment in Nigeria is adequate.
Ho: foreign direct investment do not have significant role (impact on the growth of Nigerian economy.
H1: Foreign direct investments have significant role on the growth of Nigerian economy.
Ho: The level of fiscal incentive to foreign investors in Nigeria is not adequate.
H1: The level of fiscal incentive to foreign investors in Nigeria is adequate.
SCOPE AND LIMITATIONS OF STUDY
Since the field of investment is too vast that one can safely say that it runs through all aspect of human endeavors. This study will focus on FDI in the manufacturing, processing and telecommunication sectors.
A study of this nature cannot be carried out without difficulties in the process. Some of the limitations are that. Some of the data are based on secondary source. The quality of conclusion reached in this study therefore, cannot be better than the quality of services and materials upon which the study was based. Also, the analysis covers time period in which information is already available from both the federal office of statistics and the central bank of Nigeria and order not portray the position as they are today. However, the author recognizes the fact that the past can yield an insight into both the present and the future and this from a good basis for analysis and decision making.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria