Full Project – UTILIZATION OF RICE FOR PRODUCTION OF SNACKS AND BREAD
The primary aim of this project is to show the importance of Rice in our Country is embarked upon to examine the various ways in which Rice can be used for the production of snacks and bread in restaurant menu. Also to know the usefulness of rice and how it can be turned into fine flour to make snacks and bread.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title page i
Table of contents vi
1.0 Introduction 1
1.1 Historical Background 2
1.2 Statement of the study 4
1.3 Significant of the study 6
1.4 Aims and Objective 6
1.5 Scope and Limitation 7
1.6 Need for study 8
1.7 Definition of terms 8
- Literature review 10
3.0 Research Methodology 22
4.0 Analysis and Presentation of Data 28
- Summary 36
- Conclusion 39
- Recommendations 40
The word “Flour” is a fine powder obtained by grinding in our day to day activities. Flour is used in the production of snack, bread and all sorts of convenient food. Unfortunately, people think that wheat is the only cereal used in the production of flour.
Rice is defined by Webster’s dictionary (oryzasativa) as annual cereal grass widely cultivated for its seeds used for human food. It is one of the world’s most important food crops. Where it is eaten every day and sometimes twice a day, is undoubtedly next in order of importance to wheat as food crop.
The rice grain has approximately the same botanical structure as wheat grain.
Introducing local cereal i.e. rice as partial research work. The mixture of wheat and rice flour is know as “composite flour”. After the production, the end product might not be like wheat flour but as good as that of wheat and even more nutrition’s.
1.1 HISTORICAL BACKGROUND
Rice production originated in China, and was spread to countries such as Srilanka and India. It is believed that rice was brought to West Asia and Greece in 300 B.C. by Alexander the greats armies.
In 800 A.D, people in east Africa traded with people from India and Indonesia and were introduced to rice.
It is hard to say exactly how rice was brought over to North America. One story says that a damaged ship was forced to clock in the Carolinas. In return for repairs, the captain of the ship gave the colonizers a bag of rice. In addition, it is believed that slaver from Africa brought rice from their land. In 1700, 300 tons of American rice was shipped to England. After the civil war came to an end, Rice was produced all over the south. In the United States, rice is mainly grown in California, Mississippi, Texas, Arkansas, and Louisiana.
The United States has adopted new technology and machinery to produce rice. On average it takes about 7 man hours per acre to cultivate rice. In Asia, it can take 300 man hours to cultivate an care of rice. On average an American consumer around 25 pounds of rice a year. In parts of Asia a person can consumer between 200 and 400 pounds of rice a year.
Rice can be grown in a multitude of conditions it can be grown in desert lands as well as methods. The rice plant can grow to be between two and six feet tall.
There are different varieties of rice grown in the world. They differ in shape, size and colour of grains, the west Africa types of rice and brown, yellow and red. Before the introduction of Oryza saeiva some 67 years age, red rice derived form the indigenous West Africa Cultivated species Oryza. Glaberrima was grown and it is still grown on unprepared plan in Mali, Sierra Leone and Nigeria. Commercially, the two types of rice recognize and the white and red but generally the white types are preferred and bring much higher price in most markets.
Rice if best grown in the naturally humid condition provided by coanial plains and river basin and river Delta regions. It is sometimes grown on land which has been deliberately swamped to facilitate its cultivation.
Rice is eaten by man, cattle and poultry and is also use din the manufacture of starch and beer. Rice has good storage qualities and can be easily transported from one place to another.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The problem facing the integration of rice flour in the production of snacks is due to the following.
- Ignorance seems from the facts that some people are not knowledgeable due to poor orientation in the start of life. People have been so used to wheat flour and introducing another flour gotten from cereal a tuber crops, will be a great surprise because they always think that flour used for snacks can only be gotten from wheat and no other crop. Thereby purchasing of the rice flour will be minimized, because people will not know the proper way to use it, the proportion to use, to acquire a good output, in other words, ignorance make them think no other flour can be good as that of wheat flour.
- Time constraint people feel if we use our local product, processing will have to be considered, using our locally produced rice, stone will have to be removed first, then wash thoroughly to remove the remaining stones. It will then be dried in the sun, after which will be taken to grinding machine that will grind it in to fine flour, and this will take a lot of time.
Those that are impatient may not have the time for this processing. They will prefer the ready made flour (wheat flour) that can be easily bought in the market.
1.3 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The research work is intended to improve self reliance on our locally produced products and minimize if possible, the use of importated flour. E.g. wheat, barley oat etc. the proper incorporation of ingredient to produce quality and acceptable snacks that will increase sale while the cost of production automatically will reduce.
1.4 AIMS OF OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The aims and objective of this research work is to find out the various ways by which quality of diets based on which rice can be improved. This project work is therefore carried out to achieve the following aims.
- To produce variety of snacks and bread using composite flour (Rice + Flour)
- To create awareness on the uses of rice for production of snacks and bread in home and hotels.
iii. To examine the various cookery method in rice product
1.5 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This project work will be limited to the use of rice and little amount of wheat flour due to result of the following factors.
- Time constraints: Due to lack of time, only few of local product will be used.
- Lack of fund. Due to the fact that there is lack of fund, the project will be limited to some product.
iii. Seasonal occurrence : Due to the fact that some of our cash crops may be scarce at a particular period, only available ones will be used for this project work.
1.6 NEED FOR STUDY
The need for study of this project is to enlighten caterers and food handlers on how to use our local cereal crops i.e. rice in the production of flour and also to teach them on how to integrate this flour with other locally produced crop flour.
Finally to discourage food handlers or caterers on the excessive spending on wheat flour.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Cereal – A kind of grain
Composite flour – Mixture of two or more flour
Graminea – Scientific name for the class to which cereal and grain belong to.
Acreage – Area of a place of land measured in acreas
Perennial – Lasting through the whole year.
Irrigation – To supply water to dry land especially by providing with man-made streams.
Species – A group of plant that are of the same kind which are like in all important ways.
Nursery – An area where plants and trees are grown to be sold or planted in other places.
Transplanting – To move a plant from one place and plant in another.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria