Full Project-AN EVALUATION OF FINANCIAL PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF PRIVATIZATION IN THE NIGERIA ECONOMY
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The privatization programme of the fist phase was said to benefit many Nigerians who were given the opportunity to purchase shares offered for sale by way of public offer. Subscription of shares during the phase one was largely successful with many public offers. However, there were a large number of Nigerian citizens who due to difficult economic realities in their present time were unable to put aside a few thousand naira required to purchase a small share holding in the enterprises which were offered for sale in the course of the privatization programme.
Recently, the federal government have come up with a means whereby the low-income earners and rural dwellers will participate in the on-going privatization programme. Today, banks have been instructed to give out loans without collaterals for the purchase of share up to N10,000 worth of shares within each five year period. This is being carried out by privatization share purchase loan scheme (PSPLS) which requires that one registers and later apply for share purchase and repayment on be through divided, cash, conversion of bonuses and right and sale of all or part of their allotments in the secondary market. This new development in the privatization programmer early motivated me to carry out a project research on the topic: “The problems and prospects of privatization in Nigeria” using Nigeria Breweries Plc as case study. In such direction I am of the opinion that at the end of the work, it will instigate the reader to participate in the on-going privatization programme.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
This research work is embarked upon to escertain the financial problems and prospects of privatization in Nigeria using Nigeria Breweries Plc as case study. Nigeria Breweries Plc started operation in the precolonial days with limited share holding of the public recently became one among the public limited companies mapped out for privatization in the countries by the federal government under the commercialization and privatization Act.
To get the plan achieved, it was discovered that finance poses a great challenge to the successful implementation of privatization in many developing countries especially Nigeria; hence, federal government issued directives to bank to give out loan without stringent condition for the purchase of shares up to N10,000 worth of shares.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The research work is meant to achieve the following objectives:
To find out if lack of funds for the purchase of shares a problem for successful privatization.
To determine if there is limiting problem in the privatization of government enterprises in Nigeria.
To ascertain if there are other financial problems in on-going privatization programme.
To ascertain if privatization of government interprises a good option for development in Nigeria.
To determine if privatization will help to improve the economic growth of the country.
To make recommendation based on the research finding.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION:
Is lack of funds for the purchase of share a problem for successful privatization?
Is there liquidity problems in the privatization of government enterprises in Nigeria?
Are there other financial problems in the on-going privatization programme?
Is privatization of government enterprises a good option for development in Nigeria? Will privatization help to improve the economic growth of the country?
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES:
Ho: Funds for the purchase of shares is not a problem for successful privatization.
Hi: Funds for the purchase of shares is a problem for successful privatization.
Ho: Widespread illiteracy in the country is not a problem for successful privatization
Hi: Widespread illiteracy in the country is problem for successful privatization.
Ho: Statistical data is not a problem for successful privatization programme.
Hi: Lack of statistical data is a problem for successful privatization programme.
1.6 SIGNIFICATION OF THE STUDY
The study is significance as it tends to create awareness of privatization especially on the enterprises stated for privatization in the phase. Educate Nigeria on how to be part of the privatization programme. Educate Nigerians on the benefits of privatization. Encourage them to buy shares from firms stated for privatization. Show how privatization would help improve the economic situations of the country and reduce the dependence of companies on the national treasuring as well as promote share ownership in companies instead of foreign ownership. Help those who will use the research project as one of their reference materials on issues concerning privatization in Nigeria such as students, government functionaries, as well as parties interested in privatizations in Nigeria. Encourage readers and interested parties to fully participate.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
In the course of this work, there are certain terms that will be used and there is the need to understand these words. They include:
1. Privatization: Privatization is the taking over or acquisition of previously government owned business enterprises by private individuals or groups. It involves the sale of formerly public enterprises to private individuals or groups.
2. Commercialization: Commercialization is an economic concept in which government owned business are expected to pay their way. That is, they have to cover their costs of production from the revenue they derive after sales.
3. Nationalization: Nationalization means the taking over or acquisition of previously private owned business enterprises by the government for ownership and control.
4. Shares: Shares means equitable part of the companies privatized. It is an interest in financial terms which one has in comparing.
5. Enterprises: This is a company or business that is stated for privatization.
6. Financial Problems: Financial problems, here are difficulties in monetary terms that is being encountered in the process of privatization which may cause a problem in the success of privatization programme. These may include, lack of funds for purchase of shares, mismanagement of funds, Prices of shares,
7. Finance: Finance is money, funds or revue available for the purpose of privatization. Here the problems of finance in privatization are on both the government as well as interested parties in the privatization process.
8. Loan: This is a source of funds that involves borrowing from banks for the purchases of shares of privatized firms.
9. Liquidity: This is the measure of an organizational qualification in monetary terms used to meet its financial obligations.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria