Full Project-EFFECT OF CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY ON THE PERFORMANCE OF THE NIGERIAN BANKING SECTOR
Click here to Get this Complete Project Chapter 1-5
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The last twenty years have seen a radical change in the private sector’s relationship both with the state and the civil society. Globalization, deregulation, privatization, and the withdrawing of line between state and market have changed the basis on which private enterprise is expected to contribute to the public goods. Meanwhile, the relationship between company and civil society has move from being paternalistic philanthropy to re- examination of roles, rights and responsibilities of business in society (Alawiye and Babatunde, n.d).
In the Nigeria society, corporate social responsibility (CSR) has been a highly contemporary issue to all stakeholders including the government, the corporate organization itself, and the general public (Olanrewaju, 2012). Corporate social responsibility is an integral part of business corporations as it not only provide support to beat business competitors but also provide help to grow the business in the society. So by focusing on the financial success and community growth, the company can increase it performance rapidly as compare to their competitors. Commercial banks in Nigeria today adopts corporate social responsibility not only as a philanthropy spending but as a social investment and environmental sustainability, it has also become a normal practice by banks to disclose on the face of financial statements how much they have spent on CSR pertaining to donations and charitable gifts.
Many researchers tend to focus on societal benefit of CSR neglecting the impact on the organization itself. Today management of banks have found the need to provide for environment in which they operate and hence need to evaluate the corporate social responsibility engaged in them on their performance. According to Pierre, Timothy, George and Garry (2009) organizational performance encompasses three specific three areas of firm outcomes: (a) financial performance (profits, return on asset, return on investment, etc); (b) product market performance (sales, market share etc); (c) shareholders return (total shareholders return, economic value added etc). Therefore this study propose to measure the organizational performance in three aspect, using banks profit, turnover and earnings per share (EPS).
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
According to Robbins (2005), manager of banks are often faced with the challenge of determining how socially responsible their banks are particularly with the increased competition in the banking industry. There have been arguments that managers should integrate economic, social and environmental concerns into their business strategies. Recognizing the potential benefit of improve public relations, many banks publicizes their dedication to corporate social responsibility, and provides stockholders with a formal report of their corporate social responsibility accomplishment. However many researchers have come out with different view on the influence of corporate social responsibility has on the organization in terms of performance. Therefore this study proposed to examine the impact of CSR on organization performance in Nigeria banks.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTION
i. Is there any relationship between corporate social responsibility spending and Nigerian banks profitability?
ii. Does corporate social responsibility spending have any influence on the turnover of Nigerian banks?
iii. Does corporate social responsibility spending have any impact on the earnings per shares of Nigerian banks?
1.4 RESEARCH OBJECTIVES
i. To examine the relationship between the spending on corporate social responsibility and profitability in the Nigeria banking sector.
ii. To investigate the influence of corporate social responsibility spending on turnover of Nigerian banks.
iii. To examine the effect of corporate social responsibility on earnings per share (EPS) of Nigerian banks.
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
Ho1: There is no relationship between corporate social responsibility spending and Profitability on Nigerian banks.
Ho2: Corporate social responsibility does not have any impact on turnover of Nigerian banks.
1.6 JUSTIFICATION FOR THE STUDY
Several researches have been carried out on corporate social responsibility of firms but focuses on the social and environment benefit in which the firm operate. Thus this research will consider the effect corporate social responsibility has on the performance of banks in Nigeria. Also previous researches have been done on organizational performance in other sectors also using different variables but for the purpose of this research the effect of CSR on organizational performance will be review on profit, turnover and earnings per share (EPS) of Nigerian banks. The study will also contribute to the existing knowledge of corporate social responsibility and its effects on organizational performance of Nigerian banks and will also create an avenue for further researches on CSR and organizational performance.
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is on effect of corporate governance on the performance of deposit banks in Nigeria. The study will also focus on the implications of corporate governance on the performance of Deposit Banks in Nigeria in order to look inwardly the extent application of corporate governance code in enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of the Nigerian banking industry.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR): This is the continuing commitment by business to contribute to economic development while improving the quality of life of the workforce and their families as well as of the community and society at large.
Organizational Performance: This comprise of the actual output or result of an organization as measured against its intended outputs (or goals and objectives)
Bank: A bank is a financial establishment that uses money deposited by customers for investment, pays it out when required, makes loans at interest, and exchanges currency.
1.9 Plan of the Study
Chapter one will discuss the general overview of the study. This will include the background to the study, statement of the problem, research question, objective of the study, hypothesis of the study, justification of the study, scope of the study, definition of term and the plan of the study for chapter two shall contain the review of relevant literature on different concepts, theories and empirical evidence. Chapter three will discuss the methodology and techniques to be adopted for the study and chapter four will deal with data presentation, analysis and findings discussion. Chapter five will be on the summary, conclusion and recommendations of the study.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
Click here to Get this Complete Project Chapter 1-5
You can also check other Research Project here:
1, Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria