Full Project-BANK DISTRESS: NATURE, CAUSES, IMPLICATION AND ASSOCIATED AUDITOR’S RESPONSIBILITY.
BANK DISTRESS: NATURE, CAUSES, IMPLICATION AND ASSOCIATED AUDITOR’S RESPONSIBILITY.
The write – up looks into “bank distress, nature and cause, implication and associated auditor’s responsibilities”. The importance of banks in the economy cannot be over emphasized bank occupy a critical place in a complex financial system that supplies the money and credit needed for the economy. The development of banking system is seen by both the banking institutions and non – banks financial institution as a critical factor in economic development.
However, the ability of banks to promote growth and development depends on the extent to which financial transactions are carried out with trust and confidence and least risk.
Auditors have the responsibility of examining the book of account of any given company or establishment and express their views on the truthfulness and fairness of the accounts whether properly accounting record have been kept by the company and whether the company balance sheet and its profit and loss accounts is in agreement with the company records and returns.
It is this auditing role of the auditor that breeds the trust and confidence that banks need meanwhile. Public confidence and trust in the banking system way be shaken by banks failures with adverse consequence on the development process thus, the critical importance of banks in economy growth and development explain why each economy takes serious view of their failure.
1.1 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH PROBLEM
Not withstanding the important and efficiency on any organization there are always some deficiency which need some corrective measure to effectively achieve the overall aim of the organization.
· Fraud is one major problem which faces the banking sector. Most bank distresses are cursed by frauds either from customers or from internal factors e.g. Auditors, managers, accountants etc.
· One of the problems of the Nigerian financial system is that of lack of inadequate legal regulatory framework for an effective regulation and supervision of the banking system as well as non bank financial institution.
· Also, some commercial banks are run as personal enterprise. In such cases the proprietor makes drawings as and when he pleases, which eventually result in lack of capital and distress.
Furthermore, records are sometimes not properly kept and accounts not properly balanced, all these bring about inefficiency.
Therefore, this research project is going to loss at bank distress:
If these responsible for bank failure a be tried in the failed bank tribunal and punished according.
1.2 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
· To examine the role of auditors in the audit of banks
· To asses forms of bank distress.
· To examine the causes of bank distress
· To show the implication bank distress to the economy
· To determine if the external auditors are label for distress of their chain bank
· To recommend remedies to current bank distress
1.3 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The choice and design of this research work has been made in such a way to educate and inform all and sundry, most especially e.g.
· The general public
· Further researchers
Bank sectors should assume its role in the growth and development of the economy
This will help them to determine the scope of the organization by a given sector
The general public
This will help them to unable over bank distress
This project topic is open to further research and further researcher could use this project work as a point of reference for consultations
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
As explained earlier, this project seeks to know the problem of bank distress: nature, cause, implication and associated auditor responsibilities. This will however be discussed in relations to the banks.
The gener4al concept therefore, is the problem confronting the bank distress and the method of resolving those problems.
1.5 LIMIATION OF THE STUDY
Based on the importance of the write up, it would have been imperative to obtain information from a wider segment of the economy. So many factors are responsive for the limitation of this study, they are as follows –
As a student there was not enough capital to spend in transport and fact finding and borrowing of necessary literature that would have helped in the writing of the research work.
The respondent, especially the branch manager, did not co-operation as was expected. Also this workers in the different department visited were as well reluctant in answering some of the question asked.
In a study of this nature, one would like to accumulate data from areas. But, in view of length of time allowed for this research such a wide range sample study was external difficult. This research work was therefore concentrated its field work in Enugu metropolis.
1.6 DEFINITIONOF TERM
This is defined as an examination investigation, and an exercise carried out aon a statement of account which have be4en prepared to check the truthfulness of the transaction recorded.
CC NWABUEZE 2004/ 2005
This is define as a impartial critic appointed to verify financial or other statement of account and to satisfy himself that statement exhibits a correct view of the affairs of the biz or organization concerned.
BASIC AUDIT PRINCIPLE BY C.C NWABUEZE
This is the independent appraisal activity within an organization for the review of the accounting, financial and other operation as a basis for protective and constructive service of management.
BASIC AUDIT PRINCIPEL BY CC NWABUEZE
When a bank is unable to meet the Bank examination system (came) is clarified as being distressed.
JOHN ORJIH 2003 / 2004
This is used to refer to irregularities involving the use of criminal deception to obtain an unjust or illegal benefit. Elements of baking by
This is defined as a conscious or deliberate effort at obtaining unlawful financial advantage at the detriment of another person who is the rightful owner of the fund.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria