Full Project-AN EVALUATION OF IMPACT OF COMPUTERIZED ACCOUNTING SYSTEM.
Click here to Get this Complete Project Chapter 1-5
This research was carried out on the topic, problem and prospect of the computerized Accounting system in Nigeria Banks. Using the United Bank for Africa (UBA) Nigeria Plc, Ahmadu Bello way branch as a case study. The researcher intention was to find out how the use of the computerized accounting system is of benefit to Nigerian Banks to know whether the computerized accounting system can increase the speed at which withdrawals and deposits are made, to know the extent to which banks’ staff have acquired the knowledge for the proper application of the system and to find out the problems associated with the use of the system. To achieve these, the researcher made use of both primary and secondary sources of data. The primary source of data used for this work were the questionnaire and interview though the questionnaire was mainly used. It was administered on the total number of staff in the processing department of the bank i.e. the sample size for this work. The sample size was ninety five (95). That is to say there were ninety five (95) employees in the processing department of UBA Nigeria Plc, Ahmadu Bello way Branch. The questions asked in the questionnaire were based on the research questions answers to which were not 40 positive. That is to say, though a large variable of the respondents responded positively, some had opposite views. All said and dome, the researcher came up with findings, that the use of the computerized accounting system had improved the effectiveness of the banks operating. It has also increased the speed at which customers of the bank can make deposit or withdrawal. The findings of this research project also had it that employees of the bank still need to be trained in computer technology so as to increase their knowledge of computer operation. Some problems found out be associated with the use of the system where the issues of fraudulent transactions which can be done easily without being detected through the computer, unauthorized transaction and change in programme instructions so as to affect some accounting information. After concluding that the use of the computerized accounting system had done good to the banking sector of Nigeria considering the positive changes witnessed by banks in Nigeria since its introduction, we recommended that Nigerian banks diverse. Their resources into implementing modern computer based system. They should try to meet up with their foreign counterparts who are applying more advanced computer technology in their operations. Banks in Nigeria should develop means or ways of detecting fraudulent transactions. That might be committed by same employees and also provide opportunities from time-to-time for their staff to go for computer training and skills improvement.
1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
During the primitive age very little or no notes were taken into proper record especially those activities and transactions involving money. The records and notes were usually taken either in memory (human being) or some marks on the ground or trees. As man developed from this primitive era to more complex economic society, there occurs notable growth and expansion in his way of life and activities he undertakes. During this time, the most disturbing problems that man faced was that there were no accounts and records. Being properly kept and stored. These therefore allow for inefficiency and breach of contract and trust. The more developed man became the more the need for systematic record keeping and storage. The complexity of the society lead to chronological order of manual development in record keeping. Important records can be kept manually for future use but still in tedious way. At a more technological era, more work was done in the accounting system. Accuracy, efficiency and durability became pressing problems that faced the manually kept and processed records in the accounting system, hence the development and introduction of electronic mechanical machine into the accounting system became very vital. A systematic technological advancement however gradually gave birth to what is known today as the computer.
A computer is an electronic device capable of accepting data as input, applying prescribed processes on such data and giving out an output which is called information, computer can also be said to be a machine that manipulates in accordance with given rules in a pre-determined manner. It is an electronic device that is used to process complex and variety of data within the shortest possible time: This is because it has very high speed of operation. Data can get into the computer for processing via the input devices such as keyboards, diskette, CD Rom, punch cards, flash drive etc. the actual processing of data within the shortest possible time: this is because it has very high speed of operation. Data can get into the computer for processing via the input devices such as keyboard, diskette, CD Rom, punch cards, flash drive etc. the actual processing of data takes place in the arithmetic and logical unit (ALU). The control unit (CU) is where all the activities of a computer system are being monitored or coordinated and planned. There also is the memory that is the unit in charge of storing or keeping all data or information in a computer system for a long and short period of time. This storage is made possible under the supervision of the ROM and RAM. There are various types of computers. They are classified as either analogue, digital or hybrid computers. A computer can also be a single purpose computer or a general purpose one. The computer is being used as an accounting device to perform various types of routine oice jobs which formerly required the services of the clerical oicer. Where the computer is installed and used eectively. It could perform payroll calculations, update accounts receivable and payable, control inventories, process insurance data, prepare dividend, keeping depositors accounts, distribute costs and expenses. Accounting system in common use ranges from simple system in which accounting records are maintained by hand to sophisticated system on magnetic disk. The accounting to be used in any given company should be well tailored to the size and to the information need of the business in a computer based accounting system, he accountant need only to enter the data needed for the computer to prepare journal entries. All the writings and postings to general ledger and subsidiary accounts are then handled by the computer.
Computer being a new remarkable thing in the banking system in the country has increased the rate of which financial records such as ledger, customers accounts, balance sheets etc. are prepared. Since there immemorial banks usually process information such as calculations of money, updating of customers account etc manually, or with the aid of pocket calculators. In recent times, the number of customer operation account with the banks have increased. As a result of this, banks there fore decided to employee a means through which information can be processed eiciently and to ensure reliability in a speedy manner and this therefore initiated the introduction of computer operation into the banking system. Many Nigeria banks had since computerized their system of accounting, UB Nigeria Plc is not an exception. It is therefore expected that by now the computerized accounting system whole have increased the speed in the deposit and withdrawal of money from the UB Nigeria Plc Ahmadu Bellow Way branch. It is also expected that this system would be of immense benefit to the bank and that sta of the bank especially the cashiers would have by now, acquired the necessary skills that would enable them perform effectively using the computer. Apart from these, the UB is expected to have discovered problems (if there are) associated with the use of computerized system of accounting.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Banks in Nigeria have been using the computerized accounting system in their day-to-day activities. The UB had adopted this system also. The efficiency however of using this system by banks in Nigeria needs to be ascertained alongside its problems. Identifying how efficient the computerized accounting system has being would go a long way in accessing it i.e. knowing the advantage and disadvantage associated with it. Also one can be able to conclude that their advantage out numbered its disadvantage or their disadvantage over-power it advantages. Beside this, one can also have an insight on how Nigerian banks had change or improved over the years in terms of efficiency and accuracy since the introduction of the computerized accounting system. Into Nigerian banks the following therefore are the problems that promoted the undertaking of this research study. They include:
1. Persistent system failure hinders the effective rendering of service to customers.
2. Break down or temporary lack of service in the system also act the operation of the bank.
3. Manipulation of the computers by the sta with the attempt to defraud the bank also make important eect on the operation of the bank.
4. Frequent changes in the computer packages and without proper and adequate training also act the operation of the bank.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
In every organization, either private, public volumes of paper work are being created daily and these volume of paper represents data that must be processed. This study will highlight the ways the computer has help to minimize the work load this study is also aimed at highlighting the problems of computerized accounting system, (if there are) in UB Nigeria Plc Ahamadu Bello way branch where manual eorts are being replaced with computerized activities. It is also the aim of this study to find out how the computerized accounting system has assisted the bank in achieving their goals and objectives. This work would also analyze the prospects of the use of the computerized accounting system in modern banking.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The research questions were chosen to be used by the researcher instead of formulating hypothesis. This study will attempt to provide answers to the following research questions.
1. Do you agree that your organization has training policy?
2. Do you agree that the type of training and development undertaken by an employee determine his/her present and future position?
3. Do you agree that the training policy of your organization is satisfy able?
4. Do you agree that poor performance necessitates training of sta in your organization?
5. Do you agree that the need to improve sta skills and ability is what necessitate training of sta in your organization?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study would enable the researcher to pass their experience on the subject matter i.e. the problems and prospects of computerized accounting system in Nigeria banks to the concerned organization i.e. UB Plc, Ahmadu Bello way branch so as to enable them be more conversant with any problem that might be identified as a result of the use of the computerized accounting system. The findings of this research work will also serve as reference for academic endeavour to lecturers and students and also help customers of banks who would want to know about some advantages and disadvantages (if any) of the use of the computerized accounting system.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study focuses on identifying the benefits that accursed to Nigeria banks as a result of the use of the computerized accounting system. It also tries to figure out any problem associated with the use of this system. Considering the time frame within which this work is to be completed and other factors; the researcher have decided to limit is work on the UB Nigeria Plc, Ahamadu Bello way branch. The research will cover UB Ahmadu Bello way branch Kaduna.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
Click here to Get this Complete Project Chapter 1-5
You can also check other Research Project here:
1, Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria