Full Project-CAUSES AND EFFECT OF ORGANISATION CONFLICT
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Ours is an age of rapid change, unrest and conflicting ideologies. Society is unsettled and individuals are apprehensive as group, nations and organized groups within the nation struggle for power and control over material resources and man’s mind. It is in such a world setting of tension and clearage that we view the present day relationship between labour and management in Nigeria. In an organization, there are the owners of business who’s primary goal and or objective is to maximize profit at all cost while on the other hand, there are workers whose only weapon is this labour power with which they earn some reward usually monetarily. In other words, these two groups (the owners and workers) here their own are interest which might differ. Nevertheless they are bound to co-operate in other to maintain and sustain the system of going concern. However, where there is co-operation, there will be conflict can be described as a situation of disagreement between employees and employer e.t.c. it could also be seen as the total range of behaviour and express opposition and divergent orientation between owners and managers on the hand and workers and the organization on the other hand.
Organization conflict is therefore a familiar characteristic of organization life. Its fundament cause is the self-interest of individuals in the organization, a self-interest which frequently manifests itself a self-in competing objectives, philosophies or method and in associated struggles of one or more level or department to dominate the other. The presence of conflict brings a change in an organization. If the change is in line with organization objective then the conflict is beneficial (functional) to the organization, but if on the other hand, the conflict create disunity among functionaries in the organization this deviation from the stated organization objective then such a conflict is dysfunctional.
Conflict can be main tested inform of discount struggle, quarrel, opposition, disagreement, clash of interest and ever fighting. It can range from industrial strike to competition, to simple dislike among individuals in an organization. It many occur or sub-groups departments sub-system, authority relationship, individuals and even sub-organization in there guest to either incompatible goals in the face of the resources.
The first Bank PLC as financial (service) organization is not an exception to the inherent problem posed by conflict. The inability of the management to be effectively by handle conflicts has led to a considerable wastage of human and material resources heading some times to a partial or non-fulfillment of the stated organization goals and objectives. Considering the vital position which first Bank (Nig.) Plc occupies in the nation as one of the three major financial institution teeholis and supports the economic. It therefore become important using first Bank Plc as a focal point since the financial performance or non-performance of the bank will directly have a great impact on the nation economy. The research work I undertaken so as to enable the organization to understand and appreciate this in her sent nature of conflict and how researching it will result to an improvement of the organizational efficiency.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The increased interest gap between the employer and employee is becoming to devastating in our present by organizations. A lot of firms are collapsing due to increasing pressure from owners or the workers.
This project work in effect tends to address the following problems.
1. The problems arising from the inefficiency of the workers caused by the organizational inability to meet their needs.
2. The problems associated with the increasing labour conflicts in our organization.
3. The problems associated with inconsistent grievance handling.
4. The problems usually encountered in trying grievance and dispute procedure.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
Since conflict is inevitable in work organization, a career – minded person must learn practically, uncomplicated ways of resolving with the people to enhance efficiency.
In regard, this study aims at examining impact of trade union and industrial conflict with reference to:
(a) The causes of conflicts
(b) The mechanism that have been put in place for its resolution by the organization.
(c) Examining the attitude of management towards conflict resolution.
(d) To identify how efficiency can be increases in an organization though proper appreciation of causes and mechanisms for conflict resolution.
(e) It hopes to suggest to organization functionaries how to manage positive and negative conflicts in order to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This research work is supposed to survey many business organizations in Nigeria but for some constitution, which makes it impossible to cover the entire population, a sample was therefore chosen. In doing this first bank and Nigeria Plc Enugu was used as the case study. In concluding the survey, questionnaires and interviews were used. A sample size that will reflect the population of the bank selected and the data collected was analyzed using the simple percentage and table.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The following are some of the research question used during this research work.
(a) Do you consider conflict as one of an organization life?
(b) How do you feel when there is a conflict in your working environment?
(c) How do you feel when conflict is not rather suppresses?
(d) How do you feel conflict is either resolved in favour or against you?
(e) How effective is the management mechanism no building conflicts?
(f) What do you think that are responsible for conflict in your organization?
(g) How often does conflict arise in the organization?
(h) How often does management succeed in resolving rather than suppressing it?
(i) How can effective handling of conflict improve organizational goals and objectives?
1.6 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
Hi: Conflict is considered as part of organizational life.
Ho: Conflict is not considered as part of organizational life.
Hi: Conflict in any working environment, promotes organizational efficiency.
Ho: Conflict in any working environment does not promotes organizational efficiency.
Hi: The management mechanism in building conflict is effective.
Ho: The management mechanism in building conflict is not effective.
Hi: The industrial relations climate is depended on the grievance and conflict resolution procedure.
Ho: The industrial relations climate is not depended on the grievance and conflict resolution procedure.
1.7 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This research work is aimed at giving an insight into the conflict and grievance handling procedure as it operates in First Bank Nigeria Plc. It should also help the bank to isolate those factors that causes conflict in the organization or to reduce conflict in labour management. Relationship there by improving organization efficiency. The cause and mechanisms for conflict resolution discussed in this research work serves as a guide to managers in other establishments.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria