Full Project – CRITICAL EXAMINATION ON LAND USE AND ALLOCATION PROCEDURE
The aim of this project is to examine and evaluate the physical, social and economic effects of the present location of land use activities the Owerri Urban and recommend solution to the problems identified. Thus it involves the examination and analysis of the extend of development of land use activities problems caused by the development of these land use activities. The impact of government programmes and policies as regards the pattern of development and finally to suggest alternative strategies to overcome the identified problem in the area.
To achieve these, the methodology employed by the Author under primary collected in the field survey, which includes observation, interview, informal discussion and the use of questionnaires. The secondary data etc.
Due to the peculiar characteristics of the data collected the technique used in the analysis is the Faro Yamani formula.
This ensures a most proper lasting in the formulated hypothesis.
In recent times there has been a rapant growth of towns and cities in this country. This growth has been accompanied with an ever increasing physical social and the technological changes as well as complex Urban Pattern of development.
This fast development with its attendant sprawling effects on the original settlement and town out skirted always cause some land use congestion. Personal and political pressures etc. within and around the area involved.
In 1976, Owerri became the capital of the then creates Imo State. Almost immediately, the original settlement which were more or less residential / agricultural areas became engulfed with the fast sprawling development in Owerri.
However the morphology of these land activities in the area was observed not be the function of only the original settlement patten, but also a function of the government policies so in relation to the development of the area. These policies so in relation to the development of the area. These policies and their subsequent implementation in no small measure, contributed to the Owerri Urban with their resultant effects on the indigenous other inhabitants of the area, as the existing facilities in the area.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The main problem of this study was to examine and evaluate the physical, social and economic effect of land use activities in its present location in Owerri Urban and recommend solution to the problems identified, because there has been series of criticism against the manner by which land was allocated to people in Owerri Urban
1.3 AIM AND OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
This research work aimed towards recognizing the existing land use situation in Owerri Urban and thus high lighting the implications and results of previous development programmes and their implications. This will then severs as basis for formulating a more functional and efficient planning programmes for the area.
THE OBJECTIVES ARE
1. To evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of the allocation procedures.
2. To identified the achievements and shortcoming of the procedure.
2. To suggest possible means of implementing better land used and allocation procedure.
1.4 POSSIBLE RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
The postulation of this study was that conflicts of interest often arise between political planners and the physical planners in the planning and executive of land use activities therefore and allocation procedure in Owerri is defective.
1.5 RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODOLOGY
In this study, case study research method was to be used. Important information were get through the use of primary and secondary sources like interviews questionnaires observation, journals and books on related topic. These will be distributed to Estate surveyors, lawyers, town planners, civil servants and residents of government layout. Data collected will be analyzed statistically with percentage and chi – square..
1.6 SCOPE AND DELIMITATION OF STUDY
The study area – Owerri Urban was made up of five original settlement namely Amawon, Unuoyma, Umuodu, Umuroronjo and Umuoyeche. Included are also the adjoining residential area among which are works lay-out, shell camp, government station lay-out, Ogwu Orgi layout, Okigwe road and Orlu road residential area. Also the emergency housing scheme I and II, Ikenegbu layout and its extension us well as the federal low lost housing scheme of Egbu road.
MAP I: Shows Imo States as one of the thirty-six states of the federation.
MAP II: Shows Owerri which is the state capital in its regional setting.
MAP III: Shows the study area as being bound by Amakohia and Orji on the North, Otamir river and Mbaise road on the south, federal housing. Aladinma Northern Extension and Ugwu Orji layout an the East and Nwaorie Stream on the West.
1.7 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The significance of study was to serve as a guide to land experts v12 Estate surveyors, lawyers etc. on the land for efficient utilization of the available land in Owerri urban. It will also help in educating the public. On the various taken by such commute to use and maintain the zoning ordinances, for uniformity in the development process of the capital city.
1.8 DEFINITION OF SOME IMPORTANT TERMS
LAND USE:- Land itself is a genetic term that include the physical soil and all improvement on it such as plants, building e.t.c. the use to which any parcel of land is put to accordance to the various human activities is known as Land use.
MORPHOLOGY: Structure of an activity or element
SPRAWL: Urban sprawl is the irregular development of cities without apparent plan to the east, west, north and south.
URBAN: A town/city—which supply a wide rang of good and service to it’s country side.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria
Full Project – CRITICAL EXAMINATION ON LAND USE AND ALLOCATION PROCEDURE