Full Project-AN APPRAISAL OF THE CURRENT IMPLICATION OF PRIVATISATION OF NIGERIA TELECOMMUNICATION LIMITED (NITEL)
AN APPRAISAL OF THE CURRENT IMPLICATION OF PRIVATISATION OF NIGERIA TELECOMMUNICATION LIMITED (NITEL);
(A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU ZONAL DISTRICT)
This research project is a very crucial and well timed study for the Nigeria telecommunication limited. More especially now people are still thinking whether to accept or reject privatization of any sector.
To solve the research problem the data which was presented, analyzed and it shows that privatization of Nigeria telecommunication limited will work out if Nigeria government will find a better and qualified management team that will be better than the PENCE SCOPE TEAM
The data shows that most of the respondent agreed that privatization of Nigeria telecommunication limited would improve the financial state of the organization and it will also improve productivity and overall efficiency with the help of expatriates that will be managing it if it is well privatized.
A research of this type could not be completed successfully without the help of some people. In respect of that and with immense gratitude the researcher indebted to all Sunday who through one way or the other contributed to the successful throughout my OND programme.
I thank the Almighty God the inspire of wisdom I would like to give thanks to my understanding supervisor Mr. Nebuife who despite the “institute multi thinking (IMT) found time to go through with the research work and also thanks to Mr. Agbo Ojemba my Head of department and other lecturers in the department.
I also express my invaluable gratitude to my parent Mr. And Mrs. J Ogbodo my eldest brother Mr. Okey Ogbodo Mr. Onyebuch Ogbodo and all my sister for backing me through my OND programme.
Finally my thanks also goes to Mr. Brian Omene who is working with NETEL and all the respondents who filled and submitted the questionnaire I used on this project and to my friend Mr. Owusi Chukwudi
May God bless them all.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of content
1.1 General background to the subject matter
1.2 Problem associated with the subject matter
1.3 Problem that the study will be concerned with
1.4 The important of studying the area
1.5 Definition of important terms
2. LITERATURE REVIEW
2.1 The origin of the subject area
2.2 Schools of though within the subject area
2.3 The school of though relevant to the problems of study
2.4 Different method of studying the problem
3.1 Data presentation
3.2 Analysis of the data
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The problem associated with state- owned enterprises and monopolies are not peculiar to Nigeria it is true that many developing countries have overcome the problems through a well designed and simple minded pursuit of privatization.
It is important to observe that the was a times when it was considered sound economic policy for government to establish and invest in statutory corporations and state owned companies socialism existed side be side with capitalism. It is also good to note that it took many years to accomplish the privatization of British telecoms which is regarded as a world leader by all standards (business times Dec 3-9,2001.
According to Enugu (1991:191) the fact that state owned business enterprise have failed woefully in Nigeria cannot be doubted.
Most of the problem that associate with Nigeria telecommunication limited are:
1. Most of the manager is NITEL Enugu zonal district take advantage of their position to gain at the expense of the organization through misappropriation of funds embezzlement favouritism and bad leadership
2. The constant and persistent changes in the management team of NITEL has had far reaching effects on the performance of the organizaiton
3. The problem of power tussle and internal problems exist between the management team and even among other employees of NITEL.
4. The Nigeria telecommunication limited are equipped with wrong and obsolete technological equipments hardly serviceable exchange switches.
5. Lack of maintenance and mismanagement of facilities and human resources.
1.3 PROBLEMS THAT THE STUDY WILL BE CONCERNED WITH
The study will be concerned on many change concerning the privatization of Nigeria telecommunication limited.
1. The first problem the study will be concerned on is privatization of Nigeria telecommunication limited will change the quality of
2. The second problem is the problem of increase in tariffs imposed on customers
3. The third problem the study will be concerned with is the problem of financial management of the organizaiton.
4. The fourth problem is the problem of loss of job by the staff.
1.4 THE IMPORTANCE OF STUDYING THE AREA
The study is very timely especially today that all hand are on deck to enhance the development and growth of Nigeria’s economy through privatization of some sectors.
It was expected that the new management of NITEL the PENTESCOPE Telecommunication will revive the organization by changing and study some of the problems of the organizaiton.
Federal government of Nigeria after accessing their performance found out that the new to the sector.
Finally the federal government retrieved the contract agreement and fined them the study will help out to seek for another company that can bid for the contract and also help create job for indigenes of this country
1.5 DEFINITION OF IMPORTANT TERMS
ENTERPRISE: Business activity developed and managed by individual rather than the state the ability imagination and desire to create out new project or activities
MANAGEMENT: The control and making of decision in a business or similar organizaiton. The process of dealing with or controlling people or thing.
PRIVATISATION: It is the transfer of some shares from state control or ownership private ownership.
Akin- George, J (1988) Privatization and Commercialization Design and
Implementation for Effective Result.
Enudu T.O (1999) Business Policy An Introduction Analysis New General
Nation Council on Imperative of Privatization”
Privatization (1999) A Statement by President Olusegu Obasanjo on the
Occasion of the Inauguration of Nation Council on Privatization Abuja
The Sun Newspaper (2005) Revoke of Contract Agreement form PENT
SCOPE Page 4
Udeh Mike (2001) NITEL Privatization: an Analysis Business Times
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria