Full Project – Design and implementation of a mobile app for medicine delivery
The Internet is a computer-based global information system composed of many interconnected computer networks, enabling them to share information and processing power. The Internet has brought new opportunities to government, business, and education. Business Tycoons use it to offer goods and services online to customers e.g. Online Pharmacy Store, also for communication via e-mail, retrieving news, researching information etc.
The terms internet and World Wide Web (www) are not synonymous. The internet is a global data communication system of network that links computer networks all over the world by satellite and telephone, connecting users with service networks. On the contrary, the Web is one of the services communicated via the internet. It is a collection of interconnected documents and other resources, linked by hyperlinks and URLs.
Pharmacy is a health profession that links the health sciences with the chemical sciences and it is charged with ensuring the safe and effective use of pharmaceutical drugs.
The scope of pharmacy practice includes more traditional roles such as compounding and dispensing medications to patient and consumers, and it also includes more modern services related to health care, including clinical services, reviewing medications for safety and efficacy, and providing drug information.
We have also, what is called Pharmacy Management System (PMS), which is a computerized System designed exclusively for Retail Pharmacy Stores. It functions includes faster billing, better drug store management and tracking of stock which leads to profitability of the Pharmacy.
Pharmacy Management System (PMS) is an automated tool used to serve Customers Online (Internet Pharmacy), and those that walk in their door. The primary difference between manual and Online Pharmacy System, is the method by which the medications are requested and received. Some customers consider this to be more convenient and private method rather than travelling to a community drugstore where another customer might overhear about the drugs that they take.
Internet pharmacy (also known as Online Pharmacy) .While most internet pharmacies sell prescription drugs and require a valid prescription, some internet pharmacies sell prescription drugs without requiring a prescription. Many customers order drugs from such pharmacies to avoid the “inconvenience” of visiting a doctor or to obtain medications which their doctors were unwilling to prescribe. However, this practice has been criticized as potentially dangerous. A drug store using the Pharmacy Management System (PMS) eases his/her task for online sales and prescription, because in PMS everything is done. Online Pharmacy System is growing tremendously as patients and customers prefer to order drugs and refill prescriptions online with a degree of privacy, instead of the traditional means of visiting a local drug store, where private issues are unwillingly disclosed to the Pharmacist. Online Pharmacy has drugs of different ailment, drug manufacturing and expiring date, and price tags. Many also allow reviews of the patients’ recorded with the online drug store.
Prior to the advent of Online Pharmacy Management Systems (PMS), drug dispensing and prescriptions can be very tasking, as customers and patients need to tour from one drug store to the order, looking for where to get good drugs and prescriptions at a minimal cost. This leads to loss of reasonable amount of time. For some customers who are new in a city and not close to their usual drug store, and do not have any information of the nearby Pharmacy, will definitely see the PMS come to their rescue. On the side of Pharmacist Administration, the high level of inefficiency of drugs prescriptions and record keeping as customers make their demands through telephone calls and paper mails has been a great concern, even at the point of this research I found that a lot of retail Pharmacy and drug stores are still operating and managing Pharmacy in the faced-out method. It is high time information technology was integrated in their daily pharmaceutical transactions.
1.2 Aim and Objective of Study
The aim of this study is to enable patients / customers to make online prescribe and order for drug that can cure specific ailment.
While the Objectives of the study include:
- To develop a medicine delivery system, that will aid any pharmacy to carry out all its medicine transaction and delivery via the internet.
- To introduce user friendly and time management in the pharmacy, such as Patient/Customers’ record update, Prescription, drug delivery and medicine inventory searching System.
- To introduce simplicity in all the details of the customer / Patient by simply keying in the identification of that customer.
- Similarly, record maintenance and update can also be accomplished by automatic generation, and updated in the master file thus keeping the record absolutely up-to-date.
- To create an authentication module for the entire information maintained in the database and where only authorized user can retrieve information by accessing the database.
- The main goal of this whole write-up is to automate the day to day Pharmacy activities like;
- Dispensary and delivery System
- Patient Profiles
- Drug Racking System
- Drug Inventory Management
- Cart Shopping System
- Computation of bill
- Report Generation
1.3 The Significance of Work
- This project is useful for Pharmacy Administrator, who manages all the Patients, drugs, and ailments in his drug store. He can add, update and delete drug details as deemed necessary, and also get information about drug utility, and online prescription etc.
- During past several decades, Pharmaceutical records had being manually managed. The manual system of Pharmacy management is time consuming, tedious and highly prone to human errors. To improve the performance of the Pharmacy Management System (PMS), the computerized system is the focus. This project is fully computerized and user friendly that any members of staff can view the reports and status of the Pharmacy.
- The basic need of this website is efficiency. The website should be efficient so that whenever a new user submits his/her prescription and request, the website is updated automatically. This record will be useful for other users instantly.
- The complete control of the project is down to authorization i.e. username and password to access this project while un-authorized access will be denied. All the control is under the administrator and the other members have the rights to view the records and not to alter any information entered in.
- Security is the main criteria for the proposed system. Since un- authorized access may modify or change the content of the database. So security is pertinent in this project.
1.4 Scope of Study
This project is based on online application that shall support selected aspect of online Pharmacy Management System (PMS), to assist Pharmacist in creating online menus for drugs sales, ailment and treatment, and general services. This online menu program provides quick drug prescription for the users and enables them to search for a particular drug. Some of the main features of this script will include; ability to cancel prescription, if not recommended by Doctor, and inventory control system. Searching the database is simple, just type the drug categories of your choice, the software will display a drop-down menu of matching drugs, as quick as possible. You can also refine the search by selecting one or more of the drugs categories. Selecting a drug, displays the drug’s information, the ailment it can cure and the price.
1.5 Definition of Terms
Let’s know the meaning of some terms that we might not be familiar with:
Ailment – a mild illness or injury, especially a persistent one
Automate – to convert a process by computerization
Android SDK: The Android SDK (software development kit) is a set of development tools used to develop applications for Android platform.
Android: Android is a software for mobile phones, tablets and a growing range of devices covering everything from wearable computing to in-car entertainment.
Android is also a mobile operating system developed by Google. It is used by several smartphones and tablets.
ADB: ABD stands for Android Debug Bridge, a tool that is used primarily by developers to send commands from a computer to android.
APK: Android Application Package file used to distribute and install applications.
Android Manifest: Describes the fundamental characteristics of the application and defines each of its components.
Debugger: A debugger is a computer program used by programmers to test and debug a target program.
Compounding – something made by combining two or more things
Drug – substance used in medicine to diagnose, cure, prevent the occurrence of diseases.
Dispensing – to distribute drug
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Full Project – Design and implementation of a mobile app for medicine delivery