Full Project-THE ROLE OF ACCOUNTANT IN MANAGING AND LIQUIDATING.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Banks plays crucial roles in the process of economic development by mobilizing funds from the surplus spending units into the economy, and by on. Lending such funds to the deficit spending units fro investment, banks increase I the process. The quantum of national savings and investments through an appropriate investments multiplier, the volume of goods and services produced in an economy increases overtimes as a result of the investment projects embarked upon through banks funds. Also through banks direct and indirect contributions towards the growth of the national economy, they (banks) succeed in promoting an efficient payment system, and in creating banking habits and in developing the society at large.
I intend to look at the possible reasons for bank distress and the effects of such failures on the rest of us before looking at “The Role of Accountant in Managing and Liquidating a Distress banks”.
A various times over the past five years of the structural adjustment programme (SAP) the banking industry had to cope with different types and forms of difficulties, all in a bid to record and sustain what one may call impressive performance we have for instance been at different times, the removal and late re-introduction of selling on interest rates. The seemingly nectarous and dreaded stabilization securities have also become one source of treasury management policy devotement that banks have learnt to live with. The term “distress” means great pains discomfort or serious sufferings caused by wants of money or mismanagement of money by bank officials which as we know is a complete relation of the trust reposed I them by innocent investors.
The role of accountant in managing and liquidating a distress banks are too much and cannot be over emphasized when liquidating a distress banks.
Accountants has to see that all the assets and liabilities of distress banks are being valued by expert values.
The accountant has to be fully involved in appointing an expert liquidator who would then sell the assets and liabilities of the distressed bank by means of auction to the general public.
In this case, it is not only that the property of the bank is being liquidated but also, the property of the debtors of the distressed bank. The liquidator has to fall back on the assets which the debtors of the bank used as their collateral when borrowing money from the bank.
The money being recovered from the proceed should be used to settle the creditors of the distressed banks. This is so because the bank has been turned “DISTRESS” by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) as a result of its inability to meet up with the stipulated guidelines of having of capital and non-marketable assets base.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
There are many problems which could eventually lead to bank
distress just as there are many possible causes of death of a human being.
Some of the problems are stated here but they are in no way exhaustive.
i. Bad management
ii. Inadequate capital
iii. Risk asset portfolio
iv. Assets and liabilities management
v. Boardroom crisis
vi. Inability to adopt to changes
viii. Planning etc.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The researcher is precisely focusing mainly on the objective
of the managing and liquidating a distress bank in the sense that she carried out her study which intend to ascertained how the property of the distress bank should be disposed as a way of recovering in full or part of the money deposited by the customers during the banking operation.
The study is also designed to highlight the consequences of liquidating a distress bank which include how exactly the asset should be valued to make sure that the auctioneer does not pay less or making a pledge of paying later.
In order further, this course of study the following aims are being considered as some of the objectives of managing and liquidating a distress bank:
a. Distress bank
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria