Full Project- A STATISTICAL RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN STUDENTS COURSE OF STUDY AND THEIR ATTITUDE TOWARDS EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA
1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Educational development in Nigeria has over the period been treated with kid gloves. For a nation to be able to compete favorably with its contemporaries, a lot has to be done and invested in educating its citizenry. For Nigeria as a country to be judged educationally developed, a lot has to be done and this should start from the mindset of our youths as the development of education in Nigeria has to be sustained by this vibrant age grade in other to make a lasting impression on the fabrics of the nation. Educational development in Nigeria has to be a collective responsibility in other to realize this dream. Youths and adults must see it as a tool for economic development which must not be treated with kid gloves. The more interested our future leaders are in educational development the less the illiteracy rate in Nigeria. Over the period, Nigeria has witnessed a slow but steady rise in educational development spanning from the pre-colonial to the post-colonial dispensation. Our students are a principal agent in this onus task of educational development in Nigeria. Nigeria has made considerable progress in the domain of education. The educational system in the country is supervised by the state. There are 27 federal and state-owned polytechnics in Nigeria (Wikipedia, 2012). The first 6 years of primary education are mandatory in Nigeria.
Nigeria is making a steady progress in the development of education. Many universities and schools have been established by the state. However, much still needs to be done. Primary education in Nigeria is in the native language but brings in English in the third year (Akpan 2011). Higher Education has developed considerably over the years, which has resulted in a healthy literacy rate. For educational to be properly developed in Nigeria, our youths especially our undergraduates in the various institutions of higher learning must imbibe the culture or must be willing to give back to the educational sector by going back to the classrooms to assist. Though this may have been partially achieved by the compulsory national service where corp members are being deployed to the schools but this over the period has not yielded its desired result owing to the fact that they do not find the educational system in Nigeria attractive and entertaining. In other to minimize brain drain or capital flight in the educational sector in the country, government has that prerogative to ensure that the educational system is made as attractive as possible as this would help develop education in Nigeria which would in turn help us compete with our contemporaries all over the world.
1.2. STATEMENT OF THE GENERAL PROBLEM
Despite the recent development in the educational sector In Nigeria, some pressing issues have been a re occurring decimal in the problems surrounding educational development in Nigeria. Our youths who should be at the front burner in the nations development of the educational sector has suddenly grown cold in their quest for a better educational system and sector. The near stagnant nature of the educational sector has had its negative effect on other sectors of the economy. This malady has equally led to the drastic rise in terrorism as witnessed in some part of the country. All these and other unmentioned over bearing consequences has led us to this study in knowing the real causes behind the lack of interest of the youths in helping to develop education in Nigeria.
1.3. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The following are the objectives of this study:
Ø To know the relationship between students course of study and their attitude towards educational development in Nigeria.
Ø To know the real issues militating against educational development in Nigeria.
Ø To suggest ways of improving educational development in Nigeria.
Ø To know the mindset of the youths towards the nature of the educational sector in Nigeria.
1.4. RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. Is the educational sector in Nigeria developed?
2. How important is the educational sector in Nigeria.
3. Do students generally love to be employed into the educational sector in Nigeria?
4. Would you willingly want to be a stakeholder in the educational sector in country?
5. Has the educational sector improved overtime in Nigeria?
6. What are the ways the educational system can be made attractive to the youths?
1.5. RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
The following hypotheses will be tested to guide this study;
1. H0: there is no significant relationship between the course of study of students and their perception towards educational development in Nigeria.
H1: there is a significant relationship between the course of study of students and their perception towards educational development in Nigeria.
2. H0: poor educational development does not influence the general economy of Nigeria.
H1: poor educational development influences the general economy of Nigeria.
1.6. SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The following are the significance of this study:
Ø This study will unravel the unique relationship between the discipline of Nigeria’s undergraduates and their attitude or perception towards educational development.
Ø This research will also serve as a resource base to other scholars and researchers interested in carrying out further research in this field subsequently, if applied will go to an extent to provide new explanation to the topic
Ø This study would also suggest ways of making the educational sector more attractive to youths to help boost its development.
1.7. SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is on the relationship between undergraduates’ course of study and their perception towards educational development in Nigeria.
1.8. LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
1.9. Definition of Terms
Development: an event constituting a new stage in a changing situation.
Education: the process of receiving or giving systematic instruction, especially at a school
to Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria