Full Project – DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF BIOMETRIC STAFF ATTENDANCE
1.1. Background to the Study
Punctuality as Thomas Chandler Haliburton(1796 – 1865) said, is the soul of business. Any institution will require its staff to be punctual for it to be a success. Punctuality as a function of time with respect to date is a very essential requirement in every setup, be it small scale or large organization/institution, of which Federal University of Technology, Minna is no exception (Shoewu and Idowu, 2012).
The level of impersonation as well as the ghost worker syndrome in recent times is enormous, in both the private and the public sector, Akinduyite, Adetunmbi, Olabode, and Ibidunmoye (2013). Therefore, there is need for a new system which will wipe out all this enumerated issues. The human body has the privilege of having features that are unique and exclusive to each individual. This exclusiveness and unique characteristic has led to the field of biometrics and its application in ensuring security in various fields. Biometrics has gained popularity and has proved itself to be a reliable mode of ensuring privacy, maintaining security and identifying individuals. Today, the technology is being spotlighted as the authentication method because of the need for reliable security (Arulogun et al, 2013).
A system insusceptible to impersonation, that provide dependable and efficient means of taking staff attendance record with the use biometrics captures to provide perpetrators with the uniqueness of biometrics will help organization/institution keep good and accurate record of their staff punctuality.
- Motivation of Study
Punctuality is one of the most important attribute of a good professional, this project is motivated by the desire to bring and enhance professionalism in organizations and institutions.
- Statement of Problem
Traditionally, staff attendance is done by signing in and out in a register which leavesgap for impersonation and staff sometimes record earlier time when they are late.
The problem of designing and implementing a biometric staff attendance system is multifaceted and complex. The first issue lies in the design phase. The system must be user-friendly and intuitive to ensure that all staff members, regardless of their technical proficiency, can use it effectively. It must also be robust enough to handle the attendance data of potentially hundreds or thousands of employees, which requires a high level of data management and storage capabilities.
The implementation of the biometric technology itself. Biometric technology, such as fingerprint or facial recognition, requires sophisticated hardware and software. The hardware must be reliable and capable of accurately capturing the required biometric data. The software, on the other hand, must be able to process this data accurately and quickly to ensure that staff attendance is recorded correctly.
The integration of the biometric attendance system with existing HR systems. This integration must be seamless to ensure that attendance data can be used effectively for HR purposes such as payroll and performance management. This requires a high level of technical expertise and understanding of both the biometric system and the existing HR systems.
The security and privacy of the biometric data. Biometric data is highly sensitive and must be protected from unauthorized access. This requires robust security measures, including encryption and secure data storage. Additionally, the system must comply with privacy laws and regulations, which can vary greatly depending on the location and nature of the organization.
The cost of the biometric attendance system. The hardware, software, and technical expertise required for the system can be expensive. This cost must be justified by the benefits of the system, such as increased accuracy of attendance records and reduced time spent on manual attendance tracking.
Finally, the acceptance of the biometric attendance system by the staff. Some staff members may be uncomfortable with the use of biometric data for attendance tracking. This requires careful communication and change management to ensure that all staff members understand the benefits of the system and feel comfortable using it.
1.4 Aim and Objectives of Study
This project is aimed at developing a staff attendance system using fingerprint biometrics.
The objective of these project are to:
- Designa staff attendance system using fingerprint biometric.
- Implement of the designed system.
- Test the implemented Staff attendance system.
1.5 Scope and Limitation of Study
The study examines design and implementation of biometric staff attendance. This project uses fingerprint biometric for time attendance of Federal University of Technology, Minna to makes the task less burdensome and enhance professionalism in organizations.
This project is limited to the fact that the proposed system doesn’t have a centralized database, which means staff enrollment will have to be done at their work unit. Furthermore, transferred staff details will be copied to the new unit database or re-enroll at new station before the staff can have access to the system.
1.6 Significance of Study
The use of staff attendance system is very important because of human being proneness to error, leaving the staff to write down their names might not be accurate as staff can even write attendance for their fellow staff and their handwriting legibility can be a case when compiling the attendance record at the end of the month.
The official in charge of attendance collation is highly favored by this system because use of pen and paper as a means of collating staff attendancewill leave the official in charge with numerous sheet of paper, which will be hectic as he/she have to start comparing several sheet to record the average attendance for just a staff. The official is going to waste a lot of time compiling the attendance percentage at the end of the month, mistake can creep in due to the large volumes of papers
Successful implementation of this project mean the staff attendance credibility can be queried or put to test anytime, and result are produce fast and accuracy, without stress.
1.7 Operational definition of Terms
– Design: Design refers to the process of creating a plan or blueprint for something, such as a product, system, or artwork. It involves considering various factors like functionality, aesthetics, and user experience to come up with an effective and visually appealing solution.
– Implementation: Implementation is the process of putting a plan or design into action. It involves executing the steps and tasks necessary to bring an idea or concept to life. In the context of software development, implementation refers to writing and coding the actual program based on the design specifications.
– Biometric: Biometric refers to the measurement and analysis of unique physical or behavioral characteristics of an individual. These characteristics can include fingerprints, facial features, iris patterns, voice, or even typing patterns. Biometric technology is often used for identification, authentication, and access control purposes.
– Staff attendance: Staff attendance refers to the record-keeping and monitoring of employees’ presence or absence in the workplace. It involves tracking the time and attendance of staff members to ensure accurate payroll processing, compliance with work hours, and overall workforce management.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Project Topics
- Actuarial Science
- Adult Education Project Topics
- African Languages And Linguistics Studies
- Agricultural Economics And Extension
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Health Science
- Arts Education
- Banking & Finance
- Banking and Finance
- Basic Science
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Research Project
- Botany Research project Topics
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Business Plan
- Chemical Engineering Project Topics
- Civil Engineering Project Topics
- Climate Change Project
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science
- Computer Science Topics
- Criminology Research Project
- Degree Project Topics
- Dissertation-Theses Writing Services (MBA MSc PhD)
- Dissertations/Theses Writing Services
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Topics and Material
- Economics Project Topics
- Edu 1
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- Educational Technology
- Engineering Research Project Topics
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Fine Art
- Fishery Project Topics
- Food Science And Technology
- Free Essay
- French Research Project Material
- Full Project
- Full Project Topics
- Geography Research Project Material
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Home Economics Project
- Hospitality Management
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Human Resource Management Project
- Industrial Relations & Personnel Management Project Topics
- Insurance Research Project
- International Relations
- Library Science
- Life Matter
- Linguistics and Communication Project Topics
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project
- Mass Communication
- Master Dissertation Thesis
- Mathematics Education
- MBA MSc BSc Thesis/Dissertation Project Topics
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Mental Health Project Topics
- Operation and Production Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Organizational Behaviour Research Project Writer
- Pol 1
- Pol 2
- Political Science
- Private Policy
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Topic
- Quantity Surveying
- Research Project
- Research Project Topic
- Secretarial Administration
- Sickle Cell Research Project Topics
- Statistics Project Topics
- Transportation Management
- Vocational Education Project Topics
Full Project – DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF BIOMETRIC STAFF ATTENDANCE