Full Project-AN ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFECT OF MOTIVATION ON WORKERS PERFORMANCE: A CASE STUDY OF NIKE LAKE, RESORT ENUGU)
Click here to Get this Complete Project Chapter 1-5
This research work is on the assessment of the effect of motivation on workers, performance taking Nike Lake Resort Enugu as a case study. A sample size of one hundred and eighty two respondents were selected through cluster and simple random techniques. Thirteen research questions were formulated for the study and the method of data collection used were interview, questionnaire and other relevant material. Some research findings were made among which include that 1.The management of an organization should be praised for the little effort they made towards motivating their workers. 2.The workers must be encouraged to make their contribution towards the achievement of the organization goals as a positive one. 3. It should be made very clear in the mind of the management of the organization that motivation is an essential and important tool for increasing the productivity of workers.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Over some years ago, psychologists, managers and students of management have given increased concern to the need for human motivation at the work place. They found this concept useful to both explaining human behaviour, particularly in work situations to increase the productivity of workers. The purpose of motivation is to increase one’s performance and to attain a standard of excellence in any endeavour. Managers in all types of organization are continually faced with the problem of vast differences that exists in then performance or output of individual workers. Some employees often perform at high level and need little or no supervision and appear to enjoy what they are doing; other employees perform only at marginal levels and require constant attention and direction and are often absent from their duty posts.
The reasons for these differences in performance area varied and complex involving the nature of job, the behaviour of the manager and the characteristics of the workers. The big question is, how can the manager maintain the high performance of the first group and also increase that of those producing marginally, when it comes to being highly highly productive on the job, to performing with little or no direction and to being a real contributor to the organization. What can one usually say is the cause? Does money count first i.e. –The desire to draw bigger pay pocket? or is it the sheer enjoyment of being part of a busy cooperative-professional team that makes some employees perform high?. It has been recently shown that this variation caused by the motives of workers, whether the employees or managers are high or low in achievement, motivation makes a real difference in the effectiveness of financial incentives. Several studies have shown that offering additional financial reward for doing a task does not make a strongly-achievement-oriented person to work hard or better.
A group of aggressive-achievement-mudded salesmen would certainly be angry if their extra efforts were not recognized with much greater financial reward. Yet offering them bonus is not what produces the extra effort. This may seen like a psychological distinction without a difference, but the genuinely affects performance. People with relatively low achievement motivation, on the other hand, will work harder for increased financial rewards. However, does the money got by doing it interest them primarily as a measure of accomplishment? Rather, it has other value for them. In contemporary times some organization in Enugu Urban have been enjoying a situation of high productivity, efficiency and effectiveness in their work performance while some have not been able to find their feet. The situation becomes more glaring when take a look at the private organization.
Motivation is about understanding the weds which prompts employee in organization to do things and providing of help. Also a person who is well motivated usually work hard and have self-directed behaviour towards important goals. Therefore this research work is designed to assess the effect of motivation on the performance of the workers in Nike Lake Resort (protean Hotel) Enugu. The findings will help to evaluate the problems and prospects of the organization in the area of motivation and to suggest ways of improving the workers. It is only through the effective performance of the employees that returns from investment can be achieved. This is why it is necessary to know how they are being motivated to work and achieve their organization’s objectives.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The phenomenon of productivity and inefficiency creates a lot of problem in business organization. No business organization can achieve its set objective in terms of profit, survival, growth, continuity and the ability to compete favorably with other organization when its workers are not performing as expected. Nike lake Resort (Protea Hotel) Enugu will be faced with the above problems if better attention is not given to the employees and motivational strategies set towards organizational goals. Surviving and competiting favorably with other organizations will be null and void if its employees are not motivated and this will result to the failure of the organization and also not maximizing its profit.
Researchers have shown that major reason why workers in business organization perform below expectation is as a result of not being adequately motivated. As a result of the above, the researcher is looking into various means through which business organization can motivate their workers towards performing well and the effect of motivational strategies to enhance the performance of the workers in Nike Lake Resort (Protea Hotel) Enugu.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
In order to carryout a successful work, the researcher has to be able to identify the problem concerned with the subject matter.
(1) Identify how motivation serves as a management tool for increasing the performance of workers.
(2) Examine the extent in which the worker’s of some organization benefits from the motivational tools adopted by their management.
(3) Find out the type of relationship existing between the management and their workers.
(4) Identify the ways or means through which the business organization motivates their workers.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Since the effect of motivation cannot be emphasized. It becomes very necessary to date that those at the top of affairs in every organization should at all times motivate their workers.
This research therefore limits itself tom the effects of motivation on workers, performance. Some of the effect of motivation on workers, performance includes.
(1) Increased productivity-when a worker is adequately motivated, the result is a very positive one on the organization. It increases the productivity level of the organization.
(2) Increases participation of a worker towards the actualization of the organizational goals.
(3) Raising the morale of workers-motivation will raise the morale of a worker effectively and this lead to increased participation and high productivity.
(4) Foster industrial harmony-when workers are adequately motivated it fosters the peaceful relationship between the workers in the organization.
1.5 DEFINITION OF TERMS
There are some unique and difficult words used in this project. However, they are carefully explained for easy clarifications and comprehension of their meanings and the context in which they are applied.
MOTIVATION: This simple means ensuring appropriate behaviour of workers in an organization by providing an environment in which people can satisfy their human needs through both their work and work environment. Motivation can be inform of promotion, bonus, performance appraisal, salary increment, provision of fringe benefits etc.
Huczynski and Buchaman (1985) defined motivation as “a decision-making process through which the individual chooses desired outcomes and sets in motion the behaviour appropriate to acquiring them.
MANAGEMENT: This is the co-ordination of human and material resources in an organization to achieve management goals. Umoh (1996) defined management as a process by which people (managers) create, direct, maintain and operate purposive organization through systematic co-operative human effort. It is also the process of getting things done by using other people to achieve a set of objective.
EMPLOYEE: Is a person that is being employed by an employer in a business.
EMPLOYER: Is a person who has the right to employ an employee in a business organization.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
Click here to Get this Complete Project Chapter 1-5
You can also check other Research Project here:
1, Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria