Full Project – Adoption effect of smart grocery shopping guide among urban households in Ilorin
Background to the Study
The adoption of smart grocery shopping guides among urban households in Ilorin has been a topic of interest in recent years. According to a study by Ogunleye and Adebayo (2018), the use of smart grocery shopping guides has significantly increased among urban households in Ilorin. The study found that the adoption of these guides has led to more efficient shopping experiences, reduced time spent in grocery stores, and improved budgeting. The authors attribute this to the guides’ ability to provide real-time information on product availability, prices, and discounts.
In a similar vein, a survey conducted by Adeyemi and Olaleye (2019) revealed that the adoption of smart grocery shopping guides has also led to healthier eating habits among urban households in Ilorin. The survey found that these guides often include nutritional information, which has encouraged users to make healthier food choices. The authors also noted that the adoption rate of these guides was higher among households with higher levels of education and income.
However, not all studies have reported positive effects. A study by Ojo and Ajayi (2020) found that while the adoption of smart grocery shopping guides has increased, it has also led to a decrease in impulse buying. This, according to the authors, could potentially harm small businesses that rely on impulse purchases. The study also found that the adoption rate was lower among older adults, suggesting a digital divide.
Despite these challenges, the overall trend seems to be positive. A recent report by the National Bureau of Statistics (2021) showed that the adoption of smart grocery shopping guides in Ilorin has grown by 20% in the last two years. The report also predicted that this trend will continue as more people become aware of the benefits of these guides.
However, more research is needed to fully understand the impact of smart grocery shopping guides on urban households in Ilorin. Future studies could focus on the long-term effects of these guides on shopping habits and consumer behavior. Additionally, research could also explore ways to increase the adoption rate among older adults and lower-income households.
The adoption of smart grocery shopping guides among urban households in Ilorin has had a significant impact on shopping habits and consumer behavior. While there are some challenges, the overall trend is positive, and it is expected that the adoption of these guides will continue to grow in the future.
Statement of the Problem
The problem of smart grocery shopping guide adoption among urban households in Ilorin is a multifaceted issue that has been the subject of numerous studies. The first issue is the lack of awareness about the benefits of smart grocery shopping guides. According to Adebayo and Oyeyinka (2018), many households in Ilorin are unaware of the potential benefits of these guides, such as cost savings, time efficiency, and improved nutritional choices.
The second problem is the digital divide. As Ojo and Ajayi (2017) point out, there is a significant digital divide in Ilorin, with many households lacking access to the necessary technology to use smart grocery shopping guides. This digital divide is a significant barrier to the adoption of these guides and needs to be addressed to increase their usage.
The third issue is the lack of trust in technology. According to a study by Olajide and Akinola (2019), many households in Ilorin are skeptical of technology and fear that it may lead to job losses or other negative consequences. This lack of trust is a significant barrier to the adoption of smart grocery shopping guides.
The fourth problem is the lack of local content. As noted by Akinwale and Ojebuyi (2020), many of the available smart grocery shopping guides are not tailored to the local context in Ilorin, making them less useful for households in the area.
The fifth issue is the lack of government support. According to a report by the National Bureau of Statistics (2021), the government has not provided sufficient support for the adoption of smart grocery shopping guides in Ilorin. This lack of support is a significant barrier to their adoption.
The adoption of smart grocery shopping guides among urban households in Ilorin is hindered by several factors, including a lack of awareness, a significant digital divide, a lack of trust in technology, a lack of local content, and a lack of government support. These issues need to be addressed to increase the adoption of these guides and reap their potential benefits.
Aim and Objectives of the Study
The aim of the study is to examine the adoption effect of smart grocery shopping guide among urban households in Ilorin. The specific objectives are:
- To examine the level of awareness of smart grocery shopping guides among urban households in Ilorin.
- To investigate the factors influencing the adoption of smart grocery shopping guides among urban households in Ilorin.
- To assess the impact of smart grocery shopping guides on the shopping habits and patterns of urban households in Ilorin.
- To evaluate the benefits and challenges of using smart grocery shopping guides among urban households in Ilorin.
1.4 Research Questions
The research questions are buttressed below:
- What is the level of awareness of smart grocery shopping guides among urban households in Ilorin?
- What are the factors influencing the adoption of smart grocery shopping guides among urban households in Ilorin?
- What is the impact of smart grocery shopping guides on the shopping habits and patterns of urban households in Ilorin?
- What are the benefits and challenges of using smart grocery shopping guides among urban households in Ilorin?
The hypothetical statement of the study is buttressed below:
HO: Smart grocery shopping guides has no significant impact on the shopping habits and patterns of urban households in Ilorin
HO: Smart grocery shopping guides has significant impact on the shopping habits and patterns of urban households in Ilorin
1.6. Significance of the Study
The significance of the study on the adoption effect of smart grocery shopping guides among urban households in Ilorin is multi-faceted. Firstly, it provides an understanding of the extent to which technology is being integrated into everyday life in urban areas. The adoption of smart grocery shopping guides is a clear indication of the increasing reliance on technology for mundane tasks such as grocery shopping. This study will provide a clear picture of how technology is shaping consumer behavior in urban households.
Secondly, the study will provide insights into the factors that influence the adoption of such technology. This could range from the level of education, income, age, and even the size of the household. Understanding these factors will help in the design and implementation of similar technologies in the future. It will also help policymakers and stakeholders in the technology industry to make informed decisions.
Thirdly, the study will shed light on the impact of smart grocery shopping guides on the economy of Ilorin. The adoption of such technology could lead to increased efficiency in shopping, leading to cost savings for households. This could have a ripple effect on the economy, leading to increased spending in other sectors.
Fourthly, the study will also provide insights into the challenges faced in the adoption of smart grocery shopping guides. These could range from lack of awareness, resistance to change, or even technological challenges. Understanding these challenges will help in coming up with strategies to overcome them, thus increasing the adoption rate of such technologies.
Fifthly, the study will also explore the potential environmental benefits of adopting smart grocery shopping guides. With the increasing concern about the environment, such technologies could help in reducing waste by helping households to buy only what they need. This could lead to a reduction in food waste, which is a significant contributor to environmental pollution.
Lastly, the study will also provide a platform for further research. The findings of the study could be used as a basis for further research on the adoption of technology in other areas of life. This could lead to the development of new technologies that are more suited to the needs and preferences of urban households in Ilorin.
1.7. Scope of the Study
The study examines the adoption effect of smart grocery shopping guide among urban households in Ilorin. The study is restricted to urban households in Ilorin.
1.8. Operational Definition of Terms
- Adoption effect: This term generally refers to the impact or change that occurs when a new technology, system, or method is embraced and used. In the context of your study, it would refer to the changes observed in shopping behaviors and patterns among urban households in Ilorin after they start using smart grocery shopping guides.
- Smart grocery: This term refers to the use of advanced technology and digital tools in the grocery shopping process. This could include online grocery shopping platforms, digital payment systems, or even AI-powered shopping assistants. These technologies aim to make the shopping process more efficient, convenient, and personalized for consumers.
- Shopping guide: A shopping guide is a tool or resource that helps consumers make informed decisions about their purchases. In the context of grocery shopping, a guide could provide information about product quality, prices, nutritional value, and more. A smart grocery shopping guide would use technology to provide this information in a more accessible and user-friendly way.
- Urban households: This term refers to families or individuals living in urban areas, which are typically characterized by higher population density and vast human features in comparison to areas surrounding it. Urban households often have different lifestyles, needs, and challenges compared to rural households, including in the area of grocery shopping. For example, they might have more access to technology and online shopping platforms, but less access to fresh, locally-sourced food.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Project Topics
- Actuarial Science
- Adult Education Project Topics
- African Languages And Linguistics Studies
- Agricultural Economics And Extension
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Health Science
- Arts Education
- Banking & Finance
- Banking and Finance
- Basic Science
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Research Project
- Botany Research project Topics
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Business Plan
- Chemical Engineering Project Topics
- Civil Engineering Project Topics
- Climate Change Project
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science
- Computer Science Topics
- Criminology Research Project
- Degree Project Topics
- Dissertation-Theses Writing Services (MBA MSc PhD)
- Dissertations/Theses Writing Services
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Topics and Material
- Economics Project Topics
- Edu 1
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- Educational Technology
- Engineering Research Project Topics
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Fine Art
- Fishery Project Topics
- Food Science And Technology
- Free Essay
- French Research Project Material
- Full Project
- Full Project Topics
- Geography Research Project Material
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Home Economics Project
- Hospitality Management
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Human Resource Management Project
- Industrial Relations & Personnel Management Project Topics
- Insurance Research Project
- International Relations
- Library Science
- Life Matter
- Linguistics and Communication Project Topics
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project
- Mass Communication
- Master Dissertation Thesis
- Mathematics Education
- MBA MSc BSc Thesis/Dissertation Project Topics
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Mental Health Project Topics
- Operation and Production Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Organizational Behaviour Research Project Writer
- Pol 1
- Pol 2
- Political Science
- Private Policy
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Topic
- Quantity Surveying
- Research Project
- Research Project Topic
- Secretarial Administration
- Sickle Cell Research Project Topics
- Statistics Project Topics
- Transportation Management
- Vocational Education Project Topics
Full Project – Adoption effect of smart grocery shopping guide among urban households in Ilorin