Full Project-THE PROBLEMS OF WORKING CAPITALS MANAGEMENT IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR
1.1 Background of the Study
Working Capital management is a major concern in the private sector and its deficiency has often been a trigger for private sector failure. Working Capital of a firm simply represents the operating liquidity available to run the firm. Management of working capital is an important component of corporate financial management because it directly affects the profitability and liquidity of all firms, irrespective of their sizes. Researchers have approached working capital management in numerous ways but there appear to be a consensus that working capital management has a significant impact on returns, profitability and firm value Deloof, (2003). Thus, efficient working capital management is known to have many favourable effects. it facilitates owner financing; it reduces working capital as a cause of failure among small businesses (Berryman, 1983); it ensures a sound liquidity for assurance of long-term economic growth and attainment of profit generating process (Wignaraja and O’Neil,1999); and it ensures acceptable relationship between the components of firms working capital for efficient mix which guarantee capital adequacy, (Osisioma, 1997). On the other hand, there is also a general agreement from literature that inefficient working capital management also induces small firms’ failures (Berryman, 1983) For all firms, in both developed and developing economies, one of the fundamental objectives of working capital management is to ensure that they have sufficient, regular and consistent cash flow to fund their activities. A Positive working capital is required to ensure that a firm is able to continue its operations and that it has sufficient funds to satisfy both maturing short-term debt and upcoming operational expenses.
Working capital management is part of the financing considerations that a finance manager of a corporation needs to determine, besides capital structure and capital budgeting (Ross, Westerfield and Jordan, 2010). In view that each company emphasized on maximizing profitability that can be generated from their business operation, many studies had been conducted on the effect of capital structure and working capital management in determining the profitability, which the results varies based on the study undertaken. Meanwhile, in determining a firm’s profitability, the finance manager also needs to take into account the firm’s working capital management, which basically means managing the firm’s current assets and current liabilities at satisfactory level (Dong and Su, 2010; Gill, Biger and Mathur, 2010). Furthermore, the benefits of having an efficient working capital management are the firms able to meet its short term obligations and maintain adequate liquidity position in order to continue the operation of the firms (Eljelly, 2004).
1.2 Statement of the Problem
In Recent years, reports of the liquidation of private firms have been enormous. Between 1991 and 2011, over 55 Nigeria banks have been liquidated by the NDIC due to their protracted problem of distress. Adekanye (2002) and Adam (2003) revealed that nearly 100 out of the 128 banks in Nigeria failed and collapsed as result of inadequate capital base, mismanagement of funds, overtrading, and lack of sound regulation, control and unfair competition from the foreign banks. These problems have also been recorded in other private firms. A critical look at the working capital management problems faced by these private has led to critical questions that are worth considering; how is Nigeria private sector strategising to improve upon their working capital management? What are the existing working capital items of Nigeria private firm? What has been the end-result of working capital management in Nigeria private firms? These stated problems together with the research questions below are what the researcher tries to encapsulate in the research topic with a view to providing their answers in the course of this research.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
In dealing with the above research questions, the study seeks to achieve the following objectives;
· To examine the composition of working capital items in Nigeria private firms.
· To examine the adequacy of working capital management in Nigeria private sector.
· To ascertain if the components of working capital are well managed.
1.4 Research Questions
In view of the above stated problems, my research questions for this study are as follows:
· What is the composition of working capital items in Nigeria private firms?
· What have been the end-results of working capital management in Nigeria private firms?
· Are these components of working capital well managed?
1.5 Significance of the Study
This study will be of immense benefit to other researchers who intend to know more on this topic and can also be used by non-researchers to build more on their work. This study contributes to knowledge and could serve as a bench mark or guide for other work or study.
1.6 Scope/Limitations of the Study
This study is on the problems of working capital management in the private sector. The study was conducted in selected private firms in Abuja.
Limitations of study
Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
1.7 Definition of Terms
Management: consists of the interlocking functions of creating corporate policy and organizing, planning, controlling, and directing an organization’s resources in order to achieve the objectives of that policy.
Working capital: (abbreviated WC) is a financial metric which represents operating liquidity available to a business, organization or other entity, including governmental entity. It is a common measure of a company’s liquidity, efficiency, and overall health. Because it includes cash, inventory, accounts receivable, accounts payable, the portion of debt due within one year, and other short-term accounts
Private Sector: This is the part of a country’s economic system that is run by individuals and companies, rather than the government. Most private sector organizations are run with the intention of making profit.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria